Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Appears, with the uber-success of The Avengers and now Iron Man 3 as well, Marvel/Disney have fashioned something truly monumental. A bizarro blend of seemingly 2nd fiddle Marvel heroes in Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk featuring cinematic worlds with shades of Bond, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and, of course, superhero flicks of yesteryear. Audiences worldwide are lapping it up. I ask again, could the MCU have three consecutive $1B grossers? Really rooting for Thor 2 to make it happen.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

Skews them how? Because people here want to play with Friday-Sunday numbers only? I'm sure nobody in the industry cares since what they're looking at is the raw numbers for their films' openings.

If you don't give a shit about the details of box office discussion, why are you here?

you have to remember about Thor is that the first film was already in 3D. That means it likely won't have the same kind of jump IM3 is having. 1 billion seems like a ridiculous prediction

It was already in 3D but it was an unknown character no one cared about. That's no longer the case

you have to remember about Thor is that the first film was already in 3D. That means it likely won't have the same kind of jump IM3 is having. 1 billion seems like a ridiculous prediction

ARE YOU CRAZY!?The AVENGERS EFFECT!!!

I felt that way about TA.

blasphemy! ;)

that movie has crazy repeat values, i watched it at least twice this week and the jokes are still priceless , the score still gives me all kinds of feels when you see all the avengers together! 

ok ok you have a right to feel that way, i'm sorry you didnt feel more, but can't win them all now...

If TDW does have a huge jump from the first that would be the ultimate proof that the Avengers effect applies (as if it hasn't already).

I think the effect is real, I'm just hoping its effect is not overstated.

blasphemy! ;) that movie has crazy repeat values, i watched it at least twice this week and the jokes are still priceless , the score still gives me all kinds of feels when you see all the avengers together! ok ok you have a right to feel that way, i'm sorry you didnt feel more, but can't win them all now...

I liked it, just didn't do much for me.

Thor 2 is going to be big. Tom Hiddleston is hot, The Avengers happened, Tom Hiddleston is delicious, the Hemsworths are A-listers now, Tom Hiddleston is beloved by all.... It's all set up for breaking out BIG time.

• Like 1

Thor 2 of course has both two.

thor 2 has LOKI nuff said!who in a moment of introspection will think back on what happened at stark tower in NY with his green nemesis!

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1