Totem

How I Met Your Mother

It's called How I Met Your Mother. If he met the Mother in the second season, he would have told his kids and the rest of the show would be How I Fell in Love With and Married Your Mother. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

The fact that we won't see the mother again until the series finale (according to the showrunners) makes me want to skip next year's run entirely. At some point we need to know why this was the 'right' woman for Ted over the dozens of others, and we can't do that in a single episode.
  • Like 1

The fact that we won't see the mother again until the series finale (according to the showrunners) makes me want to skip next year's run entirely. At some point we need to know why this was the 'right' woman for Ted over the dozens of others, and we can't do that in a single episode.

That's very fair. I personally would want a final season after the meeting showing how Ted and the Mother got to know each other and became a couple (though we don't need to see the whole road to marriage).

My point was that the mother had to be someone we have never seen before, because otherwise the jig would have been up seasons ago. And meeting the mother had to come near the end of the show's run because meeting the mother is the climax. Meeting her sooner drains the show of some of its tension and pull.

Link? Cause I have read that she will be on the show a lot....start with many episodes to start the year, as they detail the 56 hour Wedding.

And we know this show can stretch out a story....

PS. Also getting Season 9 might have changed this, as it show ended in Season 8, it probably would have been closer to the series finale.

Edited by CHECKMATE

That's very fair. I personally would want a final season after the meeting showing how Ted and the Mother got to know each other and became a couple (though we don't need to see the whole road to marriage).

My point was that the mother had to be someone we have never seen before, because otherwise the jig would have been up seasons ago. And meeting the mother had to come near the end of the show's run because meeting the mother is the climax. Meeting her sooner drains the show of some of its tension and pull.

Wonder if the show ended in Season 8, would they have picked someone from the series...as then they could have done it quicker, with less back story...keeping everyone happy.

Because it would have been a jip picking someone new...as what made her so special perfect/special to be picked???

Edited by CHECKMATE

Question....If the Show ended in Season 8 and they had to quickly pick someone from the series, rank and tell why you would have wanted that person...to be shown only in the series ending episode...with an hour long story to tell a quick story.

My mistake- the mother will be in a lot of the next season, but she won't meet Ted until the series finale.That's... a bad idea, IMO.

Link????

Cause I once saw a clip of Ted talking to Cindy and she talking about the girl playing in the Band...and as Ted has chased that girl in previous episodes, why wouldn't he talk to her???

Maybe they get Married in Last Episode????

And I heard she is featured heavily in the last season...so question is do they do a lot of forward dream scenes?

And they both are going to take the train back on Sunday...so what stage will that be????

The mother will indeed be a regular on the show next year. The plan is for her to meet every single character on the show before she meets Ted. 

Because that's exactly what would happen in real life!

Also did the show make a mistake showing her at the end of this episode.

They should have just showed her from the back or something asking for the ticket.

As that could have been a great cliffhanger for next season....which would have gotten nice/better ratings????

Today's episode is pretty good :) All the jokes hit the right notes for me. Love all the references to The Princess Bride.

But seriously, I'm freaking tired of Ted not letting go, it's just pathetic at this point.