baumer

Transformers Last Knight 5.5m in previews...WW 5.45 -37% from last Tuesday

Deep breaths, Han, deep breaths.

Ok.

So the family who got seats next to me finally showed up towards the end of the trailers. They're talking, and I'm like "blargh, this better not happen during the movie". During Lou, the theater was dead silent except for them because the parents are too busy explaining the morals of the short to them. Lou is a beautiful short, but it was hard to focus with them yammering. Their young daughter also kept touching my armrest. About 5 minutes into the movie, I had enough and said to them "Excuse me, would you please stop talking? It's very distracting and hard to focus on the movie." The mother responds "Ok, sorry." and a few seconds later the dad tells me "This is a kids movie." I respond, "I understand, but that doesn't give you the right to talk because other people are trying to watch the movie." So a few minutes pass, and they're still talking every now and then, albeit a little quieter. Well, apparently the dad went to "report me" to the staff during that time. He comes over to my seat and says "Just so you know, I reported you to the staff. One day you'll become a man and understand this."

WHAT.

THE. 

FLYING.

FUCK.

I started raising my voice and went "EXCUSE ME?" and then he starts acting all innocent and shushes me. BUDDY, FUCK YOU! I stormed out of the auditorium, went over to concessions, and asked for a refund. I had to collect myself and asked exactly what he meant by reporting. Apparently he just told them his kids were being noisy and told them that I asked them to be quiet. Wow, that's totally lamer than I anticipated. As I wait for the manager to arrive, the father comes out from the auditorium and says "Hey man, I just wanted to apologize about my kids. I'm a veteran and I've worked with people like you, so I totally understand how you feel. Kids are just gonna be kids, man." WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? PEOPLE LIKE ME? DON'T FUCKING USE THE VETERAN CARD YOU PATHETIC ASS; CONTROL YOUR KIDS! The manager comes over, so I stopped talking to him and talked with her about the situation. We went over to the cash register where I got a refund and an extra free ticket. 

The world is wrong.

• Like 18
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ok.

So the family who got seats next to me finally showed up towards the end of the trailers. They're talking, and I'm like "blargh, this better not happen during the movie". During Lou, the theater was dead silent except for them because the parents are too busy explaining the morals of the short to them. Lou is a beautiful short, but it was hard to focus with them yammering. Their young daughter also kept touching my armrest. About 5 minutes into the movie, I had enough and said to them "Excuse me, would you please stop talking? It's very distracting and hard to focus on the movie." The mother responds "Ok, sorry." and a few seconds later the dad tells me "This is a kids movie." I respond, "I understand, but that doesn't give you the right to talk because other people are trying to watch the movie." So a few minutes pass, and they're still talking every now and then, albeit a little quieter. Well, apparently the dad went to "report me" to the staff during that time. He comes over to my seat and says "Just so you know, I reported you to the staff. One day you'll become a man and understand this."

WHAT.

THE. 

FLYING.

FUCK.

I started raising my voice and went "EXCUSE ME?" and then he starts acting all innocent and shushes me. BUDDY, FUCK YOU! I stormed out of the auditorium, went over to concessions, and asked for a refund. I had to collect myself and asked exactly what he meant by reporting. Apparently he just told them his kids were being noisy and told them that I asked them to be quiet. Wow, that's totally lamer than I anticipated. As I wait for the manager to arrive, the father comes out from the auditorium and says "Hey man, I just wanted to apologize about my kids. I'm a veteran and I've worked with people like you, so I totally understand how you feel. Kids are just gonna be kids, man." WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? PEOPLE LIKE ME? DON'T FUCKING USE THE VETERAN CARD YOU PATHETIC ASS; CONTROL YOUR KIDS! The manager comes over, so I stopped talking to him and talked with her about the situation. We went over to the cash register where I got a refund and an extra free ticket. 

The world is wrong.

Fucking bad parents.  Teach your kids right from wrong...you don't talk during the movie.....PERIOD!  I would have been livid too, wrathofHan.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Guess who's got a date to Baby Driver??? To be honest I'm more excited for that than prom

The good thing about both by the end of the thing, you'll get a ride. :redcapes:

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ok.

WHAT.

THE. 

FLYING.

FUCK.

The world is wrong.

I can't get over the fact that he went to report you by telling the theater that you told his kids to be quiet during the movie. I just want to see the theater worker's face during that whole exchange. 

Like thanks for reporting the guy that's enforcing the theater rules....now tell your kids to be quiet before someone else complains and we have to give them a refund too. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I'm kinda on the dad's side here. :ph34r: At least, I sympathize with him.

Don't defend his actions, Tele. The theater is not your own personal screening unless nobody else is in the theater with you. I know you're a father and can relate to his struggles of controlling kids, but you know better than to take loud kids to the theater :lol: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I'm kinda on the dad's side here. :ph34r: At least, I sympathize with him.

All due respect, I don't understand how you can.  The theater is not the place to talk.  That's what home video is for.  I get irritated when people talk in the theater, it's no different than using your cell phone during the movie.

• Like 1

If the father talks to his kids, someone else talks on his phone, others talk to their spouses and so on, then the entire theater is basically talking.  And that's not right.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

My day is completely fucked and ruined. I would get drunk off bad beer but I've had my Invisalign out for too long today :sadben: 

Since today seems to be the day of reporting Han, can I report Han for this post? 

His whole day got ruined by a bunch of kids talking in a theater so he needs to drink but he can't so he is complaining about not being able to drink beer because he's had his Invisalign out too long

I think this post warrants a forum ban if you ask me. 

Just now, Nova said:

Since today seems to be the day of reporting Han, can I report Han for this post? 

His whole day got ruined by a bunch of kids talking in a theater so he needs to drink but he can't so he is complaining about not being able to drink beer because he's had his Invisalign out too long

I think this post warrants a forum ban if you ask me. 

Man, my mind is raging right now. Does Tylenol or Ibuprofen calm you down? Any doctors here to help get my mind off this? :kitschjob: 

I wonder how Wednesday will play with these muted Tuesday increases.  Trans5mers is also having a full day though so I can still see some harsh drops for the holdovers.

I think WW rebounds Thursday or Friday.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Man, my mind is raging right now. Does Tylenol or Ibuprofen calm you down? Any doctors here to help get my mind off this? :kitschjob: 

Just be Elle from Frozen....let it go.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just let it go. No need to take any medication or drink. It's just a movie and you got your refund plus a free ticket. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Plan on being one and I have some medical experience. I'd advise on letting it go.

Edited by YourMother