Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

9 hours ago, ShouldIBeHere said:

Also, apparantly they had to make Dany's war strategy as dumb as possible in order to write her in a position in which she needs Jon and the North.

It's too easy for the Lannister army....which screams that Dany's side has a spy/leak problem to me.

26 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think we all expectedly Dany to win easily.

we did until they made her character incredibly stupid and not instantly attack kings landing for reasons

no complaints here though, the more cersei the better

You can have issues with how fast everything is happening, "everyone is teleporting" etc. but regarding what happens and why to even out the playing field between Dany-Cersei has been very well handled and justified within the show.

Danny doesn't want to immediately burn down everything not because she is stupid but because she cares and becauses she sees herself as a champion of the people. Cersei has no fucks left to give and she'll cross every line. That gives her an advantage. Fighting the war on home turf gives her another advantage.

Tyrion was never the war mastermind that many people make him out to be. He's very smart, he's great at handling the tensions of the court and diplomacy like he did with the Jon-Danny meeting but he only had real political/military power for like a year during the 2nd season. Even if he's good at drawing battle plans he barely has any experience at it. More importantly he doesn't know that the goldmines have run dry since Tywin was still alive and assumes Casterly Rock is still the source of the Lannister power, but at this point it's expendable. Lannister power since Joffrey became king is that they hold the Iron Throne, but Tyrion doesn't know this.

Also take a look at Dany's war council. The only people with any kind of substantial war experience was Greyworm and Yara. Dany would really need an advice from Jorah or Barristan Selmy right about now. On the other hand Jaimie, Euron and even Sam's father have been commanding armies and fighting wars their whole life.

So Cersei has a smaller army and no dragons, but she has home advantage, more knowledge than Tyrion about Casterly Rock, way more experienced battle commanders than her opposition and doesn't care about how many thousands she 'll sacrifice to stay on the throne. That's why she's winning (until now). To me it makes perfect sense after three episodes even if I couldn't imagine how Dany doesn't win immediately a few weeks ago. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Bronn da fucking man!

Yes, I'm rooting for the bad guys.

Spoiler

Jaime didn't deserve to get saved at the last second by him. That was a super stupid plan on his part.

Good episode, the final 15 minutes was great. Bronn nearly dying 3 times or so got me anxious.

Bran continues to have the worst bedside manner ever.

I don't consider Bronn a bad guy, he's just a totally amoral dude out for #1. A couple minor things different and he could easily be teamed up with Tyrion at the moment.

• Like 2