Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

Stand-up comedian. He'll be nominated because it seems everyone in Russell's movies gets nominated these days.

I mainly remember him from the short lived Lucky Louie back in 2006. I watched all 13 episodes but only recently realized Emma Stone appeared in an episode as one of her first ever acting jobs. I recently watched that ep. and it was weird seeing her with a foul mouth and offering to blow Louie.

None of nominees is WTF because they were all in conversation, including Jacki Weaver. It`s just that Oscar pundits are too focused on precursors whereas AMPAS is getting more and more independent from them. Namely, they don`t pick precursor faves but they still pick people who were in general awards conversation. Total WTF would be,lets say, Chris Evans for TA because he was never in any conversation.

I wasn't referring to precursors. I was referring to the fact that Weaver's role is not Oscar caliber at all. Great movie, and she's fine in it, but an Oscar nomination? No.

Not especially relevant but Sean O'Neal of AV Club is totally my favourite news writer on the web.

Louis C.K. is finally getting his chance to work with David O. Russell, a director who seems to have renewed his commitment to following through with projects now that he knows they'll automatically be nominated for awards, even if they're just okay. The comic is reportedly joining the cast of Russell's American Bullshit—a film that is, regrettably, no longer called that, due to this already being the title of Silver Linings Playbook in China