Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I liked the previous episode more but this one was very good also. At this point Cersei and Euron are killing it, reveling in their own villainy.

Olena went out like a boss. Suck a great death scene.

After leveling the playing field between untouchable Danny's super-army and Cersei queen of three kingdoms(at best) I have a theory how the season will play out.

(I know there's a massive spoiler leak this season but please I don't wanna know if I'm close if anyone has read the spoilers that are out there)

Spoiler

Of course I think Dany will win, but I think she will stoop to Cersei's level to do it, burning thousands, weakening the westeros forces against the white walkers, losing a dragon and maybe a few key allies in the process (plz not Tyrion). She will win and kill Cersei but it will feel like a defeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

This is Daenerys Targaryen. Storm born, The unburned, The braker of chains and Mother Of Dragons.

.... This is Jon Snow

.... He's King In The North

Also the unsweatable, since he can rock the fur coat/cape on Dragonstone and not get bothered

• Like 1

If you've read the leaks, I don't want to know if this predict for next episode or so is right or not.  It was just my thoughts on what would likely happen.

(Not actual spoilers, just my predicts, but tagging it as it's heavy speculation on what might happen)

Next episode is only 50 minutes, so I figure a big battle must go down.  It's a bit to early to attack the Red keep.  I think Daenerys is going to be pissed at Tyrion and say she should go after The Red Keep now.

Tyrion will hold her up, mentioning there's a Lannister Army likely marching back to King's Landing, bringing with them all of the supplies (and more importantly gold to pay the Iron Bank of Braavos).  So she'll attack the Lannister Army when they're in a poor position Dany will ride in on her Dragons and run them down with a Dothraki horde.  This will cut off Cersei's gold and food provisions, causing the Iron Bank to change sides when they realize Daenerys will be the better investment.

Itd fit with the assumed episode title "The Spoils of War" as Itd be about gaining control of the spoils of Highgarden.

This will probably lead Cersei to bunker down in King's Landing thinking the Dothraki will be poor at sieges and that her harpoon things can take out the dragons.  She might have Euron send his ships to protect Blackwater.

I figure whatever happens up North will be at the end of the season, so this will happen in episode 4 and then either episode 5 or 6 will be Dany going to King's Landing.  Maybe Jon ends up supporting her (It looks like the only solution where both parties can be allies without giving up what they want is through marriage.  So I assume the engagement will happen) and goes up North to get the Manderly's to use their fleet to support her attack in King's Landing.  With Cersei being desperate I assume she'll decide to use Wildfyre as her plan again and put Jaime in a situation where he either kills Cersei or let her blow up King's Landing in green flames.

Edited by El Panda Machos

On 7/30/2017 at 10:33 PM, 4815162342 said:

So, let's get this straight

Hide contents

Grey Worm and his fleet sails for Casterly Rock, which is a long trip around the south of Westeros. Euron meanwhile sails to Kings Landing to parade captives and gloat.

Grey Worm arrives at Casterly Rock and takes it.

As soon as the battle is over Euron's fleet is suddenly there and attacking, only, it is attacking from the north. THE NORTH. Meaning he somehow got ahead of them with no one noticing and with Grey Worm having a solid head start. So either Euron borrowed Littlefinger's teleporter and made it into a mass portal for his entire fleet, or....well that's really the only way he could have pulled that feat off.

I think it's important to note that

Spoiler

they never showed Euron with that 2nd fleet of ships...only the ships.    If he has a 1000 ships then they could have been split into two groups.   They especially didn't need much when the plan was to attack and sink a bunch of unoccupied ships off Casterly rock.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I think it's important to note that

Hide contents

they never showed Euron with that 2nd fleet of ships...only the ships.    If he has a 1000 ships then they could have been split into two groups.   They especially didn't need much when the plan was to attack and sink a bunch of unoccupied ships off Casterly rock.

Thats true, also with the initial ambush from Euron, its likely he was sailing out of Blackwater Bay, so depending on when the Dornish ships left he could easily intercept them based on the geography.

Then with a lot of the time complaints, it seems like they're just not taking the time to show "traveling scenes" so it kind of feels like teleporting, when in reality it seems like there's just assumed time between different scenes.  The shows been like that since the beginning season 1.  Catelyn goes from grieving in Winterfell in episode 2, to appearing at King's Landing episode 3, to being back at the crossroad in episode 4, and the news that she kidnapped Tyrion gets to everyone right at the beginning of episode 5 (so immediately after she did it narratively).  She didn't really teleport, there was presumed time gaps between those moments.

I think the difference with Season 7 is those time gaps are made more apparent as characters aren't isolated anymore.

Also, this is far out there speculation.  But what if climax of the series is Daenerys marrying the Night King in order to form a pact between men and the Others (Ice and Fire) in order to bring peace and stop the army of the dead from destroying everyone?

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, El Panda Machos said:

Also, this is far out there speculation.  But what if climax of the series is Daenerys marrying the Night King in order to form a pact between men and the Others (Ice and Fire) in order to bring peace and stop the army of the dead from destroying everyone?

That would be... dumb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/1/16072066/game-of-thrones-time-passes-fast-quick?utm_campaign=tvoti&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

A good article about the whole "everything happens so fast" thing and why it's been a thing for many shows nearing their end in the past. I don't have much of a problem with it and I understand why they do it, the best way to deal with it is to assume that enough time passes between cuts for Jaimie to go to Highgarden or the ravens to reach their destinations so quickly.

• Like 2

It seems like Dany should win, but somehow someway I just feel like the Lannisters aren't going to lose, not until next season at the last episode more than likely. So, I can't help but feel dread for Dany as I can't see how she's going to be successful in this season. (I really think she's going to lose at least one dragon this season, if not two, and be left with only Drogon). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Wouldnt it be great If some time in the future they had a limited release of selected episodes in IMAX?

Is it possible? I would really love it!

Certainly possible, they've done that before with the last two episodes of season 4. The IMAX release was 6 months after the TV airing though, I doubt HBO would do a simultaneous release as it would take away from their TV audience.

• Like 2

Teleporting huge armies from one end of a continent to another to fast-forward the plot makes the endless time Dany; Arya and others needed to come from one place to another in earlier seasons even more endless :D 

Plus, those castles seem to be totally useless. Both in the show and the books sieges have always been compressed... but season 7 reaches a new level.

Also, apparantly they had to make Dany's war strategy as dumb as possible in order to write her in a position in which she needs Jon and the North.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere

Moderation:

Discussion of the leaked shows is strictly prohibited.   That includes general reactions.

Posting of links or where to find the leaked episodes will result in a ban.  

As far as we are concerned they do not exist here on BOT

• Like 6