Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

The rumor is DiscoveryPlus will now be the lead, and HBOMax will merge into it, and be a new HBO streaming service.  So, most of the HBOMax folks would be eliminated as scripted programs move to HBO and Discovery manages all the "just for the streaming service" stuff...

It's definitely a Chapek type move - looking at the worldwide economy and the coming energy disaster in Europe and deciding streaming services might be 1st to go, so time to go really lean and get the price lower (or at least not rising)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Unless Legendary can muscle the license away from Warner, I think Denis's Dune Messiah movie is pretty much stillborn. Hell, I'm not even sure if Dune 2 will actually be completed. That Sisterhood spinoff is most likely dead too.

Imagine if Zaslav kills Peacemaker too :sadfleck:

I’m not certain WB have anything to do with those films apart from Distribute them. They’d just move to another distributor.

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Unless Legendary can muscle the license away from Warner, I think Denis's Dune Messiah movie is pretty much stillborn. Hell, I'm not even sure if Dune 2 will actually be completed. That Sisterhood spinoff is most likely dead too.

Imagine if Zaslav kills Peacemaker too :sadfleck:

Don't you dare speak this evil into the world

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

The rumor is DiscoveryPlus will now be the lead, and HBOMax will merge into it, and be a new HBO streaming service.  So, most of the HBOMax folks would be eliminated as scripted programs move to HBO and Discovery manages all the "just for the streaming service" stuff...

Discovery+ UI is Mike’s behind HBO Max’s. A shame if true.

Affleck in Aquaman. Batgirl rumored to be cancelled, not even an HBO release, despite no indication at all that the test screenings were poor. The common thread? Michael Keaton. Not that he's anything other than the GOAT that he most assuredly is, but I think the way they're addressing the Ezra Problem is by totally doing away with everything The Flash Movie sets up, which means that film is the next domino to fall. (And if and when that happens, it also becomes the Holy Grail of lost films for me, even over the the Lord and Miller Solo project.)

R.I.P. Batgirl.

R.I.P. Supergirl.

Hello again, Henry?

Not believing the HBO stuff as that doesn't make ANY sense. Aside from the obvious incongruity of Bloys just re-upping his contract, Euphoria and Succession are two of the most popular shows on any platform, and House of the Dragon will likely join them in August. Also, we know that The Batman spin offs are already heavy in scripting and I really doubt that the new regime would just throw Reeves over like that.

But after today- assuming this isn't the biggest short-selling hoax ever perpetrated- I guess anything is possible.

WHAT. A. CLUSTER.

• Like 1

This is absolutely insane, I don't think something like that actually happened in movie history, Zaslav is brutal.

11 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Doing this with a female POC superhero also direct by two POC men is.... no words.

All of this has nothing to do with quality. The original article claims test-screenings were a disaster.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Affleck in Aquaman. Batgirl rumored to be cancelled, not even an HBO release, despite no indication at all that the test screenings were poor. The common thread? Michael Keaton. Not that he's anything other than the GOAT that he most assuredly is, but I think the way they're addressing the Ezra Problem is by totally doing away with everything The Flash Movie sets up, which means that film is the next domino to fall. (And if and when that happens, it also becomes the Holy Grail of lost films for me, even over the the Lord and Miller Solo project.)

R.I.P. Batgirl.

R.I.P. Supergirl.

Hello again, Henry?

Not believing the HBO stuff as that doesn't make ANY sense. Aside from the obvious incongruity of Bloys just re-upping his contract, Euphoria and Succession are two of the most popular shows on any platform, and House of the Dragon will likely join them in August. Also, we know that The Batman spin offs are already heavy in scripting and I really doubt that the new regime would just throw Reeves over like that.

But after today- assuming this isn't the biggest short-selling hoax ever perpetrated- I guess anything is possible.

WHAT. A. CLUSTER.

I think you're right. We need to see what will happen to the Flash movie now.

But in this case they would need just to make reshoots for the ending alone, based on what we know from test screenings.

Who the hell even watches Discovery Plus they have a worst subscription rate than freaking Peacock and Paramount and going to reality tv? 

I'll just subscribe to HBO streaming service like I did before

HBO Max had some quality scripted shows what is gonna happen to them?

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 2

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

Who the hell even watches Discovery Plus they have a worst subscription rate than freaking Peacock and Paramount and going to reality tv? 

I'll just subscribe to HBO streaming service like I did before

It's gonna be a combo - to make the rumor simpler - there were 3 groups at corporate - HBO, HBO Max, and Discovery Plus.  Originally, it was though Discovery Plus would take the big hit in its budget, staff and programming when they merged HBO Max and Discovery Plus (which is thought to be a certainty to come).  Instead, this week (from the canceling of family Max programming and leaving it to Cartoon Network to provide to now canceling major Max movies) has shown its the Max part getting gutted with the other 2 keeping their stuff...

@HouseOfTheSun was right!

Damn Mr. Unscripted (Zaslav) making quick work of destroying Warner, who would have thought AT&T would be the more competent parent company.

I just hope the destruction is so quick that they sell Warner again within the next couple of years if this drags out I fell it will be painful to watch a once great company completely hollowed out.

Although Warner has already been through a handful of different owners in the last couple of decades and all have failed so maybe they will end up selling piecemeal (HBO, Warner, DC, Gaming etc.) as it is possible no one will want the full entity. 

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Sony is probably beyond overjoyed that people won't be talking about Bullet Train's mixed reception anymore.

Us Marvel fans are so fucking lucky, it's not even funny. Imagine if Chapek was anywhere near the vulture Zaslav is.

I was just gonna say Chapek must be loooooving all this taking away heat from him lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's gonna be a combo - to make the rumor simpler - there were 3 groups at corporate - HBO, HBO Max, and Discovery Plus.  Originally, it was though Discovery Plus would take the big hit in its budget, staff and programming when they merged HBO Max and Discovery Plus (which is thought to be a certainty to come).  Instead, this week (from the canceling of family Max programming and leaving it to Cartoon Network to provide to now canceling major Max movies) has shown its the Max part getting gutted with the other 2 keeping their stuff...

So all the HBO Max originals that are very successful and are very anticipated like Our Flags Mean Death S2, Euphoria, Succession, House of the Dragon, Peacemaker, Young Justice, Sex Life of College Girls, The new PLL, The new Gossip Girl, I'm probably missing others are gonna go to HBO now?

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

So all the HBO Max originals that are very successful and are very anticipated like Our Flags Mean Death S2, Euphoria, Succession, House of the Dragon, Peacemaker, Young Justice, Sex Life of College Girls, The new PLL, The new Gossip Girl, I'm probably missing others are gonna go to HBO now?

That's in the rumor...although if they keep all or some, who knows...

Again, all rumors, but...

It probably depends how ruthless he plans to be...even he might not know yet.  These news items keep dropping by the day, it seems...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Supposedly

but as long as the shit I care about is safe, I'm happy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Some of those are already HBO shows (House of Dragon, Succession, Euphoria etc.)

Peacemaker, Our Flag Means Death are both HBO Max shows. 

Both HBO and HBO Max originals are run by Casey Bloys so makes sense to switch Max originals to just being HBO shows it isn't a big deal compared to some of the other things happening. 

Edited by Potiki
  • Like 1