Neo

Justice League Dark | HBO Max | Series by Bad Robot

4 hours ago, cax16 said:

They said Andy Muschietti is on the list as a replacement. Seems like the studio wants this replaced quickly. 

I think it's WAY too soon for Justice League Dark. I never felt like Justice League Dark was actually something Geoff Johns was pushing forward, more like WB execs. The first thing they need to do is get a mystical team going within DC Comics, Justice League Dark is corny as hell and Dark Universe is taken. I think they should just go with Hellblazers and make a team around John Constantine. Hellblazers sounds edgy but at least it has a history with the character. I'd love to see Keanu Reeves getting back as Constantine, so maybe a Constatine sequel before going with that. 

On 5/23/2017 at 10:12 PM, iJackSparrow said:

I think it's WAY too soon for Justice League Dark. I never felt like Justice League Dark was actually something Geoff Johns was pushing forward, more like WB execs. The first thing they need to do is get a mystical team going within DC Comics, Justice League Dark is corny as hell and Dark Universe is taken. I think they should just go with Hellblazers and make a team around John Constantine. Hellblazers sounds edgy but at least it has a history with the character. I'd love to see Keanu Reeves getting back as Constantine, so maybe a Constatine sequel before going with that. 

They're not going to call a film Hellblazers.

• Like 2

But the name Dark Universe could prove problematic for Universal. Warner Bros. already has plans for the title with a supernatural-themed Justice League movie and a series of announced comic books branded under the Dark Universe banner. Warners is mulling legal action, according to a studio source.

The question remains which came first? Universal's Dark Universe or WB's Dark Universe / JL Dark?

Universal would have probably call it Monsterverse but since WB Kaiju films took the name they went with Dark Universe. I doubt anything will happen since WB is naming a film while Universal is just using the name for their universe. 

I like this concept (Deadman, Zatanna, Constantine, Black Orchid, and Etrigan is my favorite lineup), but they should wait until Justice league proper is firmly established as a movie property before veering off into JL offshoots...

• Like 1

I'm really excited for this movie, I loved swamp thing when I was a kid. I hope this is as far along as they say. I know after Liman left they were talking about replacing him quickly. I think we'll know a lot more in a few weeks when it's SDCC.

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I'm really excited for this movie, I loved swamp thing when I was a kid. I hope this is as far along as they say. I know after Liman left they were talking about replacing him quickly. I think we'll know a lot more in a few weeks when it's SDCC.

I want to see Zatanna and Etrigan in live action form. Swamp Thing would be very cool in see realised in CGI

Just now, Jonwo said:

I want to see Zatanna and Etrigan in live action form. Swamp Thing would be very cool in see realised in CGI

Ya, I mean I'm excited to see them all to be honest. I think WB is pushing this cause they have a chance to make something very unique. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Ya, I mean I'm excited to see them all to be honest. I think WB is pushing this cause they have a chance to make something very unique. 

It doesn't need to be R rated but I think it would enhance the horror aspect if it was and it could easily be self contained with only a fleeting reference to the wider DCEU. 

Deadman would be cool to see as well and he's rumoured to be part of the line up. He could done either by make up with minimal CGI or a completely CG character like Dr Manhattan in Watchmen although I'd prefer the former.

• Like 1