China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

45 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thursday Estimates

Tomb Raider - 20.32 (-17.3%)

Total - $57.6m USD

Will lose about half of its screen tomorrow and PS is at 2m

Black Panther - 5.58 ($0.88)

Total - $100m USD

Finally crosses 100m. Will also lose about half of its screen tomorrow. Maybe will make 3 million or so more from this point

Pacific Rim 2 - 8.88 ($1.4m)

PS for tomorrow at 45 million. Its rating at the start is 7.7 which is very low and not a very good sign of its legs. 

still thinking $70-$75 for TR ?

10 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Chinese audience hated him in TLJ, so it could be the reason why.

Doubtful. Most of the lower ratings on Maoyan are complaining about the plot, the fighting style of the mechs, and how it’s not as good as the first movie. 

13 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Chinese audience hated him in TLJ, so it could be the reason why.

Did Chinese audience saw TLJ ? It sold what around 7m tickets in China (how many moivies goers is there in that market, close to 200M now  ?)

I imagine the cross over potential audience is big here (English-action Fantasy type of movie), but still was Last Jedi big enough to have a relevant impact on anyone involved ?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, intenso said:

still thinking $70-$75 for TR ?

It made pretty much the same as BP did on its 7th day (Thursday). Although its PS for tomorrow is about 30% less than what BP had for its second Friday it should still make a similar amount this weekend that BP did ($12m) which would bring it close to $70m. 

BP is gonna make about $7m more after its second weekend. TR should do the same or better. I think it could get to $80m, maybe even more if PR2 flops. Lets see how the weekend goes first

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It made pretty much the same as BP did on its 7th day (Thursday). Although its PS for tomorrow is about 30% less than what BP had for its second Friday it should still make a similar amount this weekend that BP did ($12m) which would bring it close to $70m. 

BP is gonna make about $7m more after its second weekend. TR should do the same or better. I think it could get to $80m, maybe ever more if PR2 flops. Lets see how the weekend goes

That would be tomberiffic

chocolate.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

BP is gonna make about $7m more after its second weekend. TR should do the same or better. I think it could get to $80m, maybe even more if PR2 flops. Lets see how the weekend goes first

:ohmygod:80 or more that would be fantastic. with China numbers from thursday and Domestic wednesday its sitting on about 150 million WW minus all the other countries which last update was sunday 18th.

Edited by intenso

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

A lot fewer American films will get a China release after Trump started a trade war with China. US movies are an easy target for retailiation.

Yeah I was about to post that. But I think the trade war will go on a long road before hitting entertainment products. China will target agriculture products first because farmers are big Trump supporters and hurting them will do the best job of hurting Trump. Hollywood isn't really fond of Trump in the first place, so hurting Hollywood doesn't really do much.

Edited by vc2002