Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Can someone answer this please -- is the credits scene worth sitting through 5 minutes of credits for? Is it significance or just witty banter. Im going with family and I dont want them to have to sit and wait just for a convo

I predict tweetpic analysis will be a legitimate form of box office projecting in a couple years.

Nah. But I certainly prefer it to the endless debates on the merits of Marvel vs. Nolan in every thread, lol.

• Like 2

Can someone answer this please -- is the credits scene worth sitting through 5 minutes of credits for? Is it significance or just witty banter. Im going with family and I dont want them to have to sit and wait just for a convo

Not really. It's just a joke

Hey, I said I knew I was in the minority... Just didn't find Rises even remotely compelling. I did like the structure of Begins and I loved Nolan and Ledger's take on The Joker. Aside from that, trilogy left me flat. I recall having a laughing a tantrum when Alfred and Bruce "broke up" and Caine balled like a child. It reminded me of Coogan's Caine impersonation and set me off. I had to leave the theater to compose myself. Then, I felt kind of guilty and hoped I didn't ruin the moment for some of the patrons sitting near me.

I know, just messing with ya. There's a pretty clear divide here and we can't all like the same things all the time.
  • Like 2

It's only convo. Not plot related for future movies. 

If you want it spoiled so you can decide for yourself: (it's really not significant plotwise)

The movie starts and ends with Tony's narration. The after credits scene reveals that the narration was him telling the story to Bruce Banner, who has fallen asleep

Just witty banter for the Ruffalo Hulk and Tony/Bruce fans. I did not stay back for it the second time I went for the movie coz the new group I was with would have surely yelled, "You made us stay back for

this?!?". 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

If you want it spoiled so you can decide for yourself: (it's really not significant plotwise)

The movie starts and ends with Tony's narration. The after credits scene reveals that the narration was him telling the story to Bruce Banner, who has fallen asleep

The after credit scene is hilarious, when

Bruce said that he's not that kind of doctor, he doesn't have the right "temperament" my theater just literally ROFL. Seriously, understatement of the century right there

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

• Like 3

Hey, I said I knew I was in the minority... Just didn't find Rises even remotely compelling. I did like the structure of Begins and I loved Nolan and Ledger's take on The Joker. Aside from that, trilogy left me flat. I recall having a laughing a tantrum when Alfred and Bruce "broke up" and Caine balled like a child. It reminded me of Coogan's Caine impersonation and set me off. I had to leave the theater to compose myself. Then, I felt kind of guilty and hoped I didn't ruin the moment for some of the patrons sitting near me.

Well, I'm in that minority with you. Begins was decent enough if you overlook all of the lapses in logic, but it was nowhere near the classic fans make it out to be. I wasn't impressed with TDK at all and I found TDKR ridiculous. Bane is the character I laughed at. Tom Hardy was too doughy to be physically intimidating and his voice is ridiculous. It's like he was thinking, "What if Jeeves became a jacked up thug?" when he came up with his ludicrous lilting delivery. Bane's stadium speech always makes me laugh, even more than the spot-on parodies on YouTube. During the back-breaking scene I kept looking for the wires that were obviously hoisting Bale up because the stunt coordinator and director did such a bad job of staging the scene. 

• Like 1

finally decided against going , will see how i feel tomorrow, but yeah still planning on seeing this 3 times , and only 3 times because i gotta save some dough to see star trek 5times  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

as much as i loveeee absolutely love tony stark, i've always been more of a space geek than a superhero geek!

• Like 1