Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 1/4/2023 at 6:12 PM, Macleod said:

It's all buzz and assumption lately with the trades (except for Borys Kit at THR, who seems to have the only genuine connection to studio/Gunn insiders).  On Wonder Woman, my guess is that someone misinterpreted "No plans for WW3 in the near future since Jenkins walked" as "No plans for Wonder Woman" which...if you listened to Zaslav's statements last year and of course Gunn... does not match up with their priorities whatsoever (which is focusing on the "big three"). 

I expect Gunn/Safran to formally announce some plans as early as next week, but definitely sometime this month.  They won't be able to keep things really quiet much longer. 

Clear  Safran/Gunn have to announce something just to slow down the endless rumors.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, The GOAT said:

I don't get it. What's with all the negative leaks by WB about the Rock lately? The Higher ups knows Dwayne will not be returning to DC Cinematic Universe. Why do they insist on leaving such a bad after-smell? I can't imagine it would help them attract talent, but they probably don't care for that at the moment given their precarious financial state. 

Becuase the Rock has been saying nasty things about WB. 

Fans and others encouraging Warner to sell Synder Universe to Netflix.. Not even sure thats a good home for the Snyder Cut Though. Anyone heard more on this.. Would be nice if this lead to Henry and others surviving the Gunn Era..  I just feel Gunn is real bad for DC to bounce back.. SMH!

Bigtime  Social Media Man Magnus talks about those rumors here.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Time for me to add more fuel to the broke Warner fire: they just pulled all their upcoming movies off the release schedule here in Turkey: https://boxofficeturkiye.com/takvim/vizyon-tarihi-degisiklikleri

The Flash, Barbie, Blue Beetle etc... All gone. Their Turkish distribution arm was also completely wiped from the website I linked. Sounds like they're ending their Turkish operations and inking a deal with a local distributor instead, kind of like the arrangement Fox had before the Disney merger and Sony has now.

UPDATE: It appears I was right. Warner Bros Turkey is no more, and future movies will be distributed by TME Films, a prominent local distributor which also signed with Sony a few months back. This is the funniest shit ever, because Warner used to distribute Sony movies here before the reign of Zaslav. Now, the two studios are back under the same roof here in Turkey! :hahaha:

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Fans and others encouraging Warner to sell Synder Universe to Netflix.. Not even sure thats a good home for the Snyder Cut Though. Anyone heard more on this.. Would be nice if this lead to Henry and others surviving the Gunn Era..  I just feel Gunn is real bad for DC to bounce back.. SMH!

Bigtime  Social Media Man Magnus talks about those rumors here.

I saw them trying to get this trending on Twitter the other day and my eyes practically rolled out of the back of my head. They’re deluded if they even think it’s a possibility. No way would WB sell some of their most prized IP characters to Netflix to use for a competing universe of films. 

Edited by SnokesLegs

https://boxofficeturkiye.com/haber/tme-films-warner-bros-filmlerinin-turkiye-deki-yeni-dagitimcisi-oldu--4881

The move I mentioned earlier has been officially announced. Warner's Turkish arm will officially close their doors after Shazam 2's release and the new local distributor will take over with Evil Dead Rise, which will indeed be getting a theatrical release here now after being undated by Warner themselves.

Props to these TME guys for recovering so quickly after losing Fox to the Disney merger. Funnily enough Warner Turkey used to distribute Sony movies here before the Discovery merger. Guess who took over the duties for not only Sony, but now Warner? TME.