baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

I'm glad you played Tele.  Your score is really much better than you ended with.  You knew you were behind at the end and you took a lot of risks.  I think you would have finished closer to top 15 if you had played it normally.  

And thanks to Olive for helping me out immensely this year with scoring.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate your efforts.

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS TO KITIK WHO LEAD PRETTY MUCH FROM THE BEGINNING!

1) kitik 1,604,500

2) Cedar 1,564,000

3) ShawnMR 1,545,000 

4) grim22 1,520,500

5) Olive 1,457,500 

6) Sam 1,418,000

7) TylerDurden 1,408,000 

8) gizmo 1,402,000

9) Tower 1,369,500

10) Filmovie 1,364,500

BOOOOOOOOOOO!  THE CHAMP'S A FAKE! 

Just kidding!  Congrats, Kitik.  :)

I'm just watching me and MGS. I must overtake to make top 20!! ;)

Well, I didn't make top 20... but I did beat MGS! I'll take that as a success. ;)

Thanks Baumer for running the game. It was the first time I've actually played a game with box office, and tbh, I just used this site for CAYOM before it. Now, I feel like I can actually do legitimate grounded predicts. No more stupid clubs like the STID>150M OW for me! It was also surprisingly fun and I'll be back for any future game! Goal for next year: Top 10 B)

• Like 1

Congrats to Kitik. He played one heck of a consistent game. :D Cedar wasn't far behind in consistency while Shawn put on the after burners at the end and almost caught them. Very well played by everyone.  :D

Congrats Baumer, for very well run game. As a first time player, I immensely enjoyed it and will gladly play next summer. :D

• Like 1

Ranked 18!?My surgery + Mexico trip fucked me! I pretty much guessed most of August!My strats for next time:1. Lowball the shit out of every movie.2. Copy Kitik's answers weekly.3. Abstain all risky SOTMs...4. Answer the opposite of Telemachos.

• Like 5

• Founder / Operator

Thanks B it was a great game. While not top ten I can live with going from the 20s to 13 :)

Great game kitik cedar and Shawn!

A couple of quick mentions.  First of all I'll do a write up of this in more detail tomorrow or the day after.

Shawn should be proud of himself.  I know finishing in the top three AGAIN sucks if you don't win but you really played a great game.  You were hovering in the teens for much of the game and then you turned on the jets in the last month or so.  Congrats.

Now I can ask this...SHAWN?  ARE YOU GOING TO RUN THE WINTER GAME?

Thanks, guys. I definitely appreciate the comments, Baumer. I'm happy to have fought back and hit the top 3 after missing out on a big week (STID) and a big SOTM (MoS) early on in the game. Let this be an encouragement to everyone who thinks about dropping out halfway through next year because I very nearly stopped playing back in June.

I think this is the third time in five summers I've finished top 5 (including last year when I had to bow out of the game mid-summer for personal reasons). No 1st place finishes on the book, but I can't complain too much with the consistency. The glass is half full!

Meanwhile, a lot of great players this year. I'll say it again: I don't think the competition was ever this widely stiff, and for the game to come down to the final days of summer really underscores that.

As for hosting the winter game... we'll see. I need to make sure I can spare the time for it because I'd want to give it 100%. I hope I can, but either way, I'll be in touch about it by this weekend or sooner. :)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2