Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

On 4/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, Joel M said:

It's the final season, all of the supporting fan-favorites are expendable. I bet at least one of them dies unceremoniously or off camera or both and many fans are gonna low-key whine about it for years. 

I think if they wanted to be real dicks, kill off Arya within the first two episodes, and make it where she never reunites with Jon. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Warhorse said:

I think if they wanted to be real dicks, kill off Arya within the first two episodes, and make it where she never reunites with Jon. 

Why you got to play to play with my emotions like this :( 

I watched the first season back when it premiered but lost interest when I read about the book spoilers for the Red Wedding. Didn’t think I’d be into watching my favorite characters die for multiple seasons. But it’s finally ending and all my friends are so into it and were constantly trying to talk me into watching it. So I finally watched it all last week. Caught up in 1 week and I’m so pumped for this season. It took me till Season 3 before I really got into it, but I was hooked since. 

I like Dany and Jon (shame they’re related), but I think they’ll both die. Cersei HAS to die! And Jamie can go either way. I think Sansa will sit on the throne with Arya as her Kingsguard and Tyrion as her Hand or maybe husband?  He’s the only unrelated man who who’s really treated her with respect. Sansa grew so much over the seasons and I think she has what it takes to rule competently. Dany and Arya would be too bloodthirsty and Jon is good at commanding respect, but not great at ruling. Oh and the Night King/White Walker stuff is the most boring part of this show. So hopefully that gets resolved quickly. 

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

can you stream the new episode live with HBONOW?  if so I'm gonna register

According to HBO’s website, you can. That’s what I signed up for. You can also stream live if you sign up through Amazon Prime or Hulu. 

Spoiler

I actually got annoyed with Sansa this episode. Some are praising her for not backing Dany, but it’s so stupid to be doing all this posturing and political rivalry when the freaking dead army is marching towards them. Lyanna acted the same way, which surprised me. The other lords seem to care more about who the ruler is than how they can survive. That Jon had to spell it out for them and they still didn’t get it is ridiculous. Like we get it, you don’t like anyone from the south, but when you don’t have the numbers to fight an army 100k strong, you set differences aside and work together. I just thought Sansa would be more sensible about it given how much she’s learned and grown. She was right though about Tyrion being stupid enough to trust Cersei. Other than the Jon Snow reveal, not much happened. Guessing next episode will be similar until the last 4 longer episodes. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

Lmao no. There have been much worse.

Yeah, may be but i binged 6 season in first watch, so that reduced impact of waiting for next episode after weak one. During S7 I was so hyped I didn't mind weak ones.

Now after 595 days, this weak episode and they have just 5 episodes left. Doesn't make it up.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, may be but i binged 6 season in first watch, so that reduced impact of waiting for next episode after weak one. During S7 I was so hyped I didn't mind weak ones.

Now after 595 days, this weak episode and they have just 5 episodes left. Doesn't make it up.

So, you mean boring for you. Cos, this episode made sense, that alone puts it above atleast 5 episodes. 

Also, no action doesn't mean bad. Characters needed to be told many things that we viewers already know. This episode was not filler but could have been longer.

• Like 1

I loved this. May be in minority but

I liked Sansa here. she makes a good point. what are they all gonna eat? what dragons eat anyway? and the rest of the North acted in character. of course they weren't going to prostrate themselves before the Queen they didn't choose just because she brought the army. so while that may be annoying to watch, it's in character. some fast-baked unity wouldn't be realistic.

Highlights in no particular order:

New title credits

Jamie sees Bran. Gulp.

"I've always had blue eyes" lol

Drogon's jealously lol

Jon's first flight

Dragons in general

Jonerys 

Arya sees Jon, Hound, Gendry and DRAGONS

Jon and Arya reunion

Arya and Gendry reunion (shippers rejoice)

Jon finds out about his heritage 

Sansa remembers Joffrey lol

Sannsa vs Dany lol

NK ain't playin (creepy gift to Night Watch)

Disappointments:

Bronn's gonna sell out

Arya and Hound reunion. I know what they were trying to do, have them act like they don't care although they care but still. Needed some levity.

Tyrion's faith in Cersei like duuuuude

Whatever:

Greyjoy sibs. was emotional but I really don't care about that part of the story and absolutely can't stand Theon

Die now:

Euron, Golden Army I don't care but please just have Euron go

One of the best season premieres of the show for sure, can't understand people who criticize the show for indulging in too much spectacle and are then disappointed when an entire episode is made up of character moments. God bless D&D when they get to work on their Star Wars films. 

3 hours ago, gadd said:

One of the best season premieres of the show for sure, can't understand people who criticize the show for indulging in too much spectacle and are then disappointed when an entire episode is made up of character moments. God bless D&D when they get to work on their Star Wars films. 

all of this! :bravo:

We got what we were waiting for for freaking years. Character reunions. Like, c'mon! That's your money shot right there. I wanted them all to happen and they did and most were glorious. Also

Jon finally knows  R+L = J, and he finally rides Rhaegal. 

The episode was wonderful with callbacks that really hit in the feels. My favorite was Jaimie seeing Bran. When Bran said he was looking for an old friend I was, like, NK? Ha ha, but it's Jaimie. 

Lots of good banter

I'm a tad bit concerned about pushing the "Jon cares about people, Danaerys cares about the crown" thingy. I really hope they don't do some stupid shit and turn them against each other, make her the villain at the last moment.

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

My problem is, at this stage, we don't need setup. There are only 6 episodes and you are wasting first two on just setups. 

But in this case the set-up is deserved. There were so many great little moments and reunions here for a lot of characters who haven't interacted since, well, 2011.

The premiere was solid. Loved all the callbacks to the first episode of the show. That ending with Jamie and Bran is gonna be the default "surprise, bitch" meme going forward. Only thing I have to complain about is the dragon riding between Dany and Jon, which was a little too fan service-y for me plus the CGI was dodgy at best.