baumer

Wednesday #s Nikki (Hobbit 6.3)

He's in a solid spot, but I don't think he's the frontrunner at the moment (or even the runner-up) and I don't think that would change just because he decides to run for office.

BTW, UK bookmakers have Affleck running second as of right now with Spielberg the favorite.http://www.easyodds.com/sports-betting/tv-and-awards-betting/awards/oscars/outright/best-director.html

I'm also going to go ahead and officially declare that TH1 is having bad weekdays. These are not the drops of a leggy film with stellar WOM.

Totally disagree. Pre-holiday December weekdays are not great in general. NARNIA fell 73%, 12.5%, and 12.9% on its first three weekdays, for example.

Totally disagree. Pre-holiday December weekdays are not great in general. NARNIA fell 73%, 12.5%, and 12.9% on its first three weekdays, for example.

The drops are average at best, and they needed to be impressive in order to make up for the disappointing OW.

Expanding Christmas day for SLP is idiotic against Les Mis and Django. They should have expanded it two weeks ago, but since they didn't, waiting until Oscar nominations would have made more sense.

Not really. First off, it's not a full wide release. The full wide release will most likely come after Oscar noms and the same weekend JLaw hosts SNL. Secondly, Django isn't the same demographic. Les Mis... it is a bit but people either like musicals or they don't. There are a lot of people that have been waiting for SLP to come to their area and this will only appease some of them. The full release is the one that will matter the most. Not this one.
  • Like 1

I remember it well because it had the 10 minute TDK preview in IMAX. I went to it just for that reason. :)

I only remembered it because I was visiting Mall Of America that christmas and I had time to chill between two rollercoaster rides. I almost felt asleep. Pop Corn was good, that's all I can recall. :lol: Edited by dashrendar44

These are my projections for where The Hobbit will finish depending on the Friday number:10M - 260M11M - 275M12M - 295M13M - 315M14M - 335M15M - 360M

So $275m it is. I doubt Hobbit is gonna increase more than IAL. Dailies are already somewhat inflated, friday increases are gonna be rather low. Edited by Elessar

This. Everyone is doing Christmas shopping this week, not going to the movies. If TH has so-so drops next week then it'll be concerning. But I still say low 300s is happening.