Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Disappointed that it’s not a full reboot but a convoluted partial reboot, and two concurrent Batmans is not a good idea for the fanbase. It will inevitably lead to different factions fighting over which version is superior. Right now I can’t say I’m excited about any of these. Hopefully we get some casting/directing news soon.

• Like 1

I’ll just echo what I said a while back: I would’ve much preferred if they had just not bothered trying to relaunch their cinematic universe, and just make the new Superman its own standalone franchise, like Matt Reeves’ Batman. I just can’t grasp the logic behind having a Batman movie set in the DCU while the Matt Reeves universe is still going on. 

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

All that build-up just to release a pretty sensible line-up with c-tier characters we haven't seen before...

I respect it.

If anyone can post reactions from the Snyder Cult below that would be greatly appreciated.

To quote a friend on discord who is a member of the cult: I refuse to spend any time or money on the would be p*do's botched attempt at a cinematic universe 

2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I'm VERY happy it's a soft reboot. There were things that worked in the DCEU. 

This is how I feel as well, I don’t think a full reboot was necessary and I’m happy some things are continuing on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

All that build-up just to release a pretty sensible line-up with c-tier characters we haven't seen before...

I respect it.

If anyone can post reactions from the Snyder Cult below that would be greatly appreciated.

Not about today, but I thought this was pretty funny 

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Really don’t see much clarity on the degree of rebootness here one way or another. Wpuodn’r expect much til after aqm2 been running for a bit.

The Waller show would kinda hint towards not everyone being recast though I believe, that’s at least the way I see it. Rebooted storyline is for sure happening I think. 

3 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Did he though? He said that the Flash reboots the universe but nothing about those other movies being canon. He did however say that Superman Legacy is the true beginning of the DCU.

He said “Flash reboots the universe, Blue Beetle is DCU and Aquaman leads into their new chapter”. Which is what the tweet was asking. 

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

He said “Flash reboots the universe, Blue Beetle is DCU and Aquaman leads into their new chapter”. Which is what the tweet was asking. 

"Leads into their few projects" was actually what he said. Then he goes on to announce "Creature Commandos" and "Waller" both of which seem to be previous projects he was already working on. Very ambiguous tbh. Could be interpreted in a couple of ways, but they're not gonna actually come out and say "These movies aren't canon to the new DCU.".

Edited by poweranimals