A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Can it beat IW’s OW in USD? 

At current rates $257.7m = ¥1738m.

At about ¥1300 at 6:30pm, it would need to average over ¥100m per hours for the next 4 hours. There's nothing to indicate that at the moment. It could pull really strong evening numbers, but I don't think it's likely at the moment. 

TFA's weekend though is achievable though: $248m = ¥1672m.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

At current rates $257.7m = ¥1738m.

At about ¥1300 at 6:30pm, it would need to average over ¥100m per hours for the next 4 hours. There's nothing to indicate that at the moment. It could pull really strong evening numbers, but I don't think it's likely at the moment. 

TFA's weekend though is achievable though: $248m = ¥1672m.

Said that Chinese box office includes ticketing cost, so need ¥1800m to beat TFA.

6 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Maoyan scores for the Daily Top 5.

Crazy Alien- 8.8

Pegasus- 9.1

The New King of Comedy- 8.7

The Wandering Earth- 9.2

Boonie Bears 6- 9.2

Just over 6.5 hours later scores are starting to drop as expected for most films with incredible feat of TWE increasing.

Crazy Alien - 8.7

Pegasus - 9.0

New King of Comedy - 8.6

The Wandering Earth - 9.4

Boonie Bears 6 - 9.2

Others:

Knight of Shadows - 8.3

Peppa Pig - 5.8 (LOL)

Integrity - 7.3

Also to note that TWE is up to 8.5 on Douban with 46.8% 5-star (up from last night)

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

I have seen claims saying that the increase in total box office for the day is entirely due to ticket price hike from last year, while the actual admission hasn't increased, is there any legitimacy to that?

If that's the case, we're definitely reaching the end of rapid growth for Chinese market, still impressive performance though.

Edited by NCsoft

The Wandering Earth seems all set to take the CNY period box office crown? That's encouraging news for sure.

So if the 4.5B Yuan projection holds true, we'll see TWE at the top of 2019 global chart for a bit of time, until maybe Cap Marvel comes along and knocks it off, or if Alita does extremely well. Gonna be exciting!

Edited by NCsoft

1 hour ago, POTUS said:

Crazy Aliens BO will be 110% higher than TWE today.  

CA's PS tomorrow is just 40% higher than TWE, Thursdays is 30% higher.

TWE could cross by Friday

Thursday.

Maoyan has upped TWE's total to 4.55B

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

20 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I have seen claims saying that the increase in total box office for the day is entirely due to ticket price hike from last year, while the actual admission hasn't increased, is there any legitimacy to that?

If that's the case, we're definitely reaching the end of rapid growth for Chinese market, still impressive performance though.

Based on 电影票房weibo account, as of 21:11, the attendance is 3 million fewer than last year. Seems like the price increase is most pronounced in lower tier cities.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

rapid BO annual growth ended in 2016.  Theater expansion and CNY totals continued to increase big though. I could see a lot less screens built next year which has been averaging 25%+ added per year

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sgchn40 said:

Based on 电影票房weibo account, as of 21:11, the attendance is 3 million fewer than last year. Seems like the price increase is most pronounced in lower tier cities.

dailay adm maybe slightly lower than last year, by my calculation 0.5M less

• Thanks 1

Title - daily gross - Maoyan+Taopiaopiao+Douban

Crazy Alien - ¥413M / $61.3M     8.6    8.5    6.7

Pegasus - ¥320M / $47.5M     9    8.8    7.2

The New King of Comedy - ¥271M / $40.2M     8.5    8.1    6.2

The Wandering Earth - ¥191M / $28.3M     9.4    9.3    8.4

Boonie Bears:Blast Into The Past - ¥74.5M / $11.0M     9.2    8.9    6.5

The Knight of Shadows - ¥67.5M / $10.0M     8.2    7.6    4.3

Peppa Celebrates Chinese New Year - ¥58.4M / $8.7M     5.7    7.4    4.9

Integrity - ¥57.0M / $8.5M     7.2    7.3    5.7

• Like 4