tommycruise

Angry Birds | May 20, 2016 | Best reviewed video game adaptation ever

11 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

All I'm gonna say is this: the first two reviews for Cars 2 were raves. Those reviews were from Variety and THR.

I'm just saying

But this is a good start. A surprising start.

But Cars 2 had Pixar effect. Which essentially meant some of the reviews had Phantom Menacing behind them - as in, denial that it was not that good of a movie because it's Pixar. And nobody wanted to say "oh, Pixar has a bad movie now".

Angry Birds Movie doesn't have any of that. Unless you're a huge fan of the games, but I wouldn't think these movie critics care much about Angry Birds to begin with.

Not really, since the reviews that came out after that were pretty negative right off the bat which made those two reviews kind of confounding it retrospect. It was notable since those two, like Angry Birds, came out first as they always do with reviews to follow a couple weeks down the road. Sure enough, the second more reviews started pouring in the reception instantly plummeted.

Edited by goldenstate5

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm pretty sure i called this as best reviewed video game movie ever a while back btw.

not really a hard call at all :lol: there's never been a truly well-done film based on a video game... Super Mario Bros, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia - all ranging from awful to mediocre. 

One reviewer (Mr. Straker) in RT thinks Angry Birds has clear political message. If this is how the film will be seen by GA (not saying it will), then Rovio has totally cufked up. Not something you'd expect from non-american company. Especially when compared with Zootopia's message. Target audience may not care, but mom's and dad's usually pay the tickets...

Still hoping all the best for this one.

Lähetetty minun SM-G800F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

In that review by Straker I stopped reading right here: 

it was inevitable that Hollywood, divorced from making films for adults,

So yeah: fuck this guy. Kinda want to see this movie to spite this pretentious ass. 

The Wrap review is more in line of what I'm expecting, but I could only get thru half of it due to the site crashing. It's not surprising that ppl are taking a xenophobic take from it even if that isn't the "point". Contentious opinions are to be yielded out of anything due to Mr. Orange-Head Tiny Hands, it definitely boosted Zootopia a bit.

Who woulda thought that two animated movies would ignite this strong of opinion this year already?

Out of all the films I’ve seen this year, this is the one I least expected to have an anti-immigration and an eye for an eye message underneath it. But it’s actually happened. Angry Birds is now a metaphor for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

What the fuck?

.http://www.impulsegamer.com/the-angry-birds-movie-film-review/

On 5/7/2016 at 2:14 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

But Cars 2 had Pixar effect. Which essentially meant some of the reviews had Phantom Menacing behind them - as in, denial that it was not that good of a movie because it's Pixar. And nobody wanted to say "oh, Pixar has a bad movie now".

Angry Birds Movie doesn't have any of that. Unless you're a huge fan of the games, but I wouldn't think these movie critics care much about Angry Birds to begin with.

Wut? Did you even look at Rotten Tomatoes before you wrote that?