baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

The Summer Game starts in about April. Game itself is first week of May but it gets announced in April. Someone will prob do a shorter version of the winter game. That should be out in two or three weeks.

• Like 1

I would think next Summer game includes April with CA2 opening.BTW, awesome job Baumer. Thanks!Also, LAGUY, you sir are fucking amazing. You're a big part of this game and thanks for everything!

Edited by #ED
  • Like 4

Ranked 18!?My surgery + Mexico trip fucked me! I pretty much guessed most of August!My strats for next time:1. Lowball the shit out of every movie.2. Copy Kitik's answers weekly.3. Abstain all risky SOTMs...4. Answer the opposite of Telemachos.

:rofl:  :rofl:

I would think next Summer game includes April with CA2 opening.BTW, awesome job Baumer. Thanks!Also, LAGUY, you sir are fucking amazing. You're a big part of this game and thanks for everything!

CA2 opens on April 4, though, so that would make as much sense as starting, say, a 2010 BSG with Clash of the Titans. You might as well move it another few weeks forward to include Noah and Muppets 2 and shit, and that'll just completely mess everything up. Next year's actual summer season has more than enough high-profile movies on its own.

• Like 2

CA2 opens on April 4, though, so that would make as much sense as starting, say, a 2010 BSG with Clash of the Titans. You might as well move it another few weeks forward to include Noah and Muppets 2 and shit, and that'll just completely mess everything up. Next year's actual summer season has more than enough high-profile movies on its own.

Then isn't it obvious that the only logical solution is to just have Baumer change this to 'Baumer's all year round game.'  

Pre season is in December where we choose everything for the entire year with 52 weeks of questions, 45 SOTMs and more. Then the following December he posts the next year's preseasons whilst finishing off the final rounds of the year before.

Is Simples

• Like 5

• Founder / Operator

I think it would be interesting to see the game (perhaps the winter version) take on a format that leaves about two-thirds of the points in the hands of the top 10/12/15 predictions (they accounted for roughly 25% this season). The remaining one-third would be divided between weekly questions (capped at X number of points every single week) and SOTMs (also capped). That may seem too bare bones or uniform, though, and perhaps not as fun as what people have come to expect from the game.

• Like 2

I think by now those of u who have played for a while know this by now:I really am an agent of chaos. When the joker tells Harvey that hes like a dog chasing a car thats me and this game. It could be run a lot better, the point system can be more thought out and so on and so on. But theres a certain charm to this game because its so chaotic. I do try every year to make it better and i add categories that players want but this game will ALWAYS be a work in progress and it will always be imperfect. But its been around for 6 yrs and its still the most played game here so I have to be doing something right.Thank u all for making it such a big part of the forums. Sincerely.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 7