Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

42 minutes ago, MrPink said:

He's Pirate Ramsay with all his cheat codes, but unlike being a perverse sadistic guy for the sake of it, Euron is having fun with his role.

Another winner with the words this week against Jamie.

I miss the Jamie from the early seasons who would just grin and shoot back a witty comment.   He used to not care what anyone thought.  (maybe because he knew he could beat anyone with a sword)

Well the Lannisters will lose the war but imo they have already done much better then I would have ever expected against a person who seemed invulnerable.

It sort of parallels actual history to never underestimate a wounded enemy  who is willing to cross any line.

Pretty much the only thing Dany has left is Dragons and the Dorthraki.

Edited by Lordmandeep

So, let's get this straight

Spoiler

Grey Worm and his fleet sails for Casterly Rock, which is a long trip around the south of Westeros. Euron meanwhile sails to Kings Landing to parade captives and gloat.

Grey Worm arrives at Casterly Rock and takes it.

As soon as the battle is over Euron's fleet is suddenly there and attacking, only, it is attacking from the north. THE NORTH. Meaning he somehow got ahead of them with no one noticing and with Grey Worm having a solid head start. So either Euron borrowed Littlefinger's teleporter and made it into a mass portal for his entire fleet, or....well that's really the only way he could have pulled that feat off.

But this was the best episode of the season so far. Things are finally moving. The long-awaited meeting did not go as terrible as feared.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Hide contents

Grey Worm and his fleet sails for Casterly Rock, which is a long trip around the south of Westeros. Euron meanwhile sails to Kings Landing to parade captives and gloat.

As soon as the battle is over Euron's fleet is suddenly there and attacking, only, it is attacking from the north. THE NORTH. Meaning he somehow got ahead of them with no one noticing and with Grey Worm having a solid head start. So either Euron borrowed Littlefinger's teleporter and made it into a mass portal for his entire fleet, or....well that's really the only way he could have pulled that feat off.

But this was the best episode of the season so far. Things are finally moving. The long-awaited meeting did not go as terrible as feared.

Im guessing they didn't pay attention to the logistics of directions.  I'm also assuming time is moving much quicker between scenes this season compared to others, which I'm overall fine with (but it could have been done with a bit more thought).

But yeah that episode was fantastic.  I liked how tame the action sequences were, as if you're watching a large game of war spanning out in front of your eyes.  It definitely raised the stakes.

I also loved the parallel of Jaime and Robb Stark, and how he took what Robb did against him and used it against Daenerys.  I also like how Cersei really shows that she'll destroy her enemies against the odds.

Olenna being taken out was sad though because I loved Dianna Rigg on the show.  I'm heartbroken we don't get to see more of her.  But that was definitely a way for her to go out. 

This also makes the plotline at the North a lot more interesting.  Because now it's looking as if it'll be hard for Daenerys to win this thing without the Knights of the Vale and the Northern Army (or just Arya, but Im still convinced it has to be Jaime who kills Cersei)

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

His boat has like, 3 sails. Obviously it moves three times as quickly.

Also I don't think Bran could have picked a worse way to explain his Three-Eyed Raven thing.

• Like 2

Does varys not have little birds now? His little birds don't even know when 3/4 of an army leaves the castle. Dany need to learn the concept of scouts. That's what see is missing- good battle commanders. Grey worm aint shit. I bet next episode she is gonna burn jaime's army.

Three good episodes in a row. I don't think this has happened since season 4.

Sansa, girl: Run to the fucking ravens and let Jon know you have satellite uplink now. You've got the single most powerful weapon in the world sitting in your garden and that's before your shapeshifting murder sister returns.

Edited by damnitgeorge08

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

Reveal hidden contents

Being unable to articulate explanations properly is a Stark trait.

I forgot about the Multi-Sail Additive Law!

• Haha 1

It was very sad to lose Olenna, the queen of the sass but it was a very fitting end for her. 4

I believe Bran's return felt anticlimatc but thinking more about it ,it's plausible for him to be so stone cold...he knows everything that has ever happenned and that kind of knowledge weighted in on him.Arya's return should be glorious though.Her absense was felt.

Sansa seems to be a good leader.Her character's growth over the years is incredible.

Cersei is a fcking ---- but it's the kind of character that you want to stay as long as possible.She is an amazing,interesting and well-layered character.It's mindblowing to think that she has done all these dispecable things out of love.Credit to the the writers and ,of coure,Headey.

Not much to be said about Jon in this episode.But Jon+Dany is another story...they are basically the same person but noone knows it yet.Both kind and compassionate and both care for their people.And ,yes, it's obvious that sooner or later the writers intent to bring them together. Incest FTW i guess.Love how both were trying to one up each other but Dany chose her words more carefully so she came out on top.

Terrific episode.Can't wait for Dany's rage next week.

11 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Pretty much the only thing Dany has left is Dragons and the Dorthraki.

At thus point, she needs Jon and the north. Havent they said that the in the north, each man fights like 10? 

Not to mention you have Vale up there as well who are probably the most untouched by all the wars.

Olenna Tyrell going out like she lived her life: having the last word. RIP Queen of Thorns...you will be sorely missed. She's my favorite character but I knew her death was coming. 

I really hope Cersei lives to Season 8 as Lena's acting is simply phenomenal. "No, that's just not right." The way she delivered that line alone should give her an Emmy. Cersei will undoubtedly go down as one of, if not THE, greatest villainess in fantasy. Stunning character.

• Like 2