Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Wells at HE insists his sources say the film is not that good. he hasn't seen the film, but i gather he trusts these damn sources...

Sure, why not? Let's just completely ignore the reviews coming out and go with Wells's sources. Will everyone like the movie? Probably not, but insisting the movie isn't good while not having seen it like Wells hasn't and then ignoring the reviews is a weird tack to take for sure.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Sure, why not? Let's just completely ignore the reviews coming out and go with Wells's sources. Will everyone like the movie? Probably not, but insisting the movie isn't good while not having seen it like Wells hasn't and then ignoring the reviews is a weird tack to take for sure.

I'm just saying...he was right about the Mummy suckin. his sources were good then. let's wait and see..

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Think if Fox wants to see the Alien franchise revived, they should hire Denis or another Canadian film maker instead of Ridley!

Now that I think about it, all of these people who has some associations with a Ridley Scott Franchise like Cameron, Villeneuve and Blomkamp are all Canadians, what a weird coincidence. 

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I'm just saying...he was right about the Mummy suckin. his sources were good then. let's wait and see..

Havent you seen the Mummy's tomatometer? It's not like there was a big disconnect there. Right now the people who kept saying WB/Sony are hiding the movie and it won't be well reviewed are basically backtracking with this stuff. 

Its not like the reviews are lukewarm either, the average rating is in the 8s. Must be a weird suckitude for the movie.

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

I don't think most people need sources to know that The Mummy was gonna suck, lol.  The trailers were bad and it had visionary director Alex Kurtzman at the helm.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I don't think most people need sources to know that The Mummy was gonna suck, lol.  The trailers were bad and it had visionary director Alex Kurtzman at the helm.

lol that's true. don't forget passengers writer jon spaihts.

my take is that i hate all these damn "masterpiece" / 5 star reviews. they raise expectations and most often than not, people end up disappointed.

and i'm speaking as a villaneuve fangirl. ive loved everything hes done

Edited by Alli

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

lol that's true. don't forget passengers writer jon spaihts.

my take is that i hate all these damn "masterpiece" / 5 star reviews. they raise expectations and most often than not, people end up disappointed.

and i'm speaking as a villaneuve fangirl. ive loved everything hes done

So just assume they're overselling it; that way you won't have raised expectations. Can't help it if critics really love a movie.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aabattery said:

@Jason, it's been a while since I've seen the stats thing :ph34r:

It's been a while since you've summoned me. :P

I don't mind doing it (quite the opposite), I just haven't been paying close enough attention for the past few months to be doing it without a reminder.

I'm not sure how many final reviews we should expect for this one? Don't have a recent sequel to compare to.

• Thanks 1