A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Wow. I have no words. Would you want someone to say "I hope no one watches Avatar sequels anymore"?

They would have very different taste to me but I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. I'm tired of the MCU! We're 22 films in now and I've had enough.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

They would have very different taste to me but I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. I'm tired of the MCU! We're 22 films in now and I've had enough.

No one's forcing you to watch though. Just ignore it like many others do. Why would you force yourself to watch something that you're tired of? Others (like me) are really excited for the MCU X-Men and F4 movies and the upcoming Eternals and Shang-chi.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It’s only 44 hours long or so. GoT will be ~70 when it ends. The West Wing is over 150. At 6-8 hours added a year it’ll take us another 16-18 years or so to get there 😈

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

No one's forcing you to watch though. Just ignore it like many others do. Why would you force yourself to watch something that you're tired of? Others (like me) are really excited for the MCU X-Men and F4 movies and the upcoming Eternals and Shang-chi.

Hey maybe I'm being selfish but I would prefer other films to be made. I would like to see X-Men too! I really don't like the formulaic approach Marvel take though, their films are just not good. If they MCU can re-invent themselves by letting visionaries take the helm and do something to make an incredible blockbuster of course I'm game. However I don't see that ever happening so I would rather other films be made.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s only 44 hours long or so. GoT will be ~70 when it ends. The West Wing is over 150. At 6-8 hours added a year it’ll take us another 16-18 years or so to get there 😈

The whole of The Simpsons is over 240 hours...

Although there's an anime in Japan called Sazae-san which has over 2500 hours... 

USA is nowhere near!

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hey maybe I'm being selfish but I would prefer other films to be made. I would like to see X-Men too! I really don't like the formulaic approach Marvel take though, their films are just not good. If they MCU can re-invent themselves by letting visionaries take the helm and do something to make an incredible blockbuster of course I'm game. However I don't see that ever happening so I would rather other films be made.

Lol. An MCU movie was just nominated for Best Picture. And I think the term "visionary" applies to Ryan Coogler. And I have high expectations from Chloe Zhao. But this is the China BO thread. I don't think it's appropriate to discuss this here.

• Like 4