Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

BUT

I did not like the portrayal of Euron Greyjoy in this episode. His first appearance had promise, but in this episode he was basically just another medieval dudebro lord (with a slight Scandinavian accent).

Euron Greyjoy in the books is probably the closest the series will get to an actual supervillain (assuming the foreshadowing for him plays out in Book 6 as people expect).

57 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

BUT

I did not like the portrayal of Euron Greyjoy in this episode. His first appearance had promise, but in this episode he was basically just another medieval dudebro lord (with a slight Scandinavian accent).

Euron Greyjoy in the books is probably the closest the series will get to an actual supervillain (assuming the foreshadowing for him plays out in Book 6 as people expect).

Euron Greyjoy is the Trump of GoT.

"We will build a fleet and we will make Westeros pay for it!"

• Like 8

Its funny a read  a lot of comments saying Dany is a narcissistic dictator...

I am like its a medieval fantasy show with Ice Warriors and Dragons and your talking about contemporary values  :lol:

I actually think she becomes like a Villain because any conqueror righteous or not has to kill a lot of people.. 

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Looks like dany is going down a darker path which makes her character more interesting. 

Arya storyline is blah but all the other ones are great.

From last episode that's what I got.  It was the equivalent of her embracing "Fire and Blood" over "Mhysa" similar to her trip dream in the books but much more visual.

As for this episode... I have no words... Absolutely devastated by that ending and the full realization of Hodor's character.

It was a fantastic episode, with fantastic moments.  I knew heartbreak was bound to happen after a few episodes of screaming of joy.  

Everything that came before it though was just as great, even if it was set up.  Jack Bender did a great job directing this episode and I can't wait for next weeks.  That final White Walker sequence left me holding my breath in fear, sad Sydow's role had to end so soon though.

Be careful on the Internet guys, some spoilers for future eps from reddit are floating around and the source has been right about events in prior episodes. Accidentally stumbled into a few of them.

That said, one of them I am still going to call bull on until it actually happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol as long there is nothing like the  Red Wedding twist...

I dont think Fans can handle that again lol.

Hodor got a bigger reaction from me than the Red Wedding.  Yet at the same time I had the red wedding spoiled for me so I was able to brace myself, and it still hit me pretty hard,

a couple guys who had guessed what Hodor really meant:

2 years ago-

https://ventrellaquest.com/2014/04/20/got-got/

All the way back in 2008!

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/26325-what-does-hodor-mean/&page=2

The poor guy is just asking someone to hold the door for him, since he's always carrying someone else around. After a while, "Hold the door" became "Hold the doorHold the doorHoldoorHodoor. Dammit! Hold the door!" His mind finally snapped, and now all he can say is Hodor.[\quote]
  • Like 4

What an episode. Proof (alongside Hardhome) that the show can excel on its own terms. I barely breathed for the last 15 minutes!

Some other thoughts:

- Jack Bender was an inspired choice for director. As with the best moments of Lost, a potentially head scratching moment goes for the emotional jugular and just utterly SLAYS.

- The music this season has been excellent. Ramon Djawadi is out doing himself.

- I'm loving the breakneck speed with which the narrative is advancing although I hope we get a little bit of breathing room over the next few episodes. Bastardbowl needs a bit of build up.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Be careful on the Internet guys, some spoilers for future eps from reddit are floating around and the source has been right about events in prior episodes. Accidentally stumbled into a few of them.

That said, one of them I am still going to call bull on until it actually happens.

Which one they all seem true and a lot of them are backed up by multiple sources

Rewatched the episode and I'm starting to believe Three Eyed Raven guy was actually older Bran who lingered too long in a past event and got stuck.  That's how he knew the Night King touched Bran.  Now when he says the line "for you to become me", it makes sense.  

Also, what was up with this:

B0vBvJh.png