Neo

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves | March 31, 2023 | Paramount | Amazon Prime advance screenings March 19 @ 2 PM

23 minutes ago, Morieris said:

My audience had quite a lot of women; Some without men, some who were clearly part of a RP group, some who just like high fantasy (🙋🏾‍♀️), maybe some who just wanted to see Chris Pine and Rege Jean-Page.

In my advanced screening, RJP draw most reaction from ladies.  

maybe the movie is much better than the advertising idk but after watching John Wick i'm having that blessed feeling i get when i know i'll never have to see a trailer again. seen it too many times. and there were some like tie in sponsor adverts that were dungeons and dragons related too that played i basically had to watch the trailer three times before every movie for the past few months.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

maybe the movie is much better than the advertising idk but after watching John Wick i'm having that blessed feeling i get when i know i'll never have to see a trailer again. seen it too many times. and there were some like tie in sponsor adverts that were dungeons and dragons related too that played i basically had to watch the trailer three times before every movie for the past few months.

I have flet that way about a number of trailers, and even more about some of the movie theater commericials. 

I'm thinking this will be good counter-programming to John Wick 4. It might be a sleeper hit similar to Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, especially with the surprisingly good reviews making it out to be a fun fantasy romp that anybody can get into whether you're a fan of the property or not (always a plus). It also makes the failures of Shazam 2 and Ant Man 3 look even worse when a Dungeons and Dragons movie manages to surpass both in terms of quality and box office.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Does one of them include Nicole Kidman

Actually no, but a year ago that Ben Affleck Crytpo currency ad drove me crazy...not least because I always though Crypto was a new version of the Ponzi Scheme.

Saw this at the Sunday sneak peek and had a very good time. There may be a bit more humor than necessary but the film is refreshingly sincere and doesn't take its setting for a joke.

It's also nice to have a big-budget blockbuster film that has all of its action sequences well lit and doesn't look like it was filmed entirely on a soundstage. We get less and less of those as time passes.

• Like 5

Man paramount is really trying everything to get people to see this. I can understand because there's a really good chance it will not open #1 this weekend against John Wick in its second weekend. There's no way they could really spin that positively.

This movie is going to have to survive drowning against John wick and Mario and hope WOM will carry it through a weak April. Itd be a shame if this doesn't find an audience in theaters.

Edited by AGlitchGnome