A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It would have to an universal appeal, perhaps a story grounded by human emotions... perhaps the main theme could be something like family.

Visually lets make ot a spectacle, so much so it takes everyones breath away.

Add in some action for the lads and a bit of romance for the gals.

We'll have ourselves a winner.

Can't think if any films that will do this though...

Was not expecting you were going with a Fast and Furious reference all this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

22 hours ago, fmpro said:

Could Amazing China become a problem for Panther and Tombraider this weekend.. PS and WOM looks great in the coming days

Today Amazing China made about 16 million. It increased by only about 2-3 million over its presale which was 13-14 for today. I have never seen a movie so pre sales driven

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Today Amazing China made about 16 million. It increased by only about 2-3 million over its presale which was 13-14 for today. I have never seen a movie so pre sales driven

This is actually quite common for propaganda films like The Founding Series, Hundred Regiments Offensive. Government bulk buys tons of tickets and requires work units to see the films. Very few walk-ups. 

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Tuesday Estimate:

Black Panther - 29.5m (-17%)

Total - 487 or 77m USD

PS for tomorrow at 4.03. I think we will see another similar fall tomorrow as today

Do you think it will still make 100M there?

7 minutes ago, YLF said:

I think it will although it will depend on how hard it falls this weekend. If it falls around 80% then it will have made about 94-95 million or so by the end of the weekend. From then on it should have enough in the tank to make about 5 million more atleast to get to 100 million. 

It all depends on the drop this weekend. If it drops more than 80% say 85-90% then 100 million would be difficult

12 hours ago, YLF said:

12 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I think it will although it will depend on how hard it falls this weekend. If it falls around 80% then it will have made about 94-95 million or so by the end of the weekend. From then on it should have enough in the tank to make about 5 million more atleast to get to 100 million. 

It all depends on the drop this weekend. If it drops more than 80% say 85-90% then 100 million would be difficult

competition isnt overwhelming.  shouldnt drop much more than 80% this weekend

511m at end of today

20m th

20m fr

38m sa

29m su

617m Tot

31m M-Th

648m Tot $102m  maybe just $2m more with PR2 opening

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

no fucking kidding. This is what Fox did.

[mod edit] NSFW

Hide contents

DYQdjcnVAAAKa9n.jpg

Is that bad? I mean isn't that what a studio is supposed to do when a country has strict guidelines as to what movies can get to released? 

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:lol:

I wonder how they handle the

Hide contents

bathtub masturbation

scene

removed...

Most violent & bloody scenes of Logan were removed from the movie or replaced by new stuffs last year. Most bloody & Alien footage were removed from Alien: Covenant. Fox already did the same thing on Deadpool 2...

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

for most Muslim countries if I’m right.

Yes. Although I believe the first Deadpool got released in various Muslim countries but I'm too lazy to go check. But yea I'd assume a studio would edit things in order to make it more likely that it'll get released in certain countries 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yes. Although I believe the first Deadpool got released in various Muslim countries but I'm too lazy to go check. But yea I'd assume a studio would edit things in order to make it more likely that it'll get released in certain countries 

Even if Deadpool 2 can open in here, I’m still wondering if it can make $100M like other CBM. I think it could be little difficult for general audience to understand those jokes about other comic book movies. And China don’t allow studios & local dubbing workers to translate those dirty jokes…It will hurt WOM.