Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Kenneith Branagh says hi

Joe Johnston (first Captain America) may not have been exactly A-list but certainly more experienced than 99% of the directors involved with the MCU since then (the 1% is Shane Black).

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt zaslav will bite at 150m budget. This is another dead end for sure. 

Feeling generally is Zaslav is setting up WB as an acquisition target possibly by Comcast if it can get bast regulatory scrutiny. 

A theatrical release means a much lower budget because they don't have to pay out backend. This is probably gonna have a similar budget to Ticket to Paradise and The Lost City. Still expensive but could easily see it recoup that budget with a good cast.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Not that I care if Affleck directs in the dcu or not but his comments seem pretty decisive for someone who took a meeting with Gunn.

I don’t see any reason why Gunn would lie, but maybe Gunn meant they met for a project outside the dcu like a Joker type movie cause Affleck only said he wouldn’t direct “inside the dcu”.  Or maybe they met a few more times and Affleck didn’t see a fit. 

Edited by cax16

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Not that I care if Affleck directs in the dcu or not but his comments seem pretty decisive for someone who took a meeting with Gunn.

I don’t see any reason why Gunn would lie, but maybe Gunn meant they met for a project outside the dcu like a Joker type movie cause Affleck only said he wouldn’t direct “inside the dcu”. 

May be he did not like what Gunn had to offer. It makes sense that making a movie within a franchise is not much of a fun plus he has all the scars of working in JL. 

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

May be he did not like what Gunn had to offer. It makes sense that making a movie within a franchise is not much of a fun plus he has all the scars of working in JL. 

Ya, I actually edited my post and added on what you just said before you quoted me. Maybe initially he thought he would have more freedom. 

Affleck feels too exciting a choice for something that will be as producer-run as Gunn's DCU, a saga where two of the announced projects are being directly spearheaded by the co-ceo. Jon Watts/Cathy Yan-types make more sense, so maybe someone from sxsw or sundance will get the batman gig. maybe the ruckarucka boys, they just had a big a24 acquisition. 

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Affleck feels too exciting a choice for something that will be as producer-run as Gunn's DCU, a saga where two of the announced projects are being directly spearheaded by the co-ceo. Jon Watts/Cathy Yan-types make more sense, so maybe someone from sxsw or sundance will get the batman gig. maybe the ruckarucka boys, they just had a big a24 acquisition. 

Didn’t they already have a meeting with DC? 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:57 AM, AJG said:

When will we know peace?!?!?

Its like a virus that won't go away. Like why throw in Peter and Gunn in it?? They had nothing to do with that crap. 

Luckily for Todd Phillips and Matt Reeves that their movies are not part of the DCU and having to deal with Snyder's crazy ass fans. The DCU on the other hand, shew, I hope Gunn is ready for the hate and BS that will come. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Coneilg93 said:

Its like a virus that won't go away. Like why throw in Peter and Gunn in it?? They had nothing to do with that crap. 

Luckily for Todd Phillips and Matt Reeves that their movies are not part of the DCU and having to deal with Snyder's crazy ass fans. The DCU on the other hand, shew, I hope Gunn is ready for the hate and BS that will come. 

I can't even imagine how is Gunn able to deal with all these people's toxicity. Trolls of all trolls.

1 minute ago, Coneilg93 said:

Yup, they've been harassing his wife for awhile now. He finally said about it last night. 

One told him to stop casting his wife in EVERY DC movie like wtf, she is only in ONE movie and was actually great in it.

These people are like a cult and what they do is disgusting, really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

One told him to stop casting his wife in EVERY DC movie like wtf, she is only in ONE movie and was actually great in it.

These people are like a cult and what they do is disgusting, really.

Gunn has had experience with dealing with cults on twitter