Friday 70-80 mill

Saturday 140-160 mill

Sunday 110-130 mill

Low 320 (46mill)

High 370 (54mill)

My best guess is a drop around 47-50% from last weekend

On 12/13/2018 at 1:37 PM, POTUS said:

Its going to have a tighter hold today at 55m -11%

That'll make 80m an easier feat tomorrow. It could bump over 100% on Saturday with shows increasing  from 40% Friday to 48%

I'll see your high end and raise you 8m:poker:

F     80m

S   168m

S   130m   

T   378m/$55m

🕵️♂️🎯

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manny G said:

What’s up with this ridiculous obsession about beating Venom? The movie is pulling extraordinary numbers. I mean 3 weeks  ago the discussion was  it is going to make more than $120M total, now the discussion is how far beyond $250M will it go. You’re  acting like a spoiled brats.

Because people have unrealistic expectations for all DC films. It's why supposedly all DC films have to gross a billion but there is no such expectation for any other comic book franchise. Aquaman is doing great in China but it's disappointing because it isn't going to beat every import ever. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Because people have unrealistic expectations for all DC films. It's why supposedly all DC films have to gross a billion but there is no such expectation for any other comic book franchise. Aquaman is doing great in China but it's disappointing because it isn't going to beat every import ever. 

No, we are comparing it with venom, because that's the closest comp. People didn't have high expectations with Aquaman. $100m was the common prediction. I know you DC fans love to be victims but you are not.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 hours ago, Premium George said:

No, we are comparing it with venom, because that's the closest comp. People didn't have high expectations with Aquaman. $100m was the common prediction. I know you DC fans love to be victims but you are not.

I'm not a victim, stop being silly. I don't defend the bad quality of most DC films, which is why some Snyder fans hate me, but I'm not going to lie. How some people judge the box office of these films is weird. I routinely read that Suicide Squad flopped because it didn't make a billion. It's a bad movie but it in no way flopped at the box office. 

40 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm not a victim, stop being silly. I don't defend the bad quality of most DC films, which is why some Snyder fans hate me, but I'm not going to lie. How some people judge the box office of these films is weird. I routinely read that Suicide Squad flopped because it didn't make a billion. It's a bad movie but it in no way flopped at the box office. 

That has nothing to do with Aquaman getting compared with venom. But I understand.

Edited by Premium George

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

That has nothing to do with Aquaman getting compared with venom. But I understand.

Aquaman does not have to beat Venom to be a major success in China. Aquaman has already made far more than in China than anyone predicted. Moving the goal post is silly. 

42 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Aquaman does not have to beat Venom to be a major success in China. Aquaman has already made far more than in China than anyone predicted. Moving the goal post is silly. 

Again, we are comparing Aquaman with venom 'cos it's the closest comp. Also say it with me, this statement, "I hope AM does more than Venom" is not same as "If it does less than it's a failure." 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems to me that Aquaman is holding really well today. 140 mil possible today?

Yesterday it had 74.4m at 3pm

Today its at 76.6m at 4pm, keeping in mind that it's sunday and the evening is not as strong I think 140m might be a bit optimistic.

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

2 hours ago, Premium George said:

Again, we are comparing Aquaman with venom 'cos it's the closest comp. Also say it with me, this statement, "I hope AM does more than Venom" is not same as "If it does less than it's a failure." 

aehm here is one (or two?) posters whose wording sound to me like he/she thinks exactly in that way. And what might have started some of the reactions

How strong to weight certain wordings can be a cultural thing, so maybe the original posts meant it in another way, but to me it sounded very dramatic / over the top (~ failure post)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

aehm here is one (or two?) posters whose wording sound to me like he/she thinks exactly in that way. And what might have started some of the reactions

How strong to weight certain wordings can be a cultural thing, so maybe the original posts meant it in another way, but to me it sounded very dramatic / over the top (~ failure post)

You can safely ignore Dman7 posts. He is a mcu loonie. Everyone else wants this to do good. Zakiyyah is not wrong that Suicide squad was called flop by multiple posters, but I don't see anything such with Jason.

6 minutes ago, Premium George said:

You can safely ignore Dman7 posts. He is a mcu loonie. Everyone else wants this to do good. Zakiyyah is not wrong that Suicide squad was called flop by multiple posters, but I don't see anything such with Jason.

it was not Dman7, way more like described. I have not even a feeling how Dman7 wrote, as in it didn't make me crinch enough to make me remember it.

Its not about to want it to do good its about how to interpret the dailies and how to react to that (it is a DC or Aquaman fan I guess. At least before watching it).

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

Yesterday it had 74.4m at 3pm

Today its at 76.6m at 4pm, keeping in mind that it's sunday and the evening is not as strong I think 140m might be a bit optimistic.

Looks like 125-130m.  Good hold, it must be skewing younger. It could drop 70% tomorrow but still stay ahead of Vm dailys and gain ground.

key hold will be tues, looking for -10%, and Friday could be +20 to +50%, depends on show count

I will update chart after I see today's estimate and PS for tomorrow

As per earlier posts.  We are comparing to Vm because the final total will be close. Some will want Aq to beat it, others will want it to fall short, no different then sports teams.

I realized that if you refresh a page after a post, it posts again. Make sure comment box is clear

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

125-130 Sunday will give it ~375 weekend, 42-43% drop from it's huge ow. Goes over MI6's China total I think in 10-days flat. RPO will fall next week. SHould at least beat JW2 in the end if not Venom.

Edited by a2k

Also something to keep in mind is that there were people who called IW flops or not impressive so I don't think it's only DC movies (although they have it worse) who get this treatment. There will always be people who don't like a movie/name/brand and find ways to make it seem bad. Because you remember that 1.4B avengers flop? ;) 

• Thanks 1

Second weekend Holds for top opening titles($90M-plus on opening weekend)

Monster Hunt 2, -83%
Resident Evil 6, -82%
TF5, -76%
Infinity War, -73%
Furious 8, -72%
Civil War, -67%
Jurassic World 2, -70%
Lost in HK, -60%
The Mermaid, -55%
Dying to Survive, -54%
Venom, -54%
Mojin, -53%