#ED

Tuesday Numbers: Iron Man 3 - (Actual: $11.287m)

So, I was right. All the nay-sayers and their "new May releases don't increase on their first Tuesday". I said in the Monday thread that all these rules and precedents will one day be broken - today is that day.

• Like 5

Awesome number for Tuesday.. Will the meltdown commence tomorrow at some point with people labeling it a flop or what??? :popcorn:

No one actually believes the movie has flopped domestically. A 380-390M finish is still a big 70-80M jump from IM2, which is impressive. Edited by Godzilla

So, I was right. All the nay-sayers and their "new May releases don't increase on their first Tuesday". I said in the Monday thread that all these rules and precedents will one day be broken - today is that day.

The question is why wasn't Monday below a 70% drop? Did something happen on Monday?

Which is above 70%. A drop greater than 70%. ;)

why wasn't Monday below a 70% drop?

73% is below 70%. Did you mean below as in 69, 68, etc?

I took below to mean under, but you meant it as better than 70%, right?

Edited by Neo

Awesome to see IM3 increase! I saw it a 2nd time today and unfortunately it didn't hold up quite as well for me on a repeat viewing. I was actually surprised because I kinda thought I'd like it better the 2nd time. :unsure: Still better than IM2 for me, but it's a lot closer to that movie in quality than I would have liked.