A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

https://twitter.com/ChinaBoxOffice/status/949298772919685121

THE LAST JEDI earned just ¥62M ($9.5M) on opening day including midnights, well below both The Force Awakens (¥212M) and Rogue One (¥72M). Word of mouth is dismal and worse than the previous films and The Last Jedi could fail to reach even $40M total.

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm sorry man, TFA left a real sour taste in my mouth. It is opinions of course, sws fans are fine by me.

Thats fine, everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. Projecting the personal opinion to other people (or even worse, the majority of filmgoers) just doesnt work though. I dont necessarily mean you with that, its just an observation.

2 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

THE LAST JEDI earned just ¥62M ($9.5M) on opening day including midnights, well below both The Force Awakens (¥212M) and Rogue One (¥72M). Word of mouth is dismal and worse than the previous films and The Last Jedi could fail to reach even $40M total.

My 30M prediction still looks good.

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

It's looking quite likely at this point that it may be one of those real China failures that doesn't even increase on Saturday!

The UK OW of TLJ (37M US-Dollar) will probably be highter than TLJ's Chinas run. Maybe Disney just shoudnt release future SW movies in China. Its not really worth it at this point.

And films like IT or Suicide Squad prove anyway that you can be extremely succesfull without Chinas help. TLJ will gross 1,2B-1,3B Worldwide without China. Hardly something to cry about imo.

5 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

It's looking quite likely at this point that it may be one of those real China failures that doesn't even increase on Saturday!

Agree, that would be an awful disaster....but i doubt that will happen as even BvS was managed to increase from opening friday

23 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

:hahaha:

But, but it has Oscar Isaac! This can't be true! #Fakenews

:P

• Haha 1