Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

15 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

This will be frustratingly mediocre at best if true...

Well, I though some of the Potter movies were mediocre. Thr Quaility of the movies was all  over place, from brilliant to mediocre.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

This will be frustratingly mediocre at best if true...

If done right, it has the potential to supersede the films: more accessible (to non-readers) and richer story, better character development, better worldbuilding, etc. I am saying this as a big fan of both the films and the books.

The books absolutely allow for another interpretation that is distinctive and different in style from the films.

• Like 2

obviously the potter hbo series will be one of the most hyped series ever, I am just mad we are being robbed of the epic hype that would be the return of the original trio to a film!!!

4 hours ago, nox said:

If done right, it has the potential to supersede the films: more accessible (to non-readers) and richer story, better character development, better worldbuilding, etc. I am saying this as a big fan of both the films and the books.

The books absolutely allow for another interpretation that is distinctive and different in style from the films.

I haven’t read the books since I was a kid, but I don’t know if they’re really compelling enough to justify giving each one its own season. It would be one thing if the movies didn’t exist, but as it stands, it’s a story we’ve already seen before, and it would be a pretty tall order for them overtake the films in the cultural consciousness.

Of course, if they absolutely have to retell the story, it does at least make more sense to do it as a TV show, rather than doing it with another seven or eight films. That would’ve been a complete disaster. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nox said:

We are talking about WB at its story telling peak during the early Potter movie era.

Today's WB cannot even compete , its just the sad state of Hollywood film making nowadays so the best one can hope for this is to just not suck.

11 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

We are talking about WB at its story telling peak during the early Potter movie era.

Today's WB cannot even compete , its just the sad state of Hollywood film making nowadays so the best one can hope for this is to just not suck.

The early Potters were better films then some of the later Potters. Much more creative.

I read the books, and what always stuck out to me is that Neville fulfills the prophecy as much as Harry at the end (Harry killing Voldermort and Neville killing Nagini), and is actually also suspected to be part of the prophecy in book 5.

I would like a redo tv show of the Harry Potter books, but from the perspective of Neville.  I think that could be a wildly successful tv show, without being a straight rehash...

But I'm not the writers or the producers...I just watch!

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just found out Drew Goddard is involved with this new DC universe. I wonder if he's going to direct/write one of the films. He needs more work.

hope he’s writing Brave and The Bold. He could be a great director though I like the idea of Sam Raimi doing it too.

On 4/7/2023 at 12:00 PM, TwoMisfits said:

I read the books, and what always stuck out to me is that Neville fulfills the prophecy as much as Harry at the end (Harry killing Voldermort and Neville killing Nagini), and is actually also suspected to be part of the prophecy in book 5.

I would like a redo tv show of the Harry Potter books, but from the perspective of Neville.  I think that could be a wildly successful tv show, without being a straight rehash...

But I'm not the writers or the producers...I just watch!

I don't think that would work unless you make massive changes to the story. You would have a season 1 finale where the climax is him getting petrified lol. 

• Like 1