Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I see the backlash against Gunn has already started.

I mean, not for nothing but he has been making some pretty big, ego filled commentary lately and if he fails with DCU it's all gonna be thrown in his face just like what happened with Dwayne.

But this is the guy who said Scorcese was jealous of the MCU, so it shouldn't be too surprising at his ego.

• Haha 1

If you kicked every director with an ego out of Hollywood, you would have few directors left.

Yes, I did not like what Gunn said about Scorsese. But I could name a whole slew of very talented directors who have said some stupid crap.

Let's wait and see what Superman: Legacy is like and what he does with the DCU before we make judgements, shall we.

6 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

I mean, not for nothing but he has been making some pretty big, ego filled commentary lately and if he fails with DCU it's all gonna be thrown in his face just like what happened with Dwayne.

But this is the guy who said Scorcese was jealous of the MCU, so it shouldn't be too surprising at his ego.

But he's 100% correct though.  He's just passionate about the genre and wants it to be better. It's not like he threw anyone under the bus (Scorcese shot first).

37 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The irony...

The irony of what, exactly? Gunn is critically and public acclaimed as a director and storyteller. He is arguably the best director and one of the best writers working on the superhero genre for ten years now. If anything, coming from him this holds a lot of more weight, and yes I see this as good criticism for both Marvel Studios and DC, and no, Gunn isn’t the only one making excellent Marvel Studios films. He is still one of the greatest though. I could see this criticism of his being applied to Quantumania, Eternals and Black Widow, for example. Easily for most of the DCEU output with the exception of TSS and maybe Birds of Prey.

I don’t know his opinion on Love and Thunder, but I actually really love how that third act went out of its way to have Thor well, losing. He loses to Gorr, Gorr got what he wanted. And instead of fighting, Thor decides to spend what could be the last of his moments if Gorr went with killing all the gods with the one he loves. I thought it was very inventive and heartfelt. Shame most people don’t see it.

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

The irony of what, exactly? Gunn is critically and public acclaimed as a director and storyteller. He is arguably the best director and one of the best writers working on the superhero genre for ten years now. If anything, coming from him this holds a lot of more weight, and yes I see this as good criticism for both Marvel Studios and DC, and no, Gunn isn’t the only one making excellent Marvel Studios films. He is still one of the greatest though. I could see this criticism of his being applied to Quantumania, Eternals and Black Widow, for example. Easily for most of the DCEU output with the exception of TSS and maybe Birds of Prey.

I don’t know his opinion on Love and Thunder, but I actually really love how that third act went out of its way to have Thor well, losing. He loses to Gorr, Gorr got what he wanted. And instead of fighting, Thor decides to spend what could be the last of his moments if Gorr went with killing all the gods with the one he loves. I thought it was very inventive and heartfelt. Shame most people don’t see it.

I overll like GUnn, but I don;t worship him.

WB are gonna have to do better with this casting if they want Superman to make any money. They simply have surrounded the lead duo with some serious names with real drawn power. A bunch of names reeks of made-for-streaming nonsense. Its fucking Superman and your last shot. You need to go big or not bother.

Edited by excel1

16 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Love the casting for Lois and Lex. Haven't seen anything with the actor playing Clark.

That's the wrong Skarsgard for me. I want to see Lex as the alpha male, presidential variant. Bill trades in kooky and weird characters, and I don't want Lex anywhere near that kind of characterisation again.

• Like 1

Just now, FunkMiller said:

That's the wrong Skarsgard for me. I want to see Lex as the alpha male, presidential variant. Bill trades in kooky and weird characters, and I don't want Lex anywhere near that kind of characterisation again.

His character in John Wick wasn't kooky in the slightest.

Lex has always been a bit unhinged as a character, he was originally a mad scientist before they turned into a power obsessed CEO. 

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

His character in John Wick wasn't kooky in the slightest.

Lex has always been a bit unhinged as a character, he was originally a mad scientist before they turned into a power obsessed CEO. 

But the accent though 😄

Bill's a great actor, but I want Lex to be a big, muscular alpha male with a huge but fragile ego, who has applied himself as hard as possible to both physical and mental perfection - and still knows he comes up short compared to Superman. Alex fits that characterisation far better.

• Like 1

I don’t feel any need for Lex Luthor to be some imposing alpha male badass, but Alexander Skarsgard and Bill Skarsgard are both around 6’3/6’4, so it’s not like either of them are on the small side. 

Edited by WittyUsername