Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

13 minutes ago, AJG said:
  • They will exclude unactivated HBO MAX customers from their tally
  • they only added 1.7 million subs across WBD streaming??? Was that just HBO Max???
  • THEYRE CUTTING INVESTMENT TO KIDS, CARTOONS, AND FAMILY ACROSS THE LEGACY COMPANY - NOT JUST HBO MAX
  • Batgirl, Wonder Twins and Scoob 2 didn’t fit new strategy
  • They’re going to start licensing shows back to third parties instead of hogging everything for HBO Max.

Leaving the kid (streaming) battle between Disney and Paramount?  (Or is Netflix/Amazon bigger and better than Nick material?)

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’ll believe this when I see it and they don’t change plans if a movie underperforms. 

What you don't realise is that the ten year plan involves pushing back Shazam, The Flash and Aquaman 2 6 months at a time over the next 9 years. Boom. Plan accomplished. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If WB is still around as a indepenent studio in 2025 it means it has survived the debt crisis and that would be a win in and of itself.

This is getting spammy now, give it a rest. 

Literally said at the start of the call they’ve paid off $6b in debt already. 

Time to move on. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Doesn’t even look like they’ll release movies ever after they’re ready 

I get what they’re trying to do, who wouldn’t want to replicate marvel and if that’s the plan then fine. But we can’t have what’s been happening in the past, not every movie is gonna be a huge hit, if you’re building towards something then do that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cap said:

As someone who has dealt with sexism from fandom men for 20 years thinking I don’t deserve to be in the space, yeah. There is.

Moreover it is incredibly troubling if they are writing and producing those shows thinking their target audience is men and not everyone.  Huge, huge, huge red flags. 

Sorry to hear your experience. I don't think execs greenlight projects hoping they only appeal to men or women as I highlighted previously but generally speaking some things will appeal to different genders or ages just because of the nature of those programmes but if someone outside of those demos like that content then it's absolutely fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AJG said:
  • Someone is legit askin about what the fuck is going on with DC- that never would happen on a Disney call
  • DC Is very important to WB
  • Theyve done a reset with DC
  • A team with a 10 year plan will mould DC
  • Zas shoutouts Alan Horn and Kevin Feige - says they’re replicating what they did with Marvel

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cax16 said:

I get what they’re trying to do, who wouldn’t want to replicate marvel and if that’s the plan then fine. But we can’t have what’s been happening in the past, not every movie is gonna be a huge hit, if you’re building towards something then do that. 

If they want to even slightly replicate marvel they’re going to have to push unknown characters with large budgets. Zaslav doesn’t seem to be willing to do that. My guess is that we’ll get movies of the big 3 and crossovers with them and everyone else is simply support. 

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Leaving the kid (streaming) battle between Disney and Paramount?  (Or is Netflix/Amazon bigger and better than Nick material?)

If I were to guess, I think a lot of kid content probably will be shared or co-produced with Cartoon Network like the upcoming Tiny Toons or BatWheels but no exclusive kids content on the HBO Discovery streamer.

I don't think WBD are along in cutting kids content, Netflix has done the same and Amazon haven't really produced any new kids content, it's just Disney+ and Paramount+

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That Gumball revival is most definitely dead. So are Coyote vs ACME and that Craig of the Creek preschool spinoff (the main show will likely be sunsetted in a couple of years). That Venture Bros movie is probably toast too. My condolences to all these fandoms and the respective crews of these properties.

Ok, what should Warners but instead of these project, proviso being things have to be cut.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve long since said that WB should stop trying to copy Marvel and just do their own thing, but it looks like they just won’t give up. 

The concept of giving a hero their individual movies and then doing a team up every like 3/5 years makes sense. I support that. 

It’s when they freak out because things go sideways, and immediately try to reset everything is when they get in trouble. If they’re gonna commit to this, and they’re going to see it through, this is probably a good thing.

They also need to hire people that actually like comics. No more of this I want to do a deconstruction of Superman bullshit. I want to superman movie that feels like superman movie.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think we'll still see the odd DC film that are more like Joker or The Batman and probably they'll use WAG as a way to create films with lesser known characters like the Metal Men. 

I'll believe their commitment to DC when I see it. If it were any other regime I'd be optimistic, but since we're dealing with the visionary auteurs behind the... 90 DAY FIANCEE SHARED UNIVERSEwhat the hell are these people consuming here, I'm not holding my breath. They'll likely have a classic reactionary twitch when their The Rock as Black Adam movie no one ever asked for doesn't live up to expectations.

Zaslav's comment about making the immediate DC slate better heavily implies reshoots in my eyes. Lines up with the Twitter scooper circle recently implying that major delays for Shazam and Aquaman 2 are forthcoming. I can't help but laugh at them turning their noses up at Batgirl while fully backing The Flash, a movie starring a complete psychopath.