Inglourious Basterds

41 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Inglourious Basterds

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

God, I love Tarantino!Yes, I'm biased. I own every one of his films, including True Romance, and I genuinely love each one of them. Tarantino knows how to execute excess. He's ballsy, uncompromising, and he almost always pushes it as far as you want and, for a closet gore-hound like me, it's incredibly entertaining. And when that excessive violence is sprinkled with great performances, a great concept, and intelligent dialogue... it can only be Tarantino.

Oh God, what an astounding film. An incredible script that easily ranks the best of its year, and the powerhouse performances from Waltz and Laurent (who was shamefully snubbed) were an immense delight. Great cinematography, too. One of my favorite films ever.A+

I think this was the first Tarantino move Id ever seen. I can go on and on about this film. The opening scene is spectacular. From that first moment one screen, Waltz let's you know you're in for a treat with him. The acting is all around great. I can watch this over and over and not get tired of it. The screenplay is phenomenal, and blends the drama with comedy very well.A

the fact that Waltz is actually liked as a Nazi even as evil as his character appears should tell you all you need to know about this one

That's the thing, he isn't a "Nazi." At the end of the film he is offended by being called "The Jew Hunter" because of the ideological conontation it carries. His response "A detective. A damn good dectective. Finding people is my specialty so naturally I work for the Nazis finding people, and yes some of them were Jews. But 'Jew Hunter'?" says it all. He doesn't care about ideology or anything "Nazi." He just does his job and does it as best he can. Of course, in a way it makes him even more reprehensible than if he was a Nazi because he's essentially amoral about the whole thing.

That's the thing, he isn't a "Nazi." At the end of the film he is offended by being called "The Jew Hunter" because of the ideological conontation it carries. His response "A detective. A damn good dectective. Finding people is my specialty so naturally I work for the Nazis finding people, and yes some of them were Jews. But 'Jew Hunter'?" says it all. He doesn't care about ideology or anything "Nazi." He just does his job and does it as best he can. Of course, in a way it makes him even more reprehensible than if he was a Nazi because he's essentially amoral about the whole thing.

lol wtf, that wasn't really the point. the point was he was in perfect balance of comedy and evil

Does Marcel get out? Also do the Americans in the theater know that it's Shosanna's plan? Do they even know her? Does she know them or Hammersmark?

In the original script it makes it clear that Marcel stays in the theater to die.Coolio answered the others.