Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I don’t see how you think you’re gonna build out your IP’s by canceling stuff but that’s just me. I guess the property brothers are gonna be renovating Wayne Manor soon. Biggest crossover ever!!

You're just being stupid at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Scripted content that's intended for HBO Max is dead I believe. So yeah, that means most of these franchise spinoffs/genre shows that don't fit into HBO's prestige television brand will be canned. 

No it doesn't.

It means they'll just roll those shows over to HBO management and branding. Instead of having 2 brands and 2 operations pumping out similar stuff.

Where are people getting these notions of mass cancellations? Pretty Little Liars isn't getting canned because it doesn't fit the HBO brand.

Half the posts on this topic are ridiculous at this point.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I’m obviously kidding 😕

My larger point is if Zaslav is really canceling off shows like Peacemaker or the Batman spin-offs I think it’s a terrible idea, especially if you really want to grow the IP. I’ll reserve judgment till tomorrow and see what happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

No it doesn't.

It means they'll just roll those shows over to HBO management and branding. Instead of having 2 brands and 2 operations pumping out similar stuff.

Where are people getting these notions of mass cancellations? Pretty Little Liars isn't getting canned because it doesn't fit the HBO brand.

People are just going off some posts on Twitter that have said some shows will probably be canceled or may be in trouble.

Gunn said last night after the batgirl news that peacemaker season 2 was still happening so I was kinda shocked to see the rumours online.

I’m very curious to see what happens tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The actual idea of a Discovery show being used to promote a WB movie in the way @cax16 suggests actually sounds pretty sensible. I'm pretty certain I've seen similar tie ins happen before.

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m obviously kidding 😕

My larger point is if Zaslav is really canceling off shows like Peacemaker or the Batman spin-offs I think it’s a terrible idea, especially if you really want to grow the IP. I’ll reserve judgment till tomorrow and see what happens. 

Peacemaker did well n the ratings; I think it's safe.

Batman Spinoffs might be on a case by case basis. As much as I love Batman, some of them seem questionable to me.

But things are going to have to be cancelled..no debate about that.

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

The actual idea of a Discovery show being used to promote a WB movie in the way @cax16 suggests actually sounds pretty sensible. I'm pretty certain I've seen similar tie ins happen before.

As much as I was kidding the property brothers do have a show where they work

with celebrities to give deserving people who the celebrities chose home renovations, so I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see something crossover. 

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

No it doesn't.

While there is a lot of exaggeration going around, I find it ironic you would call someone stupid and then post this. They're clearly cutting costs. That means they will, of course, go for overheads first. They'll want to consolidate and as you said, have one team developing shows rather than two, for example. But cost-cutting will obviously also mean canning content. Why are you  dismissing that as being nonsense? 

24 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I don’t see how you think you’re gonna build out your IP’s by canceling stuff but that’s just me. I guess the property brothers are gonna be renovating Wayne Manor soon. Biggest crossover ever!!

10/10 Would watch that. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AJG said:

You watched the Brady House makeover, too?  (To be fair, I didn't watch it - my mom did...but I happened to be visiting her tiny townhome at the time, so skipping it was impossible)...

32 minutes ago, AJG said:

No it doesn't.

Agreed. 

The only thing WB is doing wrong here is not letting Batgirl (and I suppose Scoob 2) see the light of day, which is awful for the creatives who worked on them. 

Everything else? Needed to be done. HBO needed streamlining, and the DC universe needed trimming. 

With Alan Horn involved and a bigger focus on theatrical, I'm sensing good things ahead. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lab276 said:

What self respecting creative person is going to want to have anything to do with a guy like this?

It’s so self-contradictory too. Zaslav wants to keep things cheap, but he also scoffs at the notion that WB should maintain a good working relation with a director who consistently gets films finished on time and under budget?

Furthermore, how does he not realize that in Hollywood, being friends with people is actually very important? Connections are everything in the industry. Anyone who’s been involved in it can tell you that. 

5 hours ago, The GOAT said:

With the Marvel Quality Slump and DCEU dis-functionality, Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for Superhero Industry. 

I think We'll be seeing less superhero movies as the years progress. They've pretty much peaked. 

bruh the 20th Spiderman movie just made $800m

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Zaslav is a raging bull.

Its Zaslavin time!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

bruh the 20th Spiderman movie just made $800m

That was their only good movie, in a while, and it was nostalgia on 100x steroids. 

If the quality keeps dropping, They can expect less and less revenue -> less movies.  

Nothing lasts forever. 

The superhero genre will only die if the MCU stops making money. Phase Four has been pretty shaky to say the least, but Marvel still has more goodwill than most other franchises. 

As for DC, yeah, they’re probably boned. Nothing except for that dumb Joker sequel  seems like a certainty right now, but I guess we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The superhero genre will only die if the MCU stops making money. Phase Four has been pretty shaky to say the least, but Marvel still has more goodwill than most other franchises. 

As for DC, yeah, they’re probably boned. Nothing except for that dumb Joker sequel  seems like a certainty right now, but I guess we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow. 

ANOTHER ONE