baumer

Transformers Last Knight 5.5m in previews...WW 5.45 -37% from last Tuesday

47 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Here are some increases for films on the Tuesday after Father's Day (some comparisons for Wonder Woman and for Cars). Looks like Tuesday increases are generally muted. Wonder Woman's increase looks pretty typical given this, and likely impacted somewhat by Transformers previews. 

Increases on Tuesday post-Father’s Day

Captain America: Civil War: +9.2%

X-Men: Apocalypse: +15.1%

Avengers: Age of Ultron: +19.9%

Finding Dory: +18.5%

Inside Out: +24.3%

How To Train Your Dragon 2: +16.8%

Peace,

Mike

And expecting that non of those had to go up against a movie like t5 that has Tuesday previews this is an incredible hold in my book

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

one silver lining here, the crowd for TF5 spreading across 5 days could help WW to have lesser pressure than usual in this coming weekend, leading to another awesome hold

Saying this again, it may have an effect but it may not given the last weekend in June (that doesn't intersect with the 4th) is historically pretty slow.

4 minutes ago, PhantomX1313 said:

And expecting that non of those had to go up against a movie like t5 that has Tuesday previews this is an incredible hold in my book

Lol it's not incredible, come on guys not everything associated with WW has to be amazing or incredible etc etc. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

how the mighty have fallen. ROTF grossed 16.8m in midnights(after a 800K bump on monday bcos of infamous PR), TF3 did 13.5m with previews and midnights and TF4 did 8.8m. I think end is nigh for this franchise. 

I know that Paramount is desperate right now, but I honestly don't see how they're going to keep this franchise alive unless they lower the budget, with the next movie looking at a sub-$100m total DOM, and OS decreasing even more. China alone can't save a franchise that cost $220m+, their "great" plan of pulling a new TF movie every year will just make things worse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol it's not incredible, come on guys not everything associated with WW has to be amazing or incredible etc etc. 

You sound so salty every single time you talk about Wonder Woman's run.

• Like 8

Huh, I've been very bearish on TF at the box office (and as an entity in general) but that's better than I expected looking at presales and reserved seating in my area. I mean, did anyone know this was coming out today? What a weird release date change - I post here and I just found that shit out like five days ago. Kinda feels like what happened last time the franchise did this.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Huh, I've been very bearish on TF at the box office (and as an entity in general) but that's better than I expected looking at presales and reserved seating in my area. I mean, did anyone know this was coming out today? What a weird release date change - I post here and I just found that shit out like five days ago. Kinda feels like what happened last time the franchise did this.

What I found interesting is that the exact same preview to 5-day weekend as Genisys would get it to 101M.  I don't see it going that high, but 90M for the 5-day wouldn't shock me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I know that Paramount is desperate right now, but I honestly don't see how they're going to keep this franchise alive unless they lower the budget, with the next movie looking at a sub-$100m total DOM, and OS decreasing even more. China alone can't save a franchise that cost $220m+, their "great" plan of pulling a new TF movie every year will just make things worse.

Yes

this movie will make more than enough to continue

they need to shake things up a bit with the next installment though 

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wonder Woman will start tracking above Deadpool in cumulative gross by Thursday or Friday and come out of the weekend with a roughly 7-10M lead on it. That would be something no one saw coming when the OW numbers came in.

C'mon Grim22...No one??  Really??  Man, I must not have bugged the boards enough for those weeks:)...

Good thing I'm on vacay, so I'm in a good mood:)...

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, PhantomX1313 said:

?

Transformers 5 will gross something like $70M to $80M over the 5-day and didn't even have previews in Canada yesterday. Honestly, I imagine a few of those movies had much, much stiffer competition. This ain't Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon or even Age of Extinction for that matter. It's like Guardians Vol. 2 going up a Pirates 5. Minimal impact. Next weekend, with Despicable Me 3 likely opening to $90M+ and the insanely positive buzz for Baby Driver, could prove more interesting.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

I'm terribad at extrapolating on five days. Unless there is a holiday directly interfering, I have no idea why they exist. Just open your movie on Friday. But anyway, that looks to me like 75-80 five day for TF5. I predicted 67 OW in the summer game, so kind of in line with those expectations. 

Also, get ready for DM3 to beat tracking IMO. Every few months my nieces and their little friends like to do a big "let's go to the movies!" trip with all the parents. Needless to say, they didn't even bother with Cars 3 because all they care about is Despicable Me. That shit is like The Last Jedi to people under 12. Marketing has stepped up, too. I can see it hitting over 100 tbh. There's room in the marketplace and most people are off that Monday.

• Like 4