baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

I have to be honest, I am very busy this year.  Work has me out and about sometimes 14 hours a day and when I get home I'm pretty beat.  Sounds funny...how can driving a bus make you so tired?  Good question.  I'm not sure but it does.

I wrestled with the thought that I might skip this year or just let Chas do it, since he already runs a better more smooth winter game than I ever could.  

83c919267c667968c5ffc26621a2f62a.jpg

But then the sun came out, I saw trailers for Terminator, Fast 7, San Andreas and a Spy.  Suddenly my summer time juices kicked into high gear and I just said, "Fuck YEA!!  and then "MOTHER DICK".  For the Walking Dead fans out there, you know what mother dick is...for those who are not, you should be.  So now season 8 is a go.  

San-Andreas-Movie-Official-Trailer-2-201

I'll have more details up soon.  I'll have some more changes this summer and this could possibly have the biggest payout in the history of the games  I won't commit to that just yet.  But if everything goes well at work.....well....we'll have to see.

The best thing about this thread and the game is that summer is almost here.......  'splosions, snappy one liners.....beautiful people, no plot, comedy and so much more.  I love the summer movie!!!

More later.

(link to Chasmmi's template here: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/18163-baumers-summer-game-starts-may-1st-main-giant-post-pg-6-and-pg-1announcemnt25-questions-pg-8/?p=1964280)

I strongly suggest you read them and if you have any questions, please let me know. For those of you who have never played, there are some difficult questions. There are some dangerous questions. You can rewarded for bravery in this game, but there is also a very fine line between bravery and stupidity. Please read the last two questions very carefully.

Here are the films listed as wide this year...only these films count for top 15 and preseason.

This will be posted on the first page as well.

Here are all the films that qualify as wide releases for this summer.

Pain and Gain
The Big Wedding
Iron Man 3
The Great Gatsby
Tyler Perry's Peeples
Star Trek Into Darkness
Epic
Fast and Furious
Hangover III
After Earth 
Now You See Me
The Internship
The Purge
Man of Steel
This is the End
Monster's University
WWZ
The Heat
White House Down
Despicable Me 2
Pacific Rim
The Lone Ranger
Grown Ups 2
The Conjuring
RIPD
Red 2
Turbo
The Wolverine
2 Guns
300 Rise of an Empire
The Smurfs 2
Elysium
Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters
Planes
We're the Millers
Kick Ass 2
Paranoia
To Do List

Here is the thread. This is the same piece that is on the first page.

HERE WE GO!!

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL BAUMER'S SUMMER GAME 2015! This is the 8th Annual Summer Game:

THE GAME:

Hello fellow BOF'ers. Welcome the EIGHTH annual BAUMER'S SUMMER GAME. This game has grown from its humble beginnings where we had about 25 people play in year one.  It kept growing every year and it even got to be somewhat known in entertainment circles.  Steve Mason spoke to me on Facebook years back and said he knew of me, baumer, because of the summer game on boxofficemojo.  A couple of years ago, Brad Fuller, Platinum Dunes producer, sent me an autographed Friday the 13th T-shirt as a prize for the game.  I subsequently kept it...sorry.   :)  Chas runs a very successful game in the winter and he and jajang are instrumental in helping me with scoring at the end and LAguy does his thing better than anyone.  I created this game but it is as popular as it is because of help from these fine individuals and because of you guys.  I am so grateful to everyone to come here time and time again, year after year.  Thank you so much.

This is a four month game that begins this year on FRIDAY MAY 1ST with the release of Avengers Age of Ultron and culminates on Monday September the 7TH. This means the last weekend of the game will be Labour Day weekend and the grosses will count up to and including Monday the 7TH.

Now before we get started, a word of advice to those who have never played.  This is a long game.  It is a lot of fun but it can also be very frustrating.  You can be so far back in the standings and look like there is no hope.  Please don't give up.  The weekly questions and Spur of the Moment questions make up a bulk of the INITIAL points.  But this game was designed to reward your prediction skills.  And that is not going to change as long as I am running this game.  I will do my best this year to make the points more balanced.  But I can't promise that they will be.  Preseason predictions have always skewed the game.  So if you can predict better than the others, chances are you will do extremely well in this game.  

This year we will be predicting the top 15 domestic films of the summer. These predictions are due by Thursday April 30th at 6pm forums time. You will post your predictions in this thread. There are no pm's. Everyone'S predictions are here for everyone to see. Nothing to hide. What this means is that if you are influenced by others and you want to copy what they think, that is up to you. But this game is won or lost over many different elements. Every element is important. If you target one player and copy their top 15 and they have a few bad calls, you will do the same. My advice to everyone is to be yourself. You have a month to analyze the films coming out this summer. Use that month to read up on and study the films slated for release this summer. It's a lot of work, no doubt. But the fun of the game is your reward.  

*** Please remember that your top 15 films can only be chosen from May 1st to Friday August 14th.  The reason for this is that the chance of any film coming out after this date, making the top 15 is very slim.  So when you look at the films coming out on August 14th, those will be the very last films that can make your list.  I'll have a complete list of films that qualify for the game later on in the post.***

The second and biggest part of the game is that every week I put up "bonus questions" that are worth 15,000 points every week. There will also be bonus points each week rewarded for several different accuracy measures. You will experience this as the game goes on. There are several weeks with bigger releases that the points available could total up to 50,000 points or more. I decide if the week will be worth 15,000 points, 50,000 points or anywhere in between. Generally the weekly questions will be worth 15,000 plus a few other bonus points.  But for example on a week where there is a major tentpole being released like Avengers, the points available will be much much more.

There will also be SOTM (SPUR OF THE MOMENT QUESTIONS) asked every once in a while. These literally are spur of the moment questions. I don't have a set amount as to how many there will be, but they will be worth no more than 12,000 points each. Again, there will be some stipulations, and very few mind you, where some special ones may go as high as 17,000. To make this fair and transparent, I'll promise that this year, no more than FIVE SOTM QUESTIONS WILL BE WORTH 17,000. The rest will stay at 12,000. The SOTM questions can change the balance of the game, no doubt, but they are also a staple of this game and although they create some controversy, they will remain. The reason for this is that I like them.

A typical looking SOTM scoring scheme will look like this:

Tell me, will The Avengers have a second Friday of more than 30 mill?

12,000 if you get it right.
-7000 if you get it wrong.
2000 if you choose not to answer the question (abstain).

Here's how the game will work. AND PLEASE READ VERY VERY CAREFULLY. And if you have any questions, ask me because once the game starts, you must abide by STRICT deadlines. If you miss a deadline on any question, you absolutely, unequivocally will not qualify for that question. So if i ask that a SOTM question be answered by 4pm on July 6th, and your answer is submitted or edited after that time, you will be disqualified from that question. I will rule on this without passion or prejudice. IT WILL BE STRICT. I hope everyone understands this. To be even more clear, THIS YEAR, I WILL FOLLOW THE DEADLINES TO A FAULT. I FEEL THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE ABSOLUTELY FAIR WITH EVERYONE. CONSIDER THE DEADLINE TO BE JUST LIKE A TIMER ON A COMPUTER. WHEN IT RUNS OUT, YOUR TIME RUNS OUT.....JUST LIKE THE DERBY BACK IN THE DAY. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH GUYS. THIS YEAR, IT WILL BE STRICT.

To qualify for the prizes, you have to be in this game from the beginning. You must have your predictions in Thursday April 30th at 6pm.
If you are in a different time zone, it is your responsibility to figure out the conversion.

NOW PAY ATTENTION HERE: Here is the game structure and all that is involved. For those of you who have played before, you will notice some significant changes. As I mentioned, I am taking some of your suggestions and incorporating it into the game.

This year, you have to predict the top 15 films of the summer instead of the top 12. That means you have to tell me, in order, what the top 15 films, by gross, will be for the summer. We started this last year and even though it is more work, I like the number 15.

For example, if you think Fantastic 4 will finish 1st with 450 million dollars, you would put that 1st. If you think Spy finishes 2nd with 400 mill you put that and so on.

Here is an example of what your top 15 would have to look like:

1) White House Down: 485 mill
2) Monster's University: 420 mill
3) Despicablew Me 2: 215 mill
4) The Lone Ranger: 199.9 mill
5) Iron Man 3: 185 mill
6) Pacific Rim: 165 mill
7) The Heat: 164 mill
8) Red 2: 160 mill
9) Grown Ups 2: 137
10) Turbo: 125
11) Man of Steel: 125
12) RIPD: 115
13) Wolverine: 114
14) The Conjuring: 110
15) Blue Jasmine 95

This is just a sample of what you need to do. Tell me, in order with the gross, what films will finish top 15 for the summer.

POINT SYSTEM: The point system will be very similar to last year, but with a few changes. You will rewarded even more for accuracy. This is something you asked for. I listened.

For every film you call correctly in the top 15, in any order, you will get 15,000 points. For every film you call in the exact spot, you will get 25,000 points (total). So you must think this out thoroughly. You will also lose 10,000 points for every film in the top 15 that you call incorrectly. So, for example, if say Straight Oughtta Compton will be in the top 15 and it misses, you will lose 10,000 points (PLUS whatever you miss the gross by).

And one more caveat to this is the double whammy rule. If you call a film to hit the top 15 and it misses, you will lose points for missing the top 15 and you will lose points if the gross misses by more than the 40 million allotted to you. If however you call a film incorrectly in the top 15 but you are within the 40 million, YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT FOR THOSE POINTS. This is a rule that was finally enforced last year and it will stay going forward.
Back to the scoring.

If you are able to call the top three positions right, in order, regardless of the gross, you will get a 75,000 point bonus.

If you are able to call the top four positions right, in order, regardless of the gross, you will get a 150,000 point bonus.

If you can call the top five positions right, in order, regardless of gross, you will get a 300,000 point bonus.

If you are a genius and can call 10 right, in order, regardless of gross, you will get a 750,000 point bonus and basically win the game.

If you can call 12 right in order, you get a million bonus points. This is impossible so don't worry.

If you can call all 15 right, in order, you will get a two million point bonus.  No one has ever gotten 12 right in order, so this bonus is extremely difficult to achieve.

As a side note, in the Five previous years in this game, no one has called the top five correct yet.

Now, because I personally think this year's positions are going to be harder than last year to predict, I'm going to have more reward for prediction placement correctly.

Call SPOTS 2-4 correct, regardless of order, and receive a 150,000 point bonus.

Call spots 5-6-7 correct, regardless of order and get a 200,000 point bonus

More bonus:

Call 10 or 11 of the 15 films correctly, regardless of the order, and receive a 250,000 point bonus.

Call 12 of the top 15 correct, regardless of order, receive a 300,000 point bonus.

If you can call 13 films correct, regardless of the order and you will receive a 400,000 point bonus.

Call 14 films correct, regardless of the order, and get a 600,000 point bonus.

Call all 15 correct, regardless of order, and you get a million point bonus

This does not eliminate the bonus points originally mentioned, it will just add to them.

Keep in mind, this game was born from calling the summer films accurately. This is why there is such a premium put on your preseason predictions.

So even if you are not doing so well with the bonus points, a huuuuuuge premium is put on calling the films in the right order, so do your research.

There is also points for being accurate in the gross you choose for the films.  

For the gross that you predict, for every film that you call within 20 mill, you will get 10,000 points. If you call it within 30 mill, you get 5000 bonus points. If you miss the films gross by 30.01-40 mill you will not lose any points. From 40.01 to 60 mill you lose 5000 points. For every 20 mill you miss after the first 60 mill, you will lose 1000 points per 20 mill. Even if you miss the gross by 61 mill, that extra 1 mill will cause you to lose a full 1000 points.

For even more of an accuracy bonus, if you can call any film within 5 million of the actual gross, you will receive a bonus of 20,000. If you can call the gross within 2 million, you get a bonus of 25,000.

Predicting the top 15 and their gross is very, very difficult, especially since you have to have this in before the game starts. ONCE YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE IN, YOU CANNOT CHANGE THEM once the thread is locked. 

By popular demand and because we have a huge contingent of international players, I'm going to have an international flavour to game also.

Because international numbers are so important, we cannot ignore the overseas gross.  And we will not.
International Flair #1:

Tell me what the WW top 10 of the summer will be. The point structure will be as follows:

Every film you call in the top 10 correct, you get 15,000 points. If you call the top 3 spots in order, you get a bonus of 100,000. If you can call the top 5 in order you will get a 250,000 point bonus. If you can call between the top 8 in order, a bonus of 400,000 and if you can call the top 10 WW films in order you will get you a bonus of 750,000.

Call the gross correct within 50 mill: 20,000 points
Call the gross within 50.1 mill to 75 mill 10,000 pts
Call the gross within 75.1 to 100 mill 5000 pts.

Miss the WW gross by more than 150 mill and you lose 20,000 points. I am giving you a buffer this year of 75 mill. 

If you call a film in the top 10 that doesn't appear in the top WW top 10, you will lose 15,000 points.

International Flair #2:

What five films will have the best weekends World Wide? I realize some films open day and date, and others do not. This is why it is now just best weekend.  And to avoid more confusion, the weekend will include any numbers the film makes from the time it opens during that week.  So if a film opens on a Wednesday, and all of that gross is reported as the opening gross, it will count.

For every film in the top 5 you call correctly, you get 25,000 points.
For every film you call incorrectly, you lose 10,000 points.
If you call 3 of the top 5 correctly, regardless of order, you get a 20,000 point bonus.
If you call all 5 correctly, regardless of order, you get a 75,000 point bonus

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

Tell me what films will finish with the 5 best opening weekends domestically. Opening weekends will include any money made on Thursday sneaks.  One caveat to this is that if a film changes it's release date, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. So for example, if Jurassic World suddenly decides that it wants to open on a Wednesday, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. There will be no exceptions to this.

Scoring for best opening weekends:

For every film you call correctly in the top five, regardless of order, you will receive 15,000 points. For every film you call in the exact spot it opens, you will get 25,000 points. If you are able to call 3 of the 5 correctly, you will receive a 75,000 point bonus. Call all five correctly, you get a 250,000 point bonus. For every film you call incorrectly in the top 5, you lose 10,000 points.

And finally, because it went over pretty well last year I am going to have a 5 lowest grossing films of the summer bonus.

You pick the 5 lowest grossing films of the summer. You can only choose films that are listed on boxofficemojo as WIDE. So for a film to qualify for the bottom 5 grossing films of the summer, please make sure that it is listed as wide as of April 26th. Once that date has passed, I will then list all films here that are listed as wide.

And remember the lowest grossing films can only be released up until August 14th.

For every film that makes the bottom 5 that you call correctly, you will receive 20,000. If you can call 4 of 5 right, you get a 50,000 bonus. If you call all 5 right, you get a 150,000 point bonus. There are no deduction of points for wrong answers. This is 100% bonus for you.

I had a blast running this last year and it will be just as much fun this year. I hope all of you participate. The three winners last year were incredibly accurate and I expect nothing less this year.

This thread will be the thread where the summer game discussion will take place up until the opening of the game. After April 26th, I will lock this.. Once the game starts, there will be a whole new forum opened where we will post our weekly answers and so on. More on this later as the information becomes available.

One final thing:

I score this game by myself. There is no magic program to determine points, so sometimes points might not be done right on time. I work a lot of overtime and am busy with life, so sometimes you will have to be patient with me while i score the game. I do have some help this year with excel programs and so on so it should be much more accurate. If you have a discrepancy with scoring please pm me, be nice and don't post it in the thread. Thanks.

PRIZES: ALL IN CANADIAN CURRENCY (the payout of cash or certificate will be your choice)

There should be three prize amounts this year for top three finishes.  But this will be determined later in the summer.  

You have almost 4 weeks to do your research, post your top 15 and get ready for a lot of fun this summer!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

I like what Chas did in his winter game, it makes it so much easier for scoring.  So if you use this template below...in other words, if you copy the questions and then put the answer beside the question, you get a 25,000 point bonus to start.  If you do not use the right template, and just put in your answers, I'm deducting you 25,000 points.  You have no idea how hard it is to score these questions when the template is not copied.

HERE ARE YOUR FIRST PRE SEASON BONUS QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ANSWERED BEFORE THURSDAY APRIL 30TH AT 6PM.

THESE WILL BE WORTH A TOTAL OF 15,000 POSSIBLE POINTS.
15,000 IF CORRECT
-5000 IF INCORRECT
3000 FOR TELLING ME THAT YOU ARE ABSTAINING

Tell me, of these four films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these four films can you choose from.

1) Trainwreck
2) Southpaw
3) Aloha
4) The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10,000 Tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 5000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.

Second Bonus Question:

Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer: Only these five films.

1) Masterminds
2) Fantastic Four
3) Terminator Genisys
4) Magic Mike XXL

For 10,000 POSSIBLE bonus points, tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 10,000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.

Third Bonus Question:

Tell me, of these five films, which will be the highest grossing INTERNAtIONALLY (NOT WW, ONLY INTERNATIONALLY....ALL FIGURES ACCORDING TO BOXOFFICEMOJO.COM)?

1) Terminator Genisys
2) San Andreas
3) Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
4) Ted 2
5) Mad Max

For 15,000 bonus points, call the correct film within 25 mill.

TRIPLE BONUS

Here are your 16 bonus questions that have to be answered before the start date.

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only)
Answer it correctly: 15,000 points
Answer it incorrectly: lose 8000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.

Question 3: Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 280 million? (THIS WILL INCLUDE ANY 5 DAY WEEKENDS. WHATEVER IS REPORTED FOR THE ACTUALS ON MONDAY EVENING WILL BE THE NUMBER WE GO BY). But the weekend has to fall within the summer game dates.

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 5000 points.

Question 4: Will any film make more than 51.5 million this summer in Australia?

Answer it correctly: 15000 points

Question 5: Will at least two films make more than 55 million dollars this summer in the UK box office?

Answer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 5000 points.

Question 6: Will any film besides Avengers make more than 150 million in CHINA this summer?

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.

Question 7: Will at least 2 films make at least a billion mill WW this summer?

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.

Question 8: Will at least 5 films, listed as a comedy (could be sci-fi comedy...horror comedy...must have comedy listed somewhere in the genre ) by Box Office Mojo, make more than 120 million dollars this summer?

Question 9: Will at least 3 action films released after May, have a WW gross of more than 500 million?

Question 10: Which combination of films will make more money domestically?

1) Terminator, Spy, Jurassic World
2) Entourage, Spy, Hot Pursuit, Poltergeist
3) Minions, Insidious 3, Self/Less, Straight Oughtta Compton

4) Avengers first ten days, Mafgic Mike XXL

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 5000 points) 3000 points.

Question 11: Will any two films make more than 40 million in Russia this summer?

Question 12:

Will the top two films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 2 spots add up to more than slots 3-7.

Question 13:

Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 47.5%?

Question 14:

Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill.

Answer it correctly: 25,000 points
Answer it incorrectly: lose 15,000 points
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 15,000 points) 5000 points.

Question 15:

Will Minions outgross Avengers in at least two of these regions this summer? 

France
Netherlands

Venezuela

Hungary

Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 15,000 points) 5000 points.

PLAYERS:

There may be more preseason bonus questions added before the start of the game. It is doubtful, but I hold the right to add a question if it seems right.

The Ron Jeremy of all bonus questions

This is a four parter:

1) Will Avengers make at least 600 million domestically?
2) Will Avengers make more than a billion internationally?
3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews
4)) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW?

Scoring: All questions you answer correctly are worth 7000 points. You can go for as many as you like.

Here is the catch: Every answer you call incorrectly you lose 10,000 points.

There are no points for abstaining, with one caveat down below. ***

Even more bonus and more treachery:

If you go 4/4 you get a 28,000 point bonus. So this means you will get a total of 56,000 points for this question (7000X4 plus 28,000 point bonus)

However, if you go for all 4 you must get all four correct. If you get even one incorrect, you will lose 20,000 points. So what this means is, if you go for all four and even if you get 3/4 correct, not only will you NOT get the 11,000 but you will lose a full 15,000 points.

This question is worth a lot of points for those ballsy enough to go for all 4, but it will kick your ass if you get too cocky. PLEASE READ THIS ONE CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND IT FULLY. IF YOU DO NOT, THEN ASK ME. ONCE THE GAME STARTS, CLAIMING YOU DIDN'T READ IT RIGHT WILL NOT BE AN EXCUSE.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU GO FOR ALL FOUR QUESTIONS, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST GET ALL FOUR RIGHT IN ORDER TO GET POINTS.

Remember, you don't have to answer any of them. Or you can answer as little as you want. It's totally up to you.

You can choose to go for as many or as little as you want.

***CAVEAT***

If you choose to abstain from all 4, you will get 5000 for doing so.
You must tell me if you are abstaining.

NEW QUESTION:

This is a four part question. Again, you have choices.
Answer any part of the question. Each answer you get correct you will receive 7000 points. Each answer you get wrong, you will lose 7000 points. If you go for all four parts of the question, you must get all four parts correct. If you get even one wrong after going for it all, you will lose 7,000 points. You can go for all of it, none of it and some of it. Choice is yours.

17)  Note*** Jurassic World does not qualify for this question

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer?
Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill?
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%?
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill?

Get any question right: 7000
Get any question wrong: -7000
Abstain from all four questions: 5000
Go for all four, and get all four correct not only will you get the 28,000, you get a bonus of 28,000. But you must go for all four to qualify for the bonus

Double Secret Probation Bonus Question

Very simple, but very dangerous.

I'll give you a number, you tell me if Avengers will gross more or less than that number in said markets.

1) Russia:  42M

2) Germany:  31.5M

3) Portugal:  3M

4) China:  200M

If you go for this question, you must get all 4 correct.  This is not a partial question.  If you get at least 3 of the 4 correct, you will get 50,000.  If you choose to abstain from this question, you will lose 15,000 points.  If you go for the question and you do not get at least 3 or the 4 correct, you will lose 30,000 points.  Choose Wisely.

The "Hey maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked pal" question of debauchery.

Will Jurassic World and F7 combine to make more than Avengers in these markets?

1) Japan

2) United Kingdom

3) Columbia

4) Mexico

Each answer will be yes or no.  Nothing more.  You must get at least three correct.  Get three correct, get a bonus of 50,000, don't get three correct, lose 25,000, abstain, lose 10,000.

Any questions please let me know.

THESE BONUS QUESTIONS ARE DUE BY 6pm April 30th

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 12

TOP 15

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - 521M

2) Minions - 285M

3) Inside Out  - 225M

4) Jurassic World - 220M

5) Ant-Man - 201M

6) Mission Impossible 5 - 192M

7) Ted 2 - 175M

8) Pixels - 165M

9) Spy - 150M

10) F4ntastic - 149M

11) Terminator - 120M

12) Trainwreck - 110M

13) Magic Mike XXL - 102M

14) San Andreas - 95M

15) Pitch Perfect - 89M

TOP 5 OPENING WEEKENDS:

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - 201.2M

2) Jurassic World - 89.5M

3) Minions - 85.3M

4) Mission Impossible 5 - 74.3M

5) Ted 2 - 61.4M

TOP 10 WW

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - 1.62B

2) Jurassic World - 820M

3) Minions - 805M

4) Mission Impossible 5 - 780M

5) Inside Out - 616M

6) Pixels - 615M

7) Ant-Man - 575M

8) Ted 2 - 550M

9) F4antasic - 525M

10) San Andreas - 490M

TOP 5 WW WEEKENDS

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron 

2) Jurassic World

3) Minions 

4) Mission Impossible 5

5) Pixels 

TOP 5 LOWEST GROSSING WIDE RELEASES

1) The Outskirts

2) Before I wake

3) Dope

4) SouthPaw

5) Self/Less

HERE ARE YOUR FIRST PRE SEASON BONUS QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ANSWERED BEFORE THURSDAY APRIL 30TH AT 6PM.

15,000 IF CORRECT
-5000 IF INCORRECT

Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.

1) Trainwreck
2) Southpaw
3) She's Funny That Way
4) Aloha
5) The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Answer - SouthPaw - 17.23M

FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10,000 Tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 5000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.

Second Bonus Question:

Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer: Only these five films.

1) Masterminds
2) Fantastic Four
3) Terminator Genisys
4) Magic Mike XXL

Answer - Fantastic Four - 145M 

For 10,000 POSSIBLE bonus points, tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 10,000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.

Third Bonus Question:

Tell me, of these five films, which will be the highest grossing INTERNAtIONALLY (NOT WW, ONLY INTERNATIONALLY....ALL FIGURES ACCORDING TO BOXOFFICEMOJO.COM)?

1) Terminator Genisys
2) San Andreas
4) Ted 2
5) Mad Max

Answer - Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - 525M OS

TRIPLE BONUS

Here are your 16 bonus questions that have to be answered before the start date.

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only)

A- NO

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?
A- NO

Question 3: Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 280 million? (THIS WILL INCLUDE ANY 5 DAY WEEKENDS. WHATEVER IS REPORTED FOR THE ACTUALS ON MONDAY EVENING WILL BE THE NUMBER WE GO BY). But the weekend has to fall within the summer game dates.

A- YES

A- YES

Question 5: Will at least two films make more than 55 million dollars this summer in the UK box office?

A- YES

Question 6: Will any film besides Avengers make more than 150 million in CHINA this summer?

A - YES

A - NO

Question 8: Will at least 5 films, listed as a comedy (could be sci-fi comedy...horror comedy...must have comedy listed somewhere in the genre ) by Box Office Mojo, make more than 120 million dollars this summer?

A - NO

Question 9: Will at least 3 action films released after May, have a WW gross of more than 500 million?

A - NO

4) Avengers first ten days, Magic Mike XXL
Choose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 5000 points) 3000 points.

A - 4) Avengers first ten days, Magic Mike XXL

Question 11: Will any two films make more than 40 million in Russia this summer?
A - NO

Question 12:
Will the top two films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 2 spots add up to more than slots 3-7.
A- YES

Question 13:
Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 47.5%?
A - NO

Question 14:
Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill.

A - YES

Question 15:
France
Netherlands

Venezuela

Hungary

A- YES

PLAYERS:

There may be more preseason bonus questions added before the start of the game. It is doubtful, but I hold the right to add a question if it seems right.

This is a four parter:

1) Will Avengers make at least 600 million domestically? NO
2) Will Avengers make more than a billion internationally? YES
3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews YES
4)) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW? Abstain

Scoring: All questions you answer correctly are worth 7000 points. You can go for as many as you like.

If you go 4/4 you get a 28,000 point bonus. So this means you will get a total of 56,000 points for this question (7000X4 plus 28,000 point bonus)

However, if you go for all 4 you must get all four correct. If you get even one incorrect, you will lose 20,000 points. So what this means is, if you go for all four and even if you get 3/4 correct, not only will you NOT get the 11,000 but you will lose a full 15,000 points.

This question is worth a lot of points for those ballsy enough to go for all 4, but it will kick your ass if you get too cocky. PLEASE READ THIS ONE CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND IT FULLY. IF YOU DO NOT, THEN ASK ME. ONCE THE GAME STARTS, CLAIMING YOU DIDN'T READ IT RIGHT WILL NOT BE AN EXCUSE.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU GO FOR ALL FOUR QUESTIONS, YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST GET ALL FOUR RIGHT IN ORDER TO GET POINTS.

Remember, you don't have to answer any of them. Or you can answer as little as you want. It's totally up to you.

***CAVEAT***

NEW QUESTION:

Answer any part of the question. Each answer you get correct you will receive 7000 points. Each answer you get wrong, you will lose 7000 points. If you go for all four parts of the question, you must get all four parts correct. If you get even one wrong after going for it all, you will lose 7,000 points. You can go for all of it, none of it and some of it. Choice is yours.

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer? NO
Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill? NO
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%? Abstain
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill? YES

Go for all four, and get all four correct not only will you get the 28,000, you get a bonus of 28,000. But you must go for all four to qualify for the bonus

I'll give you a number, you tell me if Avengers will gross more or less than that number in said markets.

1) Russia:  42M - MORE

2) Germany:  31.5M MORE

3) Portugal:  3M MORE

4) China:  200M MORE

If you go for this question, you must get all 4 correct.  This is not a partial question.  If you get at least 3 of the 4 correct, you will get 50,000.  If you choose to abstain from this question, you will lose 15,000 points.  If you go for the question and you do not get at least 3 or the 4 correct, you will lose 30,000 points.  Choose Wisely.

The "Hey maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked pal" question of debauchery.

1) Japan - NO

2) United Kingdom - YES

3) Columbia - NO

4) Mexico - YES

Each answer will be yes or no.  Nothing more.  You must get at least three correct.  Get three correct, get a bonus of 50,000, don't get three correct, lose 25,000, abstain, lose 10,000.

As promised, here are your additional 20 25 questions for you.  I love this part of the game.    :)

For every question you get right, you receive 7000 points. For every question you get wrong, you lose 2000 points.  These are mandatory questions, there is no abstaining.  Any player who is in this game, who does not answer these questions, loses 50,000 points.  Do not forget to do these.  Remember grosses count from May 1st until September 7th.

All grosses come from boxofficemojo.com, all genres are determined by boxofficemojo.com.....so if I ask you a question about a romance, if that film is listed as a sci-fi/romance, then it will qualify as a romance.

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? You have a cushion of 1 film.  So if you are off by 1, you still get full points. 12

2) How many films will make a billion dollars this summer?  No cushion 1

3) What will the domestic total gross be for the top 3 horror films of the summer.  II don't want to see anything but a number in your answer.  Do not list the films.  Cushion of 50 mill 105M

4) How  many films will gross at least 40 million opening day?  No cushion Answer = 1

5) How many films will make at least 500 million internationally? cushion of 1. Answer = 3

6) Will Terminator Genisys and Pitch Perfect 2 and Insidious 3 combine to gross more than F7 domestically? NO

7) Will Ted 2 make more than Ted? NO

8) Will Tele love Mad Max and will baumer love Jurassic World?  You must answer both.  This is an honour system question.  I will tell you right now that I think i will love Jurassic World. YES

9) Will any film released in August gross 100 mill before the end of the game? YES

10) Will Self/Less make more than 40 million? NO

11) How many films will make at least 750 million WW?  1 cushion 3

12) How many films will make at least 30 million OD?  1 cushion 2

13) Will Magic Mike XXL have a bigger opening day than Terminator genisys? YES

14) Will Pan be one of the top 7 grossing films of the summer domestically? NO

15) Will Ant Man gross at least 500 mill WW? YES

16) Will any film gross 250 million in China? YES

17) Will any film have  a WW weekend of more than 300 million (Avengers will only count from the time the game starts)YES

18) Will Mission Impossible gross more than 200 million? NO

19) Will Vacation gross more than 70 million? NO

20) How many films will gross at least 305 million this summer?  2

21) Will Avengers gross more than the first one? NO

22) Will any film besides Avengers make 25 million in Spain? NO

23) Will any film besides Avengers make 65 million in the UK? YES

24) Will Entourage make 100 mill or more? NO

25) Will Avengers drop less than 55% second weekend? NO

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2

TOP 15

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - $565

2) Minions:  $285

3) Jurassic Park:  $265

4) Inside Out - $235M

5) Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation - $200M

6) Spy: - $165M

7) Ted 2 - $164.9M

8) Trainwreck: $156

9) Terminator: Genisys - $155M

10) San Andreas:  154.5

11) Pixels - $146M

12) Ant-Man - $141M

13) Pitch Perfect 2 - $130M

14) Mad Max - $129.9

15) Straight Oughta Compton: 100.5

TOP 5 OPENING WEEKENDS:

2) Jurassic World

3) Minions

4) Inside Out

5) Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation

TOP 10 WW

2) Minions

3) Jurassic World

4) Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

5) Terminator

6) Ted 2

7) Inside Out

8) San Andreas

9) Ant-Man

10) Fantastic Four

TOP 5 WW WEEKENDS

2) Jurassic World

3) Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation

4) Minions

5) Terminator: Genisys

1) The Outskirts

2) Underdogs

3) The D Train

4) Dope

5) Entourage

15,000 IF CORRECT

-5000 IF INCORRECT

Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from. (Aloha - $41.5M)

1) Trainwreck
2) Southpaw
4) Aloha

44.5M

Second Bonus Question:

Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer: Only these five films. (Terminator Genisys - $150M)

1) Masterminds
2) Fantastic Four
3) Terminator Genisys
4) Magic Mike XXL

Third Bonus Question:

Tell me, of these five films, which will be the highest grossing INTERNAtIONALLY (NOT WW, ONLY INTERNATIONALLY....ALL FIGURES ACCORDING TO BOXOFFICEMOJO.COM)? (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - $445M)

1) Terminator Genisys

2) San Andreas
4) Ted 2
5) Mad Max

TRIPLE BONUS

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only) NO

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day? NO

Question 3: Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 280 million? (THIS WILL INCLUDE ANY 5 DAY WEEKENDS. WHATEVER IS REPORTED FOR THE ACTUALS ON MONDAY EVENING WILL BE THE NUMBER WE GO BY). But the weekend has to fall within the summer game dates. YES

Question 4: Will any film make more than 51.5 million this summer in Australia? YES

Question 5: Will at least two films make more than 55 million dollars this summer in the UK box office? ABSTAIN

Question 6: Will any film besides Avengers make more than 150 million in CHINA this summer? YES

Question 7: Will at least 2 films make at least a billion WW this summer? NO

Question 8: Will at least 5 films, listed as a comedy (could be sci-fi comedy...horror comedy...must have comedy listed somewhere in the genre ) by Box Office Mojo, make more than 120 million dollars this summer? NO

Question 9: Will at least 3 action films released after May, have a WW gross of more than 500 million? ABSTAIN

Question 10: Which combination of films will make more money domestically? 1) Terminator, Spy, Jurassic World

Question 11: Will any two films make more than 40 million in Russia this summer? YES

Question 12: Will the top two films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 2 spots add up to more than slots 3-7. YES

Question 13: Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 47.5%? YES

Question 14: Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill. YES

Question 15: Will Minions outgross Avengers in at least two of these regions this summer? ABSTAIN

France
Netherlands

Venezuela

Hungary

PLAYERS:

This is a four parter:

1) Will Avengers make at least 600 million domestically? NO
2) Will Avengers make more than a billion internationally? YES
3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews? NO
4) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW? Abstain

***CAVEAT***

NEW QUESTION:

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer? ABSTAIN
Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill? YES
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%?  ABSTAIN
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill? YES

1) Russia:  42M MORE

2) Germany:  31.5M MORE

3) Portugal:  3M LESS

4) China:  200M MORE

1) Japan NO

2) United Kingdom YES

3) Columbia YES

4) Mexico YES

As promised, here are your additional 20 25 questions for you.  I love this part of the game.  

For every question you get right, you receive 7000 points. For every question you get wrong, you lose 2000 points. These are mandatory questions, there is no abstaining.  Any player who is in this game, who does not answer these questions, loses 50,000 points.  Do not forget to do these.  Remember grosses count from May 1st until September 7th.

All grosses come from boxofficemojo.com, all genres are determined by boxofficemojo.com.....so if I ask you a question about a romance, if that film is listed as a sci-fi/romance, then it will qualify as a romance.

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? You have a cushion of 1 film.  So if you are off by 1, you still get full points. 15

2) How many films will make a billion dollars this summer?  No cushion 1

3) What will the domestic total gross be for the top 3 horror films of the summer.  II don't want to see anything but a number in your answer.  Do not list the films.  Cushion of 50 mill $400M

4) How many films will gross at least 40 million opening day?  No cushion 2

5) How many films will make at least 500 million internationally? cushion of 1. 3

6) Will Terminator Genisys and Pitch Perfect 2 and Insidious 3 combine to gross more than F7 domestically? NO

7) Will Ted 2 make more than Ted? NO

8) Will Tele love Mad Max and will baumer love Jurassic World?  You must answer both.  This is an honour system question.  I will tell you right now that I think i will love Jurassic World. YES & YES

9) Will any film released in August gross 100 mill before the end of the game? YES

10) Will Self/Less make more than 40 million? NO

11) How many films will make at least 750 million WW? 1 cushion 4

12) How many films will make at least 30 million OD?  1 cushion 5

13) Will Magic Mike XXL have a bigger opening day than Terminator genisys? NO

14) Will Pan be one of the top 7 grossing films of the summer domestically? NO

15) Will Ant Man gross at least 500 mill WW? NO

16) Will any film gross 250 million in China? YES

17) Will any film have  a WW weekend of more than 300 million (Avengers will only count from the time the game starts) YES

18) Will Mission Impossible gross more than 200 million? YES

19) Will Vacation gross more than 70 million? YES

20) How many films will gross at least 305 million this summer? 2

21) Will Avengers gross more than the first one? NO

22) Will any film besides Avengers make 25 million in Spain? NO

23) Will any film besides Avengers make 65 million in the UK? YES

24) Will Entourage make 100 mill or more? NO

25) Will Avengers drop less than 55% second weekend? NO

Edited by baumer

Since I'm pretty new to the forum, can someone please explain how these season games work? :)

Everyone else is saying 'reserved' so I will too, I'll figure out what I'm signing up to later.

RESERVED

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

Since I'm pretty new to the forum, can someone please explain how these season games work? :)

I joined the Forums about the same time as you, so I'm not sure if there's a difference between the summer and winter games, but you can go to the Baumers Summer Game thread and find the rules and regulations for Chasmmis game this past winter.

Bottom line is you predict the box office :)

rocket-raccoon-samuel-l-jackson-thinks-m

TOP 15

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - $544m
2) Jurassic World - $295m
3) Minions - $278m
4) Inside Out - $247m
5) Ant-Man - $207m
6) Ted 2 - $205m
7) Mad Max: Fury Road - $176m
8) Spy - $167m
9) Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation - $165m
10) Pitch Perfect 2 - $158m
11) San Andreas - $150m
12) Fantastic Four - $145m
13) Trainwreck - $126m
14) Pixels - $125m
15) Tomorrowland - $124m

TOP 5 OPENING WEEKENDS:

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - $222.4m
2) Jurassic World - $97.3m
3) Minions - $81.1m
4) Ant-Man - $67.4m
5) Inside Out - $66.3m

TOP 10 WW

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - $1.683 billion
2) Jurassic World - $918m
3) Minions - $897m
4) Inside Out - $575m
5) Ted 2 - $516m
6) Ant-Man - $503m
7) Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - $494m
8) San Andreas - $480m
9) Mad Max: Fury Road - $450m
10) Tomorrowland - $385m

TOP 5 WW WEEKENDS

2) Minions
3) Jurassic World
4) Mission Impossible
5) Ant-Man

1) The Outskirts
2) Dope
3) The Gift
4) The Gallows
5) Underdogs

15,000 IF CORRECT
-5000 IF INCORRECT

Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.

1) Trainwreck
2) Southpaw - $31m
3) She's Funny That Way
4) Aloha

Second Bonus Question:

1) Masterminds
2) Fantastic Four - $145m
3) Terminator Genisys
4) Magic Mike XXL

Third Bonus Question:

1) Terminator Genisys
2) San Andreas
4) Ted 2
5) Mad Max

For 15,000 bonus points, call the correct film within 25 mill.

TRIPLE BONUS

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only) NO

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day? NO

Question 3: Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 280 million? (THIS WILL INCLUDE ANY 5 DAY WEEKENDS. WHATEVER IS REPORTED FOR THE ACTUALS ON MONDAY EVENING WILL BE THE NUMBER WE GO BY). But the weekend has to fall within the summer game dates. YES

Question 4: Will any film make more than 51.5 million this summer in Australia? NO

Question 5: Will at least two films make more than 55 million dollars this summer in the UK box office? YES

Question 6: Will any film besides Avengers make more than 150 million in CHINA this summer? YES

Question 7: Will at least 2 films make at least a billion mill WW this summer? NO

Question 8: Will at least 5 films, listed as a comedy (could be sci-fi comedy...horror comedy...must have comedy listed somewhere in the genre ) by Box Office Mojo, make more than 120 million dollars this summer? YES

Question 9: Will at least 3 action films released after May, have a WW gross of more than 500 million? YES

Question 11: Will any two films make more than 40 million in Russia this summer? NO

Question 12:

Will the top two films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 2 spots add up to more than slots 3-7. NO

Question 13:

Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 47.5%? YES

Question 14:

Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill. YES

Question 15:

Will Minions outgross Avengers in at least two of these regions this summer? YES

France
Netherlands
Venezuela
Hungary

PLAYERS:

This is a four parter:

3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews NO
4)) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW? NO

***CAVEAT***

NEW QUESTION:

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer? YES
Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill? YES
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%? NO
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill? YES

1) Russia:  42M NO
2) Germany:  31.5M NO
3) Portugal:  3M NO
4) China:  200M YES

1) Japan NO
2) United Kingdom YES
3) Columbia YES
4) Mexico YES

As promised, here are your additional 20 25 questions for you.  I love this part of the game.   :)

For every question you get right, you receive 7000 points. For every question you get wrong, you lose 2000 points.  These are mandatory questions, there is no abstaining.  Any player who is in this game, who does not answer these questions, loses 50,000 points.  Do not forget to do these.  Remember grosses count from May 1st until September 7th.

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? You have a cushion of 1 film.  So if you are off by 1, you still get full points. 19
2) How many films will make a billion dollars this summer?  No cushion One
3) What will the domestic total gross be for the top 3 horror films of the summer.  II don't want to see anything but a number in your answer.  Do not list the films.  Cushion of 50 mill $490m
4) How  many films will gross at least 40 million opening day?  No cushion Two
5) How many films will make at least 500 million internationally? cushion of 1. Three

6) Will Terminator Genisys and Pitch Perfect 2 and Insidious 3 combine to gross more than F7 domestically? YES
8) Will Tele love Mad Max and will baumer love Jurassic World?  You must answer both.  This is an honour system question.  I will tell you right now that I think i will love Jurassic World. YES and YES
9) Will any film released in August gross 100 mill before the end of the game? YES
10) Will Self/Less make more than 40 million? YES

11) How many films will make at least 750 million WW?  1 cushion Three
12) How many films will make at least 30 million OD?  1 cushion Three
13) Will Magic Mike XXL have a bigger opening day than Terminator genisys? NO
15) Will Ant Man gross at least 500 mill WW? NO

17) Will any film have  a WW weekend of more than 300 million (Avengers will only count from the time the game starts) YES
18) Will Mission Impossible gross more than 200 million? NO
19) Will Vacation gross more than 70 million? YES
20) How many films will gross at least 305 million this summer? One

23) Will any film besides Avengers make 65 million in the UK? YES
Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 2

I played for shit last year, but sure, what the hell.

DOM Top 15
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron 518m
2. Minions 292m
3. Inside Out 276m
4. Jurassic World 231m
5. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation 206m
6. Mad Max Fury Road 183m
7. Ant-Man 176m
8. Spy 157m
9. Fantastic Four 149m
10. Pixels 145m
11. Terminator Geneisys 141m
12. Tomorrowland 139m
13. Ted 2 132m
14. Pitch Perfect 2 128m
15. San Andreas 104m

WW Top 10
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron 1570m
2. Jurassic World 942m
3. Minions 893m
4. Inside Out 801m
5. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation 789m
6. Terminator Genisys 602m
7. Ant-Man 567m
8. Mad Max Fury Road 518m
9. Fantastic Four 493m
10. San Andreas 401m

WW Top 5 Weekends

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron    385m
2. Jurassic World        307m
3. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation 157m
4. Minions 133m
5. Inside Out 124m

DOM Top 5 Weekends
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron    205m
2. Jurassic World        89m
3. Minions            74m
4. Inside Out            66m
5. Pixels            59m

DOM Lowest 5
1. The Outskirts
2. Dope
3. Aloha
4. Trainwreck
5. Southpaw

15,000 IF CORRECT
-5000 IF INCORRECT

Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.

1) Trainwreck
2) Southpaw
3) She's Funny That Way
4) Aloha

ABSTAIN

Second Bonus Question:

1) Masterminds
2) Fantastic Four
3) Terminator Genisys
4) Magic Mike XXL

ABSTAIN

Third Bonus Question:

1) Terminator Genisys
2) San Andreas
4) Ted 2
5) Mad Max

ABSTAIN

TRIPLE BONUS

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only)

ABSTAIN

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

ABSTAIN

Question 12:

ABSTAIN

Question 13:

ABSTAIN

Question 14:

Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill.

ABSTAIN

Question 15:

France
Netherlands

Venezuela

Hungary

ABSTAIN

PLAYERS:

This is a four parter:

3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews

***CAVEAT***

ABSTAIN

NEW QUESTION:

17)  Note*** Jurassic World does not qualify for this question

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer?
Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill?
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%?
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill?

ABSTAIN

1) Russia:  42M

MORE

2) Germany:  31.5M

LESS

3) Portugal:  3M

LESS

4) China:  200M

MORE

If you go for this question, you must get all 4 correct.  This is not a partial question.  If you get at least 3 of the 4 correct, you will get 50,000.  If you choose to abstain from this question, you will lose 15,000 points.  If you go for the question and you do not get at least 3 or the 4 correct, you will lose 30,000 points.  Choose Wisely.

1) Japan

YES

2) United Kingdom

YES

3) Columbia

YES

4) Mexico

YES

Each answer will be yes or no.  Nothing more.  You must get at least three correct.  Get three correct, get a bonus of 50,000, don't get three correct, lose 25,000, abstain, lose 10,000.

As promised, here are your additional 20 25 questions for you.  I love this part of the game.   :)

For every question you get right, you receive 7000 points. For every question you get wrong, you lose 2000 points.  These are mandatory questions, there is no abstaining.  Any player who is in this game, who does not answer these questions, loses 50,000 points.  Do not forget to do these.  Remember grosses count from May 1st until September 7th.

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? You have a cushion of 1 film.  So if you are off by 1, you still get full points.

FIFTEEN

2) How many films will make a billion dollars this summer?  No cushion

ONE

3) What will the domestic total gross be for the top 3 horror films of the summer.  II don't want to see anything but a number in your answer.  Do not list the films.  Cushion of 50 mill

200m

4) How  many films will gross at least 40 million opening day?  No cushion

ONE

5) How many films will make at least 500 million internationally? cushion of 1.

FOUR

6) Will Terminator Genisys and Pitch Perfect 2 and Insidious 3 combine to gross more than F7 domestically?

YES

7) Will Ted 2 make more than Ted?

NO

8) Will Tele love Mad Max and will baumer love Jurassic World?  You must answer both.  This is an honour system question.  I will tell you right now that I think i will love Jurassic World.

YES. YES.

9) Will any film released in August gross 100 mill before the end of the game?

YES

10) Will Self/Less make more than 40 million?

NO

11) How many films will make at least 750 million WW?  1 cushion

FOUR

12) How many films will make at least 30 million OD?  1 cushion

THREE

13) Will Magic Mike XXL have a bigger opening day than Terminator genisys?

YES

14) Will Pan be one of the top 7 grossing films of the summer domestically?

NO

15) Will Ant Man gross at least 500 mill WW?

YES

16) Will any film gross 250 million in China?

YES

17) Will any film have  a WW weekend of more than 300 million (Avengers will only count from the time the game starts)

YES

18) Will Mission Impossible gross more than 200 million?

YES

19) Will Vacation gross more than 70 million?

NO

20) How many films will gross at least 305 million this summer?  

ONE

21) Will Avengers gross more than the first one?

NO

22) Will any film besides Avengers make 25 million in Spain?

NO

23) Will any film besides Avengers make 65 million in the UK?

NO

24) Will Entourage make 100 mill or more?

NO

25) Will Avengers drop less than 55% second weekend?

NO

Edited by DamienRoc

TOP 15

1) Avengers - 597M
2) Minions - 345M
3) Jurassic World - 287M
4) Ant Man - 262M
5) Inside Out - 254M

6) Mission Impossible 5 - 229M
7) Ted 2 - 181M
8) Terminator Genisys - 141M
9) Mad Max: Fury Road - 137M
10) Fantastic 4 - 132M

11) Pixels - 129M
12) Spy - 122M
13) Tomorrowland - 118M
14) Pitch Perfect 2 - 117M
15) San Andreas - 111M

TOP 5 OPENING WEEKENDS:

1) Avengers - 211M
2) Jurassic World - 92M
3) Minions - 91M
4) AntMan - 84m
5) Mission Impossible 5 - 79M

TOP 10 WW

1) Avengers - 1.61B
2) Minions - 1.08B
3) Jurassic World - 955M
4) Mission Impossible 5 - 827M
5) Ant Man - 675M

6) Inside Out - 612M
7) Fantastic 4 - 577M
8) Terminator Genisys - 499M
9) Fantastic 4 - 466M
10) Mad Max - 456M

TOP 5 WW WEEKENDS

1) Avengers
2) Jurassic World
3) Mission Impossible
4) Minions
5) Ant man

TOP 5 LOWEST GROSSERS

1) Ricki and the Flash
2) The Gallows
3) The outskirts
4) Hot Pursuit
5) Dope

15,000 IF CORRECT
-5000 IF INCORRECT

Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.

1) Trainwreck
2) Southpaw 48.3m
3) Aloha 
4) The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Second Bonus Question:

1) Masterminds
2) Fantastic Four
3) Terminator Genisys 137M
4) Magic Mike XXL

Third Bonus Question:

1) Terminator Genisys
2) San Andreas
3) Mission Impossible Rogue Nation  586m
4) Ted 2
5) Mad Max

TRIPLE BONUS

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only) NO

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?  NO

Question 3: Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 280 million? (THIS WILL INCLUDE ANY 5 DAY WEEKENDS. WHATEVER IS REPORTED FOR THE ACTUALS ON MONDAY EVENING WILL BE THE NUMBER WE GO BY). But the weekend has to fall within the summer game dates.  YES

Question 4: Will any film make more than 51.5 million this summer in Australia?  ABSTAIN

Question 5: Will at least two films make more than 55 million dollars this summer in the UK box office?  YES

Question 6: Will any film besides Avengers make more than 150 million in CHINA this summer? ABSTAIN

Question 7: Will at least 2 films make at least a billion mill WW this summer?  YES

Question 8: Will at least 5 films, listed as a comedy (could be sci-fi comedy...horror comedy...must have comedy listed somewhere in the genre ) by Box Office Mojo, make more than 120 million dollars this summer? NO

Question 9: Will at least 3 action films released after May, have a WW gross of more than 500 million?   YES

Question 11: Will any two films make more than 40 million in Russia this summer? ABSTAIN

Question 12: Will the top two films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 2 spots add up to more than slots 3-7.  NO

Question 13:

Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 47.5%?  ABSTAIN

Question 14:

Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill.  YES

Question 15:

Will Minions outgross Avengers in at least two of these regions this summer?  NO

France
Netherlands
Venezuela
Hungary

PLAYERS:

This is a four parter:

3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews  YES

***CAVEAT***

NEW QUESTION:

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer? NO

1) Russia:  42M MORE
2) Germany:  31.5M  MORE
3) Portugal:  3M  LESS
4) China:  200M  MORE

1) Japan YES
2) United Kingdom YES
3) Columbia  YES
4) Mexico  YES

As promised, here are your additional 20 25 questions for you.  I love this part of the game.   :)

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? You have a cushion of 1 film.  So if you are off by 1, you still get full points. 16 - SIXTEEN
2) How many films will make a billion dollars this summer?  No cushion  3 - THREE
3) What will the domestic total gross be for the top 3 horror films of the summer.  II don't want to see anything but a number in your answer.  Do not list the films.  Cushion of 50 mill  227m
4) How  many films will gross at least 40 million opening day?  No cushion  5 - FIVE
5) How many films will make at least 500 million internationally? cushion of 1.  8 - EIGHT

6) Will Terminator Genisys and Pitch Perfect 2 and Insidious 3 combine to gross more than F7 domestically? NO
7) Will Ted 2 make more than Ted?  NO
8) Will Tele love Mad Max and will baumer love Jurassic World?  You must answer both.  This is an honour system question.  I will tell you right now that I think i will love Jurassic World.  YES
9) Will any film released in August gross 100 mill before the end of the game?  YES
10) Will Self/Less make more than 40 million?  YES

11) How many films will make at least 750 million WW?  1 cushion  4 - FOUR
12) How many films will make at least 30 million OD?  1 cushion  5 - FIVE
13) Will Magic Mike XXL have a bigger opening day than Terminator genisys?  NO
14) Will Pan be one of the top 7 grossing films of the summer domestically?  NO - NOT BEING RELEASED ANYMORE
15) Will Ant Man gross at least 500 mill WW?  YES

16) Will any film gross 250 million in China?  YES
17) Will any film have  a WW weekend of more than 300 million (Avengers will only count from the time the game starts)  YES
18) Will Mission Impossible gross more than 200 million?  YES
19) Will Vacation gross more than 70 million?  NO
20) How many films will gross at least 305 million this summer?    3 - THREE

21) Will Avengers gross more than the first one?   NO
22) Will any film besides Avengers make 25 million in Spain?  NO
23) Will any film besides Avengers make 65 million in the UK?  YES
24) Will Entourage make 100 mill or more?   NO

Edited by chasmmi

TOP 15

1) Age of Ultron - 542M

2) Inside Out - 333M

3) Minions - 328M

4) Jurassic World - 272M

5) Rogue Nation - 242M

6) Ant Man - 212M

7) Tomorrowland - 176M

8) Ted 2 - 165M

9) San Andreas - 142M

10) Spy - 134M

11) Terminator Genisys - 126M

12) Pitch Perfect 2 - 120M

13) Fantastic 4 - 117M

14) Vacation - 113M

15) Trainwreck - 102M

TOP 5 OPENING WEEKENDS:

1) Age of Ultron - 212M

2) Jurassic World - 93M

3) Minions - 86M

4) Rogue Nation - 78M

5) Ant Man - 76M

TOP 10 WW

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron - 1.73B

2) Minions - 934M

3) Jurassic World - 876M

4) Rogue Nation - 765M

5) Inside Out - 628M

6) Pixels - 615M

7) Ant-Man - 575M

8) Ted 2 - 550M

9) Fantasic 4 - 525M

10) San Andreas - 490M

TOP 5 WW WEEKENDS

2) Minions

3) Rogue Nation

4) Jurassic World

5) Ant Man

1) Underdogs

2) Before I wake

3) Outskirts

4) Ricky and the Flash

5) Shaun the Sheep Movie

15,000 IF CORRECT

-5000 IF INCORRECT

1) Trainwreck

2) Southpaw

4) Aloha

Answer - The Man From U.N.C.L.E. - 20.34

Second Bonus Question:

1) Masterminds

2) Fantastic Four

3) Terminator Genisys

4) Magic Mike XXL

Answer - Terminator Genisys - 126M

Third Bonus Question:

1) Terminator Genisys

2) San Andreas

4) Ted 2

5) Mad Max

Answer - Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - 523M OS

TRIPLE BONUS

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only)

A- NO

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?

A- NO

A- YES

A- YES

A- YES

A - YES

A - YES

A - NO

A - YES

A - 4) Avengers first ten days, Magic Mike XXL

A - YES

Question 12:

A- NO

Question 13:

A - YES

Question 14:

Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number? So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number. You guys know the drill.

A - YES

Question 15:

France

Netherlands

Venezuela

Hungary

A- YES

PLAYERS:

This is a four parter:

3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews YES

4)) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW? NO

***CAVEAT***

NEW QUESTION:

17) Note*** Jurassic World does not qualify for this question

Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill? NO

C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%? YES

1) Russia: 42M - MORE

2) Germany: 31.5M MORE

3) Portugal: 3M MORE

4) China: 200M MORE

If you go for this question, you must get all 4 correct. This is not a partial question. If you get at least 3 of the 4 correct, you will get 50,000. If you choose to abstain from this question, you will lose 15,000 points. If you go for the question and you do not get at least 3 or the 4 correct, you will lose 30,000 points. Choose Wisely.

1) Japan - NO

2) United Kingdom - YES

3) Columbia - NO

4) Mexico - YES

Each answer will be yes or no. Nothing more. You must get at least three correct. Get three correct, get a bonus of 50,000, don't get three correct, lose 25,000, abstain, lose 10,000.

As promised, here are your additional 20 25 questions for you. I love this part of the game. :)

For every question you get right, you receive 7000 points. For every question you get wrong, you lose 2000 points. These are mandatory questions, there is no abstaining. Any player who is in this game, who does not answer these questions, loses 50,000 points. Do not forget to do these. Remember grosses count from May 1st until September 7th.

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? You have a cushion of 1 film. So if you are off by 1, you still get full points. 16

2) How many films will make a billion dollars this summer? No cushion 1

3) What will the domestic total gross be for the top 3 horror films of the summer. II don't want to see anything but a number in your answer. Do not list the films. Cushion of 50 mill 124M

4) How many films will gross at least 40 million opening day? No cushion Answer = 1

5) How many films will make at least 500 million internationally? cushion of 1. Answer = 3

8) Will Tele love Mad Max and will baumer love Jurassic World? You must answer both. This is an honour system question. I will tell you right now that I think i will love Jurassic World. NO

10) Will Self/Less make more than 40 million? NO

11) How many films will make at least 750 million WW? 1 cushion 3

12) How many films will make at least 30 million OD? 1 cushion 3

13) Will Magic Mike XXL have a bigger opening day than Terminator genisys? NO

15) Will Ant Man gross at least 500 mill WW? YES

17) Will any film have a WW weekend of more than 300 million (Avengers will only count from the time the game starts)NO

18) Will Mission Impossible gross more than 200 million? YES

19) Will Vacation gross more than 70 million? YES

20) How many films will gross at least 305 million this summer? 3

23) Will any film besides Avengers make 65 million in the UK? NO

Edited by Empire Out

You are funny B. I actually looked this morning before work and almost sent you a message about it. Glad to see you still running the table.

And of course I'm in!

Edit with Answers.....

TOP 15

1) Avengers: Age of Ultron – 525M
2) Minions – 275m
3) Inside Out – 260m
4) Jurassic World – 250m
5) Mission Impossible 5 – 190m

6) Ant-Man – 170m  
7) Ted 2 – 165m
8) Spy – 145m
9) Tomorrow Land – 140m
10) Pixels – 139m

11) Fantastic Four – 135m
12) San Andreas – 130m
13) Vacation – 115m
14) Terminator – 110m
15) Pitch Perfect 2 – 100m

TOP 5 OPENING WEEKENDS:

1) Avengers 2 – 210M
2) Minions – 85m
3) Jurassic World – 80m
4) Inside Out – 72m
5) Mission 5 – 70m

TOP 10 WW

1) Avengers – 1.550b
2) Minions – 750m
3) Jurassic World – 740m
4) Inside Out - 650m
5) Mission Impossible - 500m

6) Ant Man - 480m
7) Ted 2 - 420m
8) Tomorrow Land - 400m
9) Pixels - 350m
10) San Andreas - 340m

TOP 5 WW WEEKENDS

1) Avengers
2) Minions
3) Jurasic World
4) Mission Impossible
5) Ant Man

1) The Gift
2) Underdogs
3) Trainwreck
4) The Gallows
5) Straight Outa Compton

15,000 IF CORRECT
-5000 IF INCORRECT

1) Trainwreck 17.6m

Second Bonus Question:

2) Fantastic Four - 135m

Third Bonus Question:

3) Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - 345m

TRIPLE BONUS

NO

NO

YES

YES

NO

YES

NO

NO

YES

YES

Question 12:

NO

Question 13:

YES

Question 14:

YES

Question 15:

France
Netherlands
Venezuela
Hungary

ABSTAIN

This is a four parter:

1) Will Avengers make at least 600 million domestically? - NO
3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews - YES
4)) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW? - NO

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer? - NO
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill? - YES

1) Russia:  42M - MORE
2) Germany:  31.5M - MORE
3) Portugal:  3M - LESS
4) China:  200M - MORE

1) Japan - YES
2) United Kingdom - YES
3) Columbia - YES
4) Mexico - YES

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? You have a cushion of 1 film.  So if you are off by 1, you still get full points. - 16
2) How many films will make a billion dollars this summer?  No cushion - 1
3) What will the domestic total gross be for the top 3 horror films of the summer.  II don't want to see anything but a number in your answer.  Do not list the films.  Cushion of 50 mill - 376m
4) How  many films will gross at least 40 million opening day?  No cushion - 1
5) How many films will make at least 500 million internationally? cushion of 1 - 2

6) Will Terminator Genisys and Pitch Perfect 2 and Insidious 3 combine to gross more than F7 domestically? - NO
7) Will Ted 2 make more than Ted? - NO
8) Will Tele love Mad Max and will baumer love Jurassic World?  You must answer both.  This is an honour system question.  I will tell you right now that I think i will love Jurassic World. Tele NO Baumer YES
9) Will any film released in August gross 100 mill before the end of the game? - NO
10) Will Self/Less make more than 40 million? - NO

11) How many films will make at least 750 million WW?  1 cushion - 2
12) How many films will make at least 30 million OD?  1 cushion - 3
13) Will Magic Mike XXL have a bigger opening day than Terminator genisys? - NO
14) Will Pan be one of the top 7 grossing films of the summer domestically? - NO
15) Will Ant Man gross at least 500 mill WW? - NO

16) Will any film gross 250 million in China? - NO
17) Will any film have  a WW weekend of more than 300 million (Avengers will only count from the time the game starts) - YES
18) Will Mission Impossible gross more than 200 million? - NO
19) Will Vacation gross more than 70 million? - YES
20) How many films will gross at least 305 million this summer? - ONE 

21) Will Avengers gross more than the first one? - NO
22) Will any film besides Avengers make 25 million in Spain? - NO
23) Will any film besides Avengers make 65 million in the UK? - NO
24) Will Entourage make 100 mill or more? - NO

25) Will Avengers drop less than 55% second weekend? - NO

Edited by narniadis

I found a previous summer game thread. Thanks to the forum's formatting of older posts, it is very clear...

(could anyone explain this in a few sentences? pretty please?)

AND HERE WE GO!!WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL BAUMER'S SUMMER GAME 2012! This is the 5th Annual Summer Game:THE GAME:Hello fellow BOM'ers. Welcome the FIFTH annual BAUMER'S SUMMER GAME. Last year we had more than 75 players register and about 55 consistent players in the games. The second year we had about 70 and the first year there was about 35. This is a four month game that begins this year on Friday May 4th with the release of The Avengers and culminates on Monday September the 3rd. This means the last weekend of the game will be Labour Day weekend and the grosses will count up to and including Monday the 3rd.PLEASE REMEMBER THAT GROSSES FOR ALL FILMS WILL ONLY COUNT UP UNTIL MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd.This year we will be predicting the top 12 films of the summer. These predictions are due by Wednesday May 2nd at midnight Box Office Theory Time. You will post your predictions in this thread. There are no pm's. Everyone predictions are here for everyone to see. Nothing to hide. What this means is that if you are influenced by others and you want to copy what they think, that is up to you. But this game is won or lost over many different elements. Every element is important. If you target one player and copy their top 12 and they have a few bad calls, you will do the same. My advice to everyone is to be yourself. You have a month to analyze this films coming out this summer. Use that month to read up on and study the films slated for release this summer. It's a lot of work, no doubt. But the fun of the game is your reward.Another piece of advice i can give is to read Shawn's 2012 preview located in the link below:http://boxofficetheo...orecast-top-10/This year, I have decided that we will be doing a lot more to challenge your box office acumen. I think you will be pleased with some of the changes. But first, onto what we already know.The second and biggest part of the game is that every week I put up "bonus questions" that are worth 12,000 points every week. There will also be bonus points each week rewarded for several different accuracy measures. You will experience this as the game goes on. There are several weeks with bigger releases that the points available will total up to 50,000 points. I decide if the week will be worth 12,000 points, 50,000 points or anywhere in between. To make it fair and so that all of the cards are on the table, after the release of TDKR, there will only be one week that can be worth more than the standard 12,000 points (plus other bonuses). This is to keep the game fair.There will also be SOTM (SPUR OF THE MOMENT QUESTIONS) asked every once in a while. These literally are spur of the moment questions. I don't have a set amount as to how many there will be, but they will be worth no more than 8000 points each. Again, there will be some stipulations, and very few mind you, where some special ones may go as high as 15,000. To make this fair and transparent, I'll promise that this year, no more than FIVE SOTM QUESTIONS WILL BE WORTH 15,000. The rest will stay at 8,000. The SOTM questions can change the balance of the game, no doubt, but they are also a staple of this game and although they create some controversy, they will remain. The reason for this is that I like them.A typical looking SOTM scoring scheme will look like this:Tell me, will The Avengers have a second Friday of more than 15 mill?8000 if you get it right.-5000 if you get it wrong.2000 if you choose not to answer the question (abstain).Here's how the game will work. AND PLEASE READ VERY VERY CAREFULLY. And if you have any questions, ask me because once the game starts, you must abide by STRICT deadlines. If you miss a deadline on any question, you absolutely, unequivocally will not qualify for that question. So if i ask that a SOTM question be answered by 4pm on July 6th, and your answer is submitted or edited after that time, you will be disqualified from that question. I will rule on this without passion or prejudice. IT WILL BE STRICT. I hope everyone understands this.To qualify for the prizes, you have to be in this game from the beginning. You must have your predictions in before Wednesday May 2nd at midnight Box Office Theory Time.If you are in a different time zone, it is your responsibility to figure out the conversion.NOW PAY ATTENTION HERE: Here is the game structure and all that is involved. For those of you who have played before, you will notice some significant changes.This year, you have to predict the top 12 films of the summer. That means you have to tell me, in order, what the top 12 films, by gross, will be for the summer.For example, if you think The Expendables 2 will finish 1st with 450 million dollars, you would put that 1st. If you think Snow White and the Huntsman finishes 2nd with 400 mill you put that and so on.Here is an example of what your top 12 would have to look like:1) The Dictator: 485 mill2) Ice Age 4: 420 mill3) Brave: 215 mill4) Neighborhood Watch: 199.9 mill5) Battleship: 185 mill6) Rock of Ages: 165 mill7) Snow White: 164 mill8) GI Joe: 160 mill9) That's My Boy: 13710) The Dark Shadows: 12511) Chernobyl Diaries: 12512) The Samaritan: 115This is just a sample of what you need to do. Tell me, in order with the gross, what films will finish top 12 for the summer.POINT SYSTEM: The point system will be very similar to last year, but with a few changes. You will rewarded even more for accuracy.For every film you call correctly in the top 12, in any order, you will get 15,000 points. For every film you call in the exact spot, you will get 25,000 points. So you must think this out thoroughly. You will also lose 10,000 points for every film in the top 12 that you call incorrectly. So, for example, if say The Dark Knight Returns will be in the top 12 twelve, and it misses the top 12, you will lose 10000 points PLUS whatever you miss the gross by.And one more caveat to this is the double whammy rule. If you call a film to hit the top 12 and it misses, you will lose points for missing the top 12 and you will lose points if the gross misses by more than the 40 million allotted to you. If however you call a film incorrectly in the top 12 but you are within the 40 million, YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT FOR THOSE POINTS. This is a rule that I have always wanted to be in the game but through unclear wording, it never has been. That changes this year. This is a game of accuracy and as such your rewards are high as is your punishment.Back to the scoring.If you are able to call the top three positions right, in order, regardless of the gross, you will get a 75,000 point bonus.If you are able to call the top four positions right, in order, regardless of the gross, you will get a 100,000 point bonus.If you can call the top five positions right, in order, regardless of gross, you will get a 250,000 point bonus.If you are a genius and can call all 12 right, in order, regardless of gross, you will get a 750,000 point bonus and basically win the game.As a side note, in the FOUR previous years in this game, no one has called the top five correct yet.OTHER ADD ONS:Call SPOTS 3-5 correct, regardless of order, and receive a 150,000 point bonus.Call 6 of the 12 films correctly, regardless of the order, and receive a 150,000 point bonus.Call 9 of the top 12 correct, regardless of order, receive a 300,000 point bonus.Call all 12 correct, regardless of order, and you get a 500,000 point bonus.This does not eliminate the bonus points originally mentioned, it will just add to them. So for example, if you happen to call the top five positions correctly, you will get the 250K bonus for having the top 5 in any order, PLUS YOU WILL GET THE 150k BONUS FOR HAVING POSITIONS 3-5 IN ORDER.So even if you are not doing so well with the bonus points, a huuuuuuge premium is put on calling the films in the right order, so do your research.For the gross that you predict, for every film that you call within 20 mill, you will get 10,000 points. If you call it within 30 mill, you get 5000 bonus points. If you miss the films gross by 30.01-40 mill you will not lose any points. From 40.01 to 60 mill you lose 5000 points. For every 20 mill you miss after the first 60 mill, you will lose 1000 points per 20 mill. Even if you miss the gross by 61 mill, that extra 1 mill will cause you to lose a full 1000 points.For even more of an accuracy bonus, if you can call any film within 5 million of the actual gross, you will receive a bonus of 20,000. If you can call the gross within 2 million, you get a bonus of 25,000.Predicting the top 12 and their gross is very, very difficult, especially since you have to have this in before May 2nd. ONCE YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE IN, YOU CANNOT CHANGE THEM AFTER May 2nd.By popular demand and because we have a huge contingent of international players, I'm going to have an international flavour to game also.To add some flair, here is how it will work.International Flair #1:Tell me what the WW top 5 of the summer will be. The point structure will be as follows:Every film you call in the top 5 correct, you get 10,000 points. If you call the top 3 spots in order, you get a bonus of 25,000. If you can call all 5 in order you will get a 100,000 point bonus.Call the gross correct within 50 mill: 10,000 pointsCall the gross within 50.1 mill to 75 mill 5000 ptsCall the gros within 75.1 to 100 mill 2500 pts.Miss the WW gross by more than 100 mill and you lose 10,000 points.If you call a film in the top 5 that doesn't appear in the top WW top 5, you will lose 10,000 points.International Flair #2:What five films will have the best weekends World Wide? I realize some films open day and date, and others do not. This is why it is now just best weekend. For every film in the top 5 you call correctly, you get 15,000 points.For every film you call incorrectly, you lose 8,000 points.If you call 3 of the top 5 correctly, regardless of order, you get a 20,000 point bonus.If you call all 5 correctly, regardless of order, you get a 75,000 point bonusPLEASE READ CAREFULLY:Here is something new this year.Tell me what films will finish with the 7 best opening weekends domestically. Opening weekends will include any films gross that starts at midnight on Thursday (so this can include a Thursday opening if applicable) and culminates with the Sunday gross. One caveat to this is that if a film changes it's release date, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. So for example, if Battleship suddenly decides that it wants to open on a Wednesday, only the gross from Thursday to Sunday will count. There will be no exceptions to this.Scoring for best opening weekends:For every film you call correctly in the top seven, regardless of order, you will receive 10,000 points. For every film you call in the exact spot it opens, you will get 15,000 points. If you are able to call 5 of the 7 correctly, you will receive a 75,000 point bonus. Call all seven correctly, you get a 150,000 point bonus. For every film you call incorrectly in the top 7, you lose 7,000 points.I had a blast running this last year and it will be just as much fun this year. I hope all of you participate. The three winners last year were incredibly accurate and I expect nothing less this year.This thread will be the thread where the summer game discussion will take place. Once the game starts, there will be a whole new forum opened where we will post our weekly answers and so on. More on this later as the information becomes available.One final thing:I score this game by myself. There is no magic program to determine points, so sometimes points might not be done right on time. I work two jobs and have a family, so sometimes you will have to be patient with me while i score the game. I do have some help this year with excel programs and so on so it should be much more accurate.PRIZES: ALL IN CANADIAN CURRENCY (the payout of cash or certificate will be your choice)1ST PLACE: $50.00, PAID IN CASH OR A CINEPLEX GIFT CERTIFICATE2ND PLACE: $30.00, PAID IN CASH OR A CINEPLEX GIFT CERTIFICATE3RD PLACE: $20.00, PAID IN CASH OR A CINEPLEX GIFT CERTIFICATEYou have almost 6 weeks to do your research, post your top 12 and get ready for a lot of fun this summer!!LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!HERE ARE YOUR FIRST PRE SEASON BONUS QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ANSWERED BEFORE MIDNIGHT MAY 2NDTHESE WILL BE WORTH A TOTAL OF 10,000 POSSIBLE POINTS.10,000 IF CORRECT-5000 IF INCORRECT3000 FOR TELLING ME THAT YOU ARE ABSTAININGTell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.1) Diary of a Wimpy Kid 22) Savages3) Tyler Perry's The Marriage Counselor4) People Like Us5) Seeking a Friend for the End of the WorldFOR AN ADDITIONAL 10,000 Tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 5000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.Second Bonus Question:Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer:1) Magic Mike2) Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter3) Dark Shadows4) The DictatorFor 10,000 POSSIBLE bonus points, tell me, within 5 million dollars, what its gross will be. Anyone who calls this within 5 million dollars (note you MUST CALL THE CORRECT FILM TO QUALIFY FOR THE 10,000 BONUS PTS) whether it is over or under the total, will get the 10,000 points.Third Bonus Question:Tell me, of these five films, which will be the highest grossing?1) Total Recall2) The Dictator3) Dark Shadows4) The Expendables 25) ParanormanFor 15,000 bonus points, call the correct film within 5 mill.Any questions please let me know.THIS BONUS QUESTIONS ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT MAY 2ND.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER.TRIPLE BONUSHere are your 16 bonus questions that have to be answered before the MAY 2ND start date.Question 1: Will the Opening Weekend (3 day) record be broken? The current record holder is HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS 2 WITH $169,189,427.Answer it correctly: 15,000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 8000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.Question 2: Will the opening day record be broken? This includes all monies earned from midnight as well, but will not include any money earned from early start times like 8pm and so on). The current record holder is DH2 WITH $91,071,119.Answer it correctly: 15,000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 8000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.Question 3: Will any film this summer open to a worldwide opening weekend of more than 400 million? (THIS WILL INCLUDE ANY 5 DAY WEEKENDS. WHATEVER IS REPORTED FOR THE ACTUALS ON MONDAY EVENING WILL BE THE NUMBER WE GO BY).Answer it correctly: 15,000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 8000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 5000 points.Question 4: Will any film make more than 60 million this summer in FRANCE?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 8000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 3000 points.Question 5: Will any film make more than 85 million dollars this summer in the UK box office?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 8000 points) 5000 points.Question 6: Will any film make more than 50 million in CHINA this summer? Both Transformers 3 and DH2 did more than 60 in China last year.Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.Question 7: Will at least 2 films make one billion WW this summer?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.Question 8: Will at least 2 films, listed as a comedy by Box Office Mojo, make more than 100 million dollars this summer?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.Question 9: Will at least 2 animated film have a WW gross of more than 700 million dollars?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.Question 10: Which combination of films will make more money domestically?1) The Avengers, The Bourne Legacy, Step Up 4, Rock of Ages2) The Dark Knight Returns, Ted, Neighborhood Watch3) Brave, MIB 3, Battleship, Prometheus4) Madagascar 3, The Amazing Spiderman, Piranha Double DD's, Snow White and the HuntsmenAnswer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 5000 points) 3000 points.Question 11: Will any film make more than 30 million in Russia this summer?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.Question 12:Will TDKR and The Avengers combined make more this summer than the other top 5 films combined (domestic only)?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.Question 13:Will at least three films gross more than 100 mill opening weekend?Answer it correctly: 15000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 10,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 10,000 points) 3000 points.Question 14:Will The Avengers or The Dark Knight Returns have a better Saturday drop than The Hunger Games?Answer it correctly: 25,000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 15,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 15,000 points) 5000 points.Question 15:Will The Amazing Spider-man have a better gross than TDKR in any of these three regions:JapanChinaSouth KoreaAnswer it correctly: 25,000 pointsAnswer it incorrectly: lose 15,000 pointsChoose not to answer ( and you must state that you are not answering..failing to do so will automatically result in a loss of 15,000 points) 5000 points.PLAYERS:There may be more preseason bonus questions added before the start of the game. It is doubtful, but I hold the right to add a question if it seems right.Bonus Question of all Bonus Questions:This is a four parter:1) Will TDKR make at least 500 million domestically?2) Will TDKR make more than 580 million internationally?3) Will TDKR do at least 40 million for midnights?4)) Will TDKR make at least 1.1 billion WW?Scoring: All questions you answer correctly are worth 7000 points. You can go for as many as you like.Here is the catch: Every answer you call incorrectly you lose 10,000 points.There are no points for abstaining, with one caveat down below. ***Even more bonus and more treachery:If you go 4/4 you get a 28,000 point bonus. So this means you will get a total of 56,000 points for this question (7000X4 plus 28,000 point bonus)However, if you go for all 4 you must get all four correct. If you get even one incorrect, you will lose 15,000 points. So what this means is, if you go for all four and even if you get 3/4 correct, not only will you NOT get the 11,000 but you will lose a full 15,000 points.This question is worth a lot of points for those ballsy enough to go for all 4, but it will kick your ass if you get too cocky.Remember, you don't have to answer any of them. Or you can answer as little as you want. It's totally up to you.You can choose to go for as many or as little as you want.***CAVEAT***If you choose to abstain from all 4, you will get 5000 for doing so.You must tell me if you are abstaining.NEW QUESTION:This is a four part question. Again, you have choices.Choice A, answer any part of the question. Each answer you get correct you will receive 7000 points. Each answer you get wrong, you will lose 7000 points. If you go for all four parts of the question, you must get all four parts correct. If you get even one wrong after going for it all, you will lose 7,000 points. You can go for all of it, none of it and some of it. Choice is yours.17)A) Will any film listed as a horror film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer?Will any film listed as a horror film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 32.5 mill?C) Will any film listed as a horror film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 43%?D) Will any film listed as a horror film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 10 mill?Get any question right: 7000Get any question wrong: -7000Abstain from all four questions: 5000Go for all four, and get all four correct not only will you get the 28,000, you get a bonus of 28,000. But you must go for all four to qualify for the bonusGOOD LUCK!!There are a lot of preseason points to be had here. You can also lose A LOT OF points here or if you want, there are plenty of bonus points just for not answering the questions.Good luck all, and remember these are due by May 2nd at midnight BOT time.IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, PLEASE ASK THEM IN HERE.Thanks.

• Like 1

I found a previous summer game thread. Thanks to the forum's formatting of older posts, it is very clear...

(could anyone explain this in a few sentences? pretty please?)

Examples from the Winter Game last year should still be up (in the Games Forum).

Very simply: this is a summer-long game to see who's the most accurate at predicting. Baumer puts out a big set of pre-game questions, we all put in our answers beforehand. Players submit their list of the top-15 of the summer and additional top-lists for worldwide and OWs as well. Being accurate with your pre-season predictions gives you a lot of points -- not only getting close to each movie's gross, but the order of the lists as well. (The gross is only counted through the duration of the game, so in this case anything a movie grosses after Labor Day in September won't count.)

In addition, once the game starts, there are a set of weekly questions based on that week's releases. Guessing correctly (or getting close) gives you points, guessing badly takes points away. At the end, everything is summed up and we have a winner.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

I've ran out of likes but thanks Tele :)

I didn't even realise there was a games forum :o I'll have a look.

Sounds like fun.

The Winter Game (run last year by chasmmi) is smaller than the Summer Game, but it's basically the same thing. Here is a good summation thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/16194-chasmmis-winter-game-discussion-and-rules-scores-are-tallied-results-countdown-in-progress/

• Like 1