A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

7 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

Barely going to get 73 today and tomorrow dont going to reach 60.

And all this with no competition. 

If no for the OW this movie is a flop 

yeah shame its not like many mcu movie do that in china 

Edited by john2000

72.2 (+82.3%)

50.5 (-30%)

= 162.3 (72-73% drop)

Did not expect that strong Fri. Was certain of under $145 finish after Tue and Wed drops. Now think $155-160 is on cards. Still not very good legs but after a huge ow acceptable.

160 would be 1.8x off a holiday opening. Not going to bring expectations back up to there yet, but if it happens I'll be satisfied enough with the legs (PS:OW still pretty low, but perhaps should have been expected given the circumstances).

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Xiaoshu said:

More Than Blue up 100%+

IMO, this is the story of the weekend. It is nearly doubling presales of CM for Sunday. On Thursday, Maoyan was projecting for it a bit more than 100m Yuan. Right now it is already targeting 782m....

Don't remember seeing it commented on the forum (I might have missed it too), but as well as it's been mentioned that TLK had good buzz in China and it could even make some $300-400M ... what's with Aladdin there, mainly given the well received last trailer? Any "very early" predictions for Aladdin in China? The trailer seems to have an indian-look-touch, and Chinese are kind of into indian movies? Could that help for a good bo run?

2 hours ago, firedeep said:

Aladdin wont do well as it seems a very bad movie.

That was my impression when I first saw the genie. But I changed my mind when I saw the new trailer. I thought that wow, the movie might actually be decent. A Whole New World always gets me.

• Like 1

More than Blue finally getting the amount of showtimes it deserved, with just circa 5% more showtimes, it is getting 2x CM's box office today.

For a low budget Taiwanese romance movie, it is really breaking all expectations. Wow.

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Was very surprised to find More than Blue at 8.6 Maoyan. Can someone with more expertise explain why it’s having a (mini) breakout anyway?

It is a very targeted movie. It’s a sad love story targeted at young females. Some people really love it and some just hate it. That’s why it only gets a 8.6 on Maoyan. But as long as those targeted audience love it and spread the WoM, it can have a breakout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1