A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

10 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I just finished watched the second one. Now off to the cinema for the third. :)

Crazy to think this was 5 years ago, I remember being dragged to the cinema to see it, I could think of nothing worse than watching some stupid kids film in the cinema. And I fell completely in love.

I seen it at 10pm with only a few kids (4-5) and many adults... 

• Astonished 1

this was great. Perfect way to end this series. the end was tough.

i have to agree with others who said its not as good as the first two, it is definitely not, mainly due to a lot of the events of the film (regarding the villain) not driving character development but instead just plot. However in the second half and especially the last 20 minutes, are fantastic.

It is so great to have a successful emotional payoff for the last 10 years of these films. By building and developing believable characters and in this film, giving us a deserved ending, and an ending that feels like it is the end. unlike say Kung fu panda or other great animated films that you still think maybe there will be more. This is the end.

How To End Your Franchise

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Is this really the end ?

I thought there was more books ... 7 I think ...

:stretcher:

It doesn't adapt the books from book to book. It's all original stories based on the characters from the books. Very loose adaptation

The creators of the films said from the beginning this is a trilogy. 

In this film its very clearly the end. A montage of scenes through the trilogy is played over the credits. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Its probably the worse film of the trilogy because of the predictable story but still a good flick and an entertaining watch. Also the animation is just gorgeous but that should surprise no one. 

The first HTTYD is a tremendously predictable movie.

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

this was great. Perfect way to end this series. the end was tough.

i have to agree with others who said its not as good as the first two, it is definitely not, mainly due to a lot of the events of the film (regarding the villain) not driving character development but instead just plot. However in the second half and especially the last 20 minutes, are fantastic.

It is so great to have a successful emotional payoff for the last 10 years of these films. By building and developing believable characters and in this film, giving us a deserved ending, and an ending that feels like it is the end. unlike say Kung fu panda or other great animated films that you still think maybe there will be more. This is the end.

How To End Your Franchise

Pretty much right there with you. It doesn't reach the heights of the first two, but this is still a fitting conclusion. I remember being really skeptical of the first movie because of how weak the trailers were, yet 9 years on I think this has to go down as one of the strongest film trilogies I've seen. I got a little teary-eyed during the epilogue.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gadd said:

Pretty much right there with you. It doesn't reach the heights of the first two, but this is still a fitting conclusion. I remember being really skeptical of the first movie because of how weak the trailers were, yet 9 years on I think this has to go down as one of the strongest film trilogies I've seen. I got a little teary-eyed during the epilogue.

A little??!!

It got me proper flowing with tears. 

Yep, definitely one of the best film trilogies. Did not disappoint.

• Like 3

We Saw It Today at the Fandango Early Screening at my Theater and WE LOVED IT! The Final Moments the in movie Delivered on an emotional level and it all paid off!  Catch our full movie review tomorrow Premiering Live on YouTube at 9 AM EST! We Hope ya like the review video and can see the movie! :)

On 2/2/2019 at 6:10 AM, shayhiri said:

It opened here yesterday, I could have already seen it - but had to wait one day.

Shay (P)review in 24 hours... :)

Meh. I only really like the second one out of the whole trilogy.

Shay's only hope now is with Alita. Come on, girl!!

8 hours ago, tupek said:

Too predictable, boring? Whats wrong with it?

I remember many strong and beautiful moments from the second one (including the music), which I've seen FOUR times. It was a big step up from the kiddie film that is the first.

The third was overhyped so my hopes were too high, it seems. I was even going to take my girlfriend to see it (she doesn't like animation). But it is much blander than the second. Very few strong moments, and the humour was forced or seen best in the trailers. Hope I like it more the second time - but that's the best I'm giving it, 2 views.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/miss-bala-fires-up-650k-in-previews-before-heading-into-slow-super-bowl-weekend-1202547407/

Other highlights: Fandango reported on Friday that their early access Saturday screenings for DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World on St have exceeded expectations, with hundreds of showtimes selling out. The DWA threequel will play at 1,000 early access screenings taking place at select AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, Cinemark Theatres, Marcus Theatres, Harkins Theatres, Southern Theatres, National Amusements, B & B Theatres, and many more. The pic via Universal opens on Feb. 22. This morning, we hear Hidden World did gangbusters. These early paid screenings are becoming a barometer to a pic’s potential success (unlike when studios use to boast that they ‘sold out’ on a free screening. That doesn’t mean anything. However, when a bulk of moviegoers shell out bucks early on, it’s a very good indicator).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seth Irskens said:

We Saw It Today at the Fandango Early Screening at my Theater and WE LOVED IT! The Final Moments the in movie Delivered on an emotional level and it all paid off!  Catch our full movie review tomorrow Premiering Live on YouTube at 9 AM EST! We Hope ya like the review video and can see the movie! :)

Can you guys do the review inside the wind makes it very hard to hear.