Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

This is what happens when you decide to take only 6 episodes wrapping up 3+ huge storylines, and spend the first 2 doing nothing.      

This wasn’t the series finale though. It had some cool moments at least, when you could see, and we’ll see what the next 3 episodes bring.

• Like 1

A few complaints aside (couldn't Tyrion and Sansa have joined in on at least some of the action?), this was a pretty gripping almost hour-and-a-half overall I have to say. Even if I'm not sure the decision to drench the whole thing in murkiness was the most pleasant choice on the eyes lol.

• Like 3

LOL at

Arya taking NK out with a Rey move from TLJ that everyone was shitting on. I laughed so hard. lame villain deserves lame takedown move, lmao! Based Arya, put this zombie shit out of misery, respect! 

:worthy:

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL at

Hide contents

Arya taking NK out with a Rey move from TLJ that everyone was shitting on. I laughed so hard. lame villain deserves lame takedown move, lmao! Based Arya, put this zombie shit out of misery, respect! 

:worthy:

NK confirmed on the level of a throne room jobber.

Edited by MrPink

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Hide contents

NK confirmed on the level of a throne room jobber.

serves him right. Now we can get to Game of Thrones proper. Next episode look promising and fingers crossed episode 5 (another battle) won't be shot at night. 

I thought it was pretty suspenseful and the most engaging episode yet this season. The obvious negatives were the lighting and the stupidity foisted upon some characters. I couldn’t see for most of that battle and thought it was my TV in particular until I checked Twitter and saw others had the same problem. I really thought Rhaegal was the one biting Viserion’s head, but then Jon drops to the ground. Just a lot of murkiness.

Spoiler

As far as characters being stupid, the Inside the Episode revealed that Dany chose to go off on her dragon instead of waiting for the signal as planned. Wtf. Why would she ruin the plan that was meant to lure the NK. She ended up causing more casualties than necessary. Jon also helped there by trying to attack the NK ‘stealthily’. NK saw how stupid he was and didn’t even bother killing him, just raised the dead to do it for him and that lead to the death of others. Didn’t seem like NK would’ve done that if Jon hadn’t shown up. Sam was also completely useless in this episode and became a liability to others. Should’ve kept him in the crypts. I’m shocked he’s not dead.

The greatest part was Arya killing the NK. It was perfect, obvious, but perfect. I was annoyed about her sneaking/running about, but apparently it’s because of the head trauma she suffered. Understandable, I’d be terrified too. 

It it was obvious that this episode would be finish off the NK/White Walkers plot and the show would move on to the Iron Throne battle. It’s predictable, but still good imo. I wasn’t really shocked by any of the deaths so far though so I guess they’re saving those for the end. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

so can we agree on deaths cause I'm not sure in all that murkiness:

NK and his army 

Theon

Jorah

Lyanna

Edd

anyone else?

Beric.

Melisandre

Edited by MrPink

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

how did Beric die? My stream froze at the moment when Arya was helping him and the next thing I saw was all of them with Mel. 

and yes, Mel died, I already forgot, lol.

Beric and The Hound ran into Arya as she was being chased by White Walkers and he got stabbed several times as they retreated.

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Beric and The Hound ran into Arya as she was being chased by White Walkers and he got stabbed several times as they retreated.

Thank you. I saw when Beric received the first stab and Arya was helping him and then freeze. Did he have last words or just died? when the stream resumed, Mel was already talking to Arya.

this is brilliant:

BTW, Arya was the only one protecting her family out of all Starks. she gave Sansa the weapon. She couldn't leave Bran (which was telegraphed in previous episode). Like, when you think about it, Jon took Theon and Ironborn for granted but Arya was, like, nope, that's my little brother. they always had a strong bond in season 1 so I dig it that they picked it up this way. I see complaints that NK wasn't her antagonist but Jon's which is wrong, actually. NK was Bran's antagonist. since bran couldn't take him out, it's right that his sibling who loves him the most did it to save him. 

LMAO, reactions! some people are in tears over NK going down in one episode. they are still hoping that he will return for the battle of KL lolololololololol. :rofl:

Just now, Valonqar said:

Thank you. I saw when Beric received the first stab and Arya was helping him and then freeze. Did he have last words or just died? when the stream resumed, Mel was already talking to Arya.

this is brilliant:

BTW, Arya was the only one protecting her family out of all Starks. she gave Sansa the weapon. She couldn't leave Bran (which was telegraphed in previous episode). Like, when you think about it, Jon took Theon and Ironborn for granted but Arya was, like, nope, that's my little brother. they always had a strong bond in season 1 so I dig it that they picked it up this way. I see complaints that NK wasn't her antagonist but Jon's which is wrong, actually. NK was Bran's antagonist. since bran couldn't take him out, it's right that his sibling who loves him the most did it to save him. 

LMAO, reactions! some people are in tears over NK going down in one episode. they are still hoping that he will return for the battle of KL lolololololololol. :rofl:

Not really any final words I recalled