A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

20 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

What's wrong with  The Last Knight grosses? They are just the same as were presales. Nothing added since early morning.

Maoyan bugs, it's at 356k on official APP

27 minutes ago, Olive said:

Official news, AEG will end its run on May 23rd, Disney asked for an extension, but not permitted by Film Bureau.

So does this mean we can all blame Trump if it ends it's WW run 10 million away from Avatar? :D

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

49 minutes ago, Olive said:

Official news, AEG will end its run on May 23rd, Disney asked for an extension, but not permitted by Film Bureau.

That is bad news, but still manageable. So basically ends it’s run with $628m if POTUS projections are correct. 

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Nope. 

Will be lucky to hit 1 billion except with the help of inflation, market growth, etc. 

its more than 2 years away and we have not seen the movie and who else is there. A hyped Batman movie has huge potential. if it has Planet of the Apes level reviews with a big Villian like Riddler god know how high it can go. I dont think Twilight fans saw batman previously.

@baumer do you remember PotatoPassage from BOM days. I remember she was the 1st true twilight fan and if I am not wrong predicted twilight will do bonkers. But she was right the next year when she predicted 300m for New Moon. her thread in KJ http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44047&p=1260746#p1260746

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its more than 2 years away and we have not seen the movie and who else is there. A hyped Batman movie has huge potential. if it has Planet of the Apes level reviews with a big Villian like Riddler god know how high it can go. I dont think Twilight fans saw batman previously.

@baumer do you remember PotatoPassage from BOM days. I remember she was the 1st true twilight fan and if I am not wrong predicted twilight will do bonkers. But she was right the next year when she predicted 300m for New Moon. her thread in KJ http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44047&p=1260746#p1260746

Im sorry but its delusional to think a batman solo movie is going to do 2 billion. 

Only the most hyped movies ever have hit that number and you guys think this new Batman movie will do as well as Infinity War? It’s laughable to even consider the possibility. 

Even the most hyped as fuck Nolan movies barely managed a billion. Even a superman and batman team up or the first ever appearance of Justice League couldn't cross a billion. But this will do 2 billion? Why? Because the dude from Twilight is in this? Or are we seeing Batman after like 2 decades or something? Or is DCEU suddenly peak cinema in everyones mind?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Im sorry but its delusional to think a batman solo movie is going to do 2 billion. 

Only the most hyped movies ever have hit that number and you guys think this new Batman movie will do as well as Infinity War? It’s laughable to even consider the possibility. 

Even the most hyped as fuck Nolan movies barely managed a billion. Even a superman and batman team up or the first ever appearance of Justice League couldn't cross a billion. But this will do 2 billion? Why? Because the dude from Twilight is in this? Or are we seeing Batman after like 2 decades or something? Or is DCEU suddenly peak cinema in everyones mind?

seem like avengers making 2 films over $2Bww in the span of 1 year makes people think $2B is easy to achieve

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, GOXOG said:

seem like avengers making 2 films over $2Bww in the span of 1 year makes people think $2B is easy to achieve

I think especially the time that Endgame took to make it makes it look a lot smaller than it is. Avatar may or may not end up with a higher gross, but I think Endgame made 2B look smaller out of the two by doing it in 11 days. I think Endgame's time to 2B will be its longest standing record.

• Like 4