baumer

Full Weekend estimates pg 17

Great to see Argo at number one but I still question whether it can reach 100 million. People that are saying that the Oscars will bring it back fail to realise that it will be out on DVD by then.

100m won't be a problem. Will require 35% weekly drops after this week to get there.I say 110-120m.
  • Like 2

Surprised to see PA4 have such a drop. Halloween is basically this entire weekend this year, so I would've thought a 40-45% drop would be in store.

Impossible. It's going to drop the exact same that the last one did. These films are incredibly front loaded. A sub 50% drop would have been more surprising than Half Blood Prince winning best picture.

WB will break even on their 20m investment and the Wachowskis will get their money back overseas. I think the reason WB put it on the 26th in the first place was because they knew it wouldn't be a hit. At least Argo is still running away with all the money. The PA franchise is imploding.

Edited by Gopher

Impossible. It's going to drop the exact same that the last one did. These films are incredibly front loaded. A sub 50% drop would have been more surprising than Half Blood Prince winning best picture.

A 29mil opening made me think this one wouldn't be as frontloaded.