Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Got to admit, not a fan of the idea of two different Batmen in two different universes releasing films concurrently, it feels like it could hamper both Reeves’ films and the new DCU Batman films as it’ll feel like less of an event when a new one comes out. I’d rather them just keep Batman separate until Reeves completes his trilogy, but I guess as long as Reeves is allowed to do his trilogy, that’s all that matters.

• Like 1

I watched the whole thing and wondered why Warner Bros hasn’t learnt a thing announcing so much in advance. 

I’m not even convinced HBO Max will exist in a couple of years, let alone have an Amanda Waller show on it! 

Just start your universe with one or two projects, see how they’re received - then maybe talk more about future projects. 

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

Gonna guess it’s gonna be,

green lantern

Wonder Woman 

Superman/supergirl

Some JL dark character 

some goofy character like booster gold

And Gunns Waller show.

we’ll see what else. 

Nailed it

6 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I watched the whole thing and wondered why Warner Bros hasn’t learnt a thing announcing so much in advance. 

I’m not even convinced HBO Max will exist in a couple of years, let alone have an Amanda Waller show on it! 

Just start your universe with one or two projects, see how they’re received - then maybe talk more about future projects. 

HBO Max won't exist in a couple of weeks. It's getting shutdown in Spring.

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I don’t understand why they feel they need to have some 10 year plan figured out before they even release their first movie. That’s not even what Marvel did. Marvel didn’t have IW and EG planned out when they were making the first Iron Man film. Hell, they didn’t even know that they would be building up to Thanos until after The Avengers already began production. That’s why they had a placeholder actor for Thanos in the mid-credits scene. It was a relatively late decision, so they didn’t have time to cast a big name.

Gunn and Safran’s plans seem way too ambitious for their own good, especially the part about how they want the same actors to play these characters across film, animation and video games. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Eric Crowe said:

this right here

Gunn promised, “People have become beholden to dates, to holding dates, to getting movies made no matter what. At the end of the day, I’m a writer at my heart, and we’re not going to be making movies before the screenplay is finished. And if that means our plan has to shift a little bit–it’s going to happen, we know it’s going to happen…we’re not going to be making movies and putting hundreds of millions of dollars in a film where a screenplay is only two-thirds of the way done and we have to finish it while we’re making the movie. I’ve seen it happen again and again, and it’s a mess. I think it’s the primary reason for the deterioration in the quality of films today versus 30 years ago.” Gunn mentioned how on Suicide Squad he did no reshoots, and on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 he did a day of picking up “and it’s because of having screenplays prepared before we shoot. I don’t want to get into this massive spending of hundreds of millions of dollars on reshoots.”

Is the type of shit I like to hear. Quality over quantity!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t understand why they feel they need to have some 10 year plan figured out before they even release their first movie. That’s not even what Marvel did. Marvel didn’t have IW and EG planned out when they were making the first Iron Man film. Hell, they didn’t even know that they would be building up to Thanos until after The Avengers already began production. That’s why they had a placeholder actor for Thanos in the mid-credits scene. It was a relatively late decision, so they didn’t have time to cast a big name.

Gunn and Safran’s plans seem way too ambitious for their own good, especially the part about how they want the same actors to play these characters across film, animation and video games. 

Marvel didn't have a 10 year plan in 2008 because they caught lightning in a bottle and then almost immediately fucked it up. Then Avengers became a smash hit for honestly wild reasons, and then they started planning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

It’s annoying to me that such a talented writer as Drew Goddard is continually working on projects in a uncredited role and isn’t being hired to make whatever he wants to make. I’m still sour that he never got to make a Marvel movie.

Edited by eddyxx

So two movies have actually been dated, a DCU movie and an Elseworlds.

Superman Legacy (July 11, 2025)

Batman 2 (October 3, 2025)

I wonder if DC will have their go-to dates like Marvel has chosen mid February (Presidents' Day weekend), early May, end of July and early November. Gunn did say he won't be beholden to dates so probably not. October seems to be the Elseworlds spot (Joker 2 also dated October 4, 2024) but otherwise we'll probably get an assortment of dates that are beholden to the script and not the other way around.

I am surprised they didn't schedule Superman Legacy for June though, just to separate a bit more from whatever Marvel has dated for July 25, 2025.