A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 hour ago, Tree Was Never Really Here said:

Thoughts on Annihilation? That releases this weekend right? Is it gonna make any money or just disappear into nothingness with just a couple mill $?

Maybe 20-25 mill $ total unless it hits 9++ rating

7 hours ago, POTUS said:

PR2 at 627m today. It will crawl over 630m/$100m this weekend and finish at 636m/$101m

well, I'm pissed. They are now going to brag about it as if it's achievement even though it's actually a disaster for that shit movie since they expected 300M in China. Holidays saved its face with that crawl over 100M. But the next one will drop even worse than TLJ. 

I'm glad that RPO humiliated PRU. Humiliated. Suck dick PRU! 

Edited by Valonqar

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

well, I'm pissed. They are now going to brag about it as if it's achievement even though it's actually a disaster for that shit movie since they expected 300M in China. Holidays saved its face with that crawl over 100M. But the next one will drop even worse than TLJ. 

743pv7l.jpg

20 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

743pv7l.jpg

It does! :lol: I think it managed to jinx PRU in China. I so wanted it to flop everywhere but especially there. So crawling over 100M should be considered a success for my revenge against this shit cause it didn't make 200-300M like it planned. MUahahahhahaha! :hahaha:

Edited by Valonqar

44 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

There wont be a next one unless a reboot happens in the future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Be careful, Boyega could use his salary from starring in Star Wars Episode 9 to buy a role in Ready Player Two :hahaha:

• ...wtf 1

So Donnie Yen has officially taken up the commander role in Mulan. http://deadline.com/2018/04/donnie-yen-mulan-disney-live-action-film-1202362542/

From my understanding, Disney's executives have been very impressed by him in Rogue One, and many of them watched his Ip Man movies before casting him in Rogue One.

They created this role specifically for him and it is said they contacted him for this role even earlier than confirming Liu Yifei for mulan. But Donnie was not keen. 

The producers and director went to China to have a site visit but i heard it was to really speak to Yen and show their sincerity. Guess this time it worked!

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, fmpro said:

Small drop again for RPO. Around 21,5 mill

Takes the cume to ~$178.3m. 

$10-15 3rd weekend and $15-20 more after the weekend gives $25-$35 more after Thursday for $203-213+ total.

Does that sound right?

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Takes the cume to ~$178.3m.

$10-15 3rd weekend and $15-20 more after the weekend gives $25-$35 more after Thursday for $203-213+ total.

Does that sound right?

We will know more tomorrow when friday number comes in. But it could be almost dead next friday when IOD and a bunch of local movies opens..

But around 205 total +/- 3 mill is a good estimate for now. I doubt it will hit 210-213 mill

• Like 1