#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

Really, with an OD of 66m. That would mean massive frontloadedness on OD, why should it be backloaded, when it posts the most frontloaded OD of the whole series?It's not doing 135m with that number, not even 130m, just no way.But there's still evening shows, so...

How are they getting 135 from a 65 Friday ? Someone enlighten me.

Because it's still Friday night. The 7pm shows on the west coast just started and a lot of showtimes on the east coast haven't played yet. It's just one big guessing game until tomorrow morning.

How is it performing compared to Part 1?

I stopped tracking Part 1 at ~8PM, but at that time it was about 35% ahead in the same theaters.It's just one area, but the late business here would suggest high 40s for Friday, which would mean an OD in the high 70s. I'd really wait till tomorrow morning before taking any figure conclusively. The late evening updates for THG were saying ~80M OD, and for TA we were seeing a ~65M figure being thrown around as well. Edited by spizzer

Because it's still Friday night. The 7pm shows on the west coast just started and a lot of showtimes on the east coast haven't played yet. It's just one big guessing game until tomorrow morning.

Yes, but one would think they'd take that into consideration with their Friday guesses. If they did do so and still expect 66m, the math doesn't hold up.

But it's true that we can't really tell anything without the full day's #'s

Yay Skyfall and Lincoln are doing well.I figured from the 10PM/midnight number that it would come up short of BD1's OD. Odd time for franchise fatigue to set it...

Further, IF the Friday does indeed come out around 65M, then the 10PM/Midnight number HAS to be considered underwhelming, if not a flat out disappointment. Anything else is just spinning IMO
  • Like 1

Further, IF the Friday does indeed come out around 65M, then the 10PM/Midnight number HAS to be considered underwhelming, if not a flat out disappointment. Anything else is just spinning IMO

The only thing that would make any sense as a reason for the film "flopping" is the breakup.Why else would people who have stuck out the franchise give up now with a highly regarded (for Twilight films) finale?

The only thing that would make any sense as a reason for the film "flopping" is the breakup.Why else would people who have stuck out the franchise give up now with a highly regarded (for Twilight films) finale?

I've seen that mentioned several times. I'm confused as to why that would have any negative impact. If anything, its free publicity; wouldn't that in fact help?