A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

2 minutes ago, LeoC said:

Great performance. I know it might not meet some of your expectations, but good enough for me.

We were just over hyped, think most of us are good now and looking with a more reasonable view at this movie and it’s weekend.

55 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

How much of Sat usually pre-sells for big openers or CBMs?  Saturday is currently at Y196.65m 

51 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

@POTUS would know

I believe normal release see 4-5x multi on Saturday, with bigger releases more like 3-4x. However, just like Friday, we may see a new low for this film. It's probably 3x max, and 2.5x min. 

So probable range of ¥500-600m tomorrow

usually the PS multi is 25-33% bigger on sat. eg 3x on OD then 4x on sat or 4x OD then 5x Sat.   FF8 was just 20%

PS are going to an unusual 15% higher than OD at 210m. todays PSm was 2.15, all time HLWD low

Were in uncharted territory again, so anything can happen. I assume a 30-40% bump with a typical PS multi expansion or its 20%, 475-550m tomorrow

I will beat FF8 in yuan and clear $213m if it bumps big

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

32 minutes ago, jiangsen said:

Omg it’s behind fate of the furious. Things aren’t going like y’all said  :ohmyzod:

i knew that you guys were overestimating it. I’m kinda mad cause everyone got my hopes up and now my dream of 2B is shattered. 

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Omg it’s behind fate of the furious. Things aren’t going like y’all said  :ohmyzod:

i knew that you guys were overestimating it. I’m kinda mad cause everyone got my hopes up and now my dream of 2B is shattered. 

itll pass FF8 with a huge bump tomorrow

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

200M ain’t happening! :hahaha:

I don’t know if 200 million is happening or not but I will never give even a glimpse at the Chinese presales thread. I mean just remembering what I was reading there a few days (or even hours) ago....damn:sparta:

• Like 1