Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

With much of this season I am waiting for the payoff to see if the issues are worth it.

And I'm really curious where they take Littlefinger's increasingly gambling plan of bluffs and double-crossed.

• Like 1

The show is rapidly going down hill the anti got pieces are popping up all around d&d have proven they can't deviate to well. Loras is offensive baelish is stupid Sansa in unnecesary and dorne is a misfire. The plot has been lost and the show despite being great in its first four seasons is in clear decline. The introduction of scenes just to shock viewers, the changing of the faith to be anti homosexual as a commentary on today's religion, and everything else has been poor. I'm glad now that some of my favorites were cut better to not exist than to go through what loras has even grrm editor is now speaking out

• Like 1

The narrative makes no sense little dinner goes from the vale to Winterfell to kings landing in the time it takes stannis to go to Winterfell. The faith militant has free reign in the city ignoring the gold cloaks. Chekhov's birthmark. Sansa God sansa the brought her their for the rape scene nothing else to bring controversy into the show. Dorne is beyond saving every interesting character is cut and the sand snakes are xena rejects.

Many of the reviews have reacted with disgust to the rape as being an attempt at shock value that does nothing to advance "The Hero's Journey" Sansa has gone/is going through. It's clear that the show is all about the Stark kids growing into their own despite some horrible tragedies. We already knew Theon is a coward, Ramsey is a monster. It didn't reinforce or change anything in my opinion.

Many of the reviews have reacted with disgust to the rape as being an attempt at shock value that does nothing to advance "The Hero's Journey" Sansa has gone/is going through. It's clear that the show is all about the Stark kids growing into their own despite some horrible tragedies. We already knew Theon is a coward, Ramsey is a monster. It didn't reinforce or change anything in my opinion.

Again, you don't know where its going, so you can't say it's unnecessary until you see the endpoint.

i'm sick :wacko:  ! you know me ever the hopeful which is counterproductive in GoT lollll

it had a good moment sansa telling theon no to taking his hand thus ensuring he gets punish by ramsey ! B)

but yeah for some reason i kept hoping the cavalry and by cavalry i mean littlefinger he left her there after all but i was also hoping stannis would pop in interrupting the wedding with an assault on winterfell , you'd think i'd know better by now 

That said I have to agree i'm a tad underwhelmed by Dorne depiction so far , frankly i think its a mistake growing myrcella that much or even having her talk and be all lovey dovey with Dorne heir, also they shouldn't have cut out so many dorne characters feels like we've been shortchanged and i have vague memory of Dorne prince having meattier? dialogue with his daughter ariane? and these sandsnake chicks whose stunts were a bit meh 

heck i even miss joffrey , i mean tommen is sweet but what a pup pfff!!!! I agree with grdma highgarden tywin is sorely missed , he was an epic evil bastard but stupid he was not !

i don't dislike them i just don't feel like we got to know them , for sure we accuse GRRM of stalling and meandering in the books but ehhh i agree lets see where this is going but for now all this has done so far is make me want to reread the books !

i did enjoy jorah and tyrion continuing on the road adventures , loving arya and jaquar   ^_^

its strange too because there still is so much crazyness to look forward too but with all the messing around with timeline and plots dunno if its going to pay off the same as in the books

the good thing is the show is only 10 episodes so they can always rectify for next season if things don't pan out !

The criticisms against Sansa rape as "being just for shock value" is baseless as the same (actually even worse) happens to a character named Jeyne Poole in the books (she was there with Sansa in the premiere episode but then didn't appear afterwards). It's just a blending of two significant story arcs for streamlining purposes. I'm pretty sure most of the Sansa fans so up in arms against this change probably had no issue when worse things were meted out to Jeyne and Ramsay's other victims in the books. That just shows double standards and is actually far more sickening than anything the show has done to its fictional characters.

If this doesn't reveal people's "It's okay as long as it happens to someone I don't care about" mentality then I don't know what does. These instances in fiction are incredibly necessary to initiate discussions that are highly needed to make people wake up instead of avoiding all the "unpleasant business". 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 5

The introduction of scenes just to shock viewers, the changing of the faith to be anti homosexual as a commentary on today's religion, and everything else has been poor. I'm glad now that some of my favorites were cut better to not exist than to go through what loras has even grrm editor is now speaking out

I'm actually a House Tyrell fan and I'm glad that Loras is getting a far better arc than the joke that was his "resolution" in the books. And GRRM himself is understanding and has no problem over the changes and his is the only opinion that comes even close to mattering.

Edited by Spidey Freak

I thought the episode was phenomenal. My favorite of the season yet. 

I love Margaery Tyrell! Defending her brother and lying during the testimony was amazing - it's so great seeing how protective she is of her brother. Seeing the religious fanatics decry homosexuality and punish those who have are homosexual was chilling. 

• Like 1

I thought the episode was phenomenal. My favorite of the season yet. 

I love Margaery Tyrell! Defending her brother and lying during the testimony was amazing - it's so great seeing how protective she is of her brother. Seeing the religious fanatics decry homosexuality and punish those who have are homosexual was chilling. 

Its odd because I think the show actually shows how things were.

People did it and tolerated it a bit but if it got out in the open then off with your head. 

Shows have to tone things down and when they show some sort of reality it goes to far. 

In Marco Polo it was pretty gruesome when they showed the scene of the Mongols using Chinese prisoners hands and feet to make fat to make flammable projectiles. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

This took a bit longer to start going downhill than the books but now does so at an even quicker pace.

I wouldn't be surprised if this would turn out to be one of the most disappointing show developments when we look back at it five years from now.

The whole Dorne plot is so boring, badly acted and corny.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere