Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

THE BATMAN has some very legit. flaws that the sequel needs to address. It is way too long with too many plot threads and a seemingly record-breaking amount of exposition. It needs more action and was also shockingly half-baked in some moments despite its enormous runtime. 

Is The Batman WB's most successful movie within the past year? It certainly seems like it. All their other stuff seemed to either underperform, near flop, or straight up bomb in the case of Matrix Resurrections.

In a weird way maybe this whole debt situation may cause them to start doing more quality control across the board, they sure do need it. 

9 hours ago, clockwork said:

Is The Batman WB's most successful movie within the past year? It certainly seems like it. All their other stuff seemed to either underperform, near flop, or straight up bomb in the case of Matrix Resurrections.

In a weird way maybe this whole debt situation may cause them to start doing more quality control across the board, they sure do need it. 

I agree, WB the production studio really needed a change of leadership. They ruined or nearly ruined their most valuable franchises or the potential ones, if you think about it. Stephen King adaptations after IT, Lego Movie, Harry Potter, DC, Matrix, all of them were quickly burned to the ground in the past 4 or 5 years for creative reasons alone. Some executives didn't want to make Joker. They were against the very single decision that saved Black Adam from bombing this weekend. I'm not a fan of David Zaslav, but the shake up in the WB leadership was really needed (I'm talking about WB the studio, because I was actually a fan of Jason Kilar running WarnerMedia :ph34r:).

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Kicking Hamada out of WB entirely is such a stupid move.

All indications are that Hamada chose to leave on his own accord because he didn't feel respected by Zaslav's corporate moves...and they apparently had to struggle to even keep Hamada in the office until Black Adam's release... The trades have indicated that he refused a Producing deal.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1