Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Aquaman will be delayed to next year, is simply absurd releasing this against Avatar and rumours is that the movie is having a hard time with the CGI, the effects crew is under pressure because of the date, delaying it will be better for everyone.

I think Flash will go to December, maybe early dec so it can avoid Avatar for some weeks.

Black Adam likely needs more time in post, and Super Pets would've been crushed by Endgame 3. Both solid delays. Black Adam coming closer to the moodier fall season makes thematic sense considering the kind of character he is.

Warner will likely vacate December entirely (never underestimate Cameron when he's in the director's chair) and push both Flash and Aquaman to 2023. Shazam might go to December of that year if Rogue Squadron doesn't happen. We'll see.

Either way, that Year of DC spot has aged like milk already. Yikes. :apocalypse:

I just think it's funny seeing this news right after seeing that "In 2022 The World Needs Heroes" ad touting their four DC movies this year right before The Batman this past weekend and now it's looking like a good chance only two of those will release this year. If there are reports of it getting pulled from before the movie in the next few weeks we'll know.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just think it's funny seeing this news right after seeing that "In 2022 The World Needs Heroes" ad touting their four DC movies this year right before The Batman this past weekend and now it's looking like a good chance only two of those will release this year. If there are reports of it getting pulled from before the movie in the next few weeks we'll know.

Looks like Discover is already moving its parts to f### DC

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Black Adam likely needs more time in post, and Super Pets would've been crushed by Endgame 3. Both solid delays. Black Adam coming closer to the moodier fall season makes thematic sense considering the kind of character he is.

Warner will likely vacate December entirely (never underestimate Cameron when he's in the director's chair) and push both Flash and Aquaman to 2023. Shazam might go to December of that year if Rogue Squadron doesn't happen. We'll see.

Either way, that Year of DC spot has aged like milk already. Yikes. :apocalypse:

WB won't vacate December entirely, they always release in December

2021: The Matrix

2020: WW84

2019: Richard Jewell/Just Mercy (limited)

2018: Aquaman/The Mule

2017: Father Figures

2016: Collateral Beauty

2015: Point Break/In the Heart of the Sea

And then of course, The Hobbit trilogy

They just overestimate their DC plans per usual

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deadline said Shazam 2 is moving up, likely to December I guess, but edited their story. Probably waiting on the full release changes from WB.

You can still see the headline in their tweet

Filming on both movies wrapped back in August and one of them is currently set for June of next year, I highly doubt it needs nearly two years of post-production lol.

• Like 1

Here is what I would do all around and including today's moves....

- DC Super Pets goes to July

- Shazam 2 goes to August

- Black Adam is October

- Thor is November

- Wonka is Christmas

- Black Panther is February 2023

- The Flash goes to March 2023

- The Marvels goes to May 2023

- Guardians 3 goes to August 2023

- Aquaman goes to Fall 2023

- Ant-Man ?????

• Like 1

Just now, cax16 said:

I thought Wonka would come out around Christmas, but in 2022 lol. Good move though, based on the first images it never made sense as a spring release.

Looks like they're going for counterprogramming against Avatar 2 with Shazam since there's no chance of it having large screen formats in that date. Guessing they end up moving the following week either the Wednesday before Christmas, or to Christmas Day itself.