#ED

Tuesday Numbers: Iron Man 3 - (Actual: $11.287m)

so it stayed somewhat flat compare to mondays number? isnt that good?

Yes, but overreactions here are king, even if it was 25M for Tuesday would still find posters to say it was terrible hold.

This Week's Predictions -

1. Iron Man 3 (Marvel Studios/Disney) - $76.2 million -56%

2. The Great Gatbsy (Warner Bros.) - $32.5 million N/A 

3. Peeples (Lionsgate) - $8.1 million N/A

4. Pain & Gain (Paramount) - $4 million -47%

5. 42 (Warner Bros.) - $3.6 million -48%

6. The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/20th Century Fox) - $3.0 million -30%

7. Oblivion (Universal) - $2.8 million -50%

8. Mud (Roadside Attractions) - $2.4 million +12%

9. The Big Wedding (Lionsgate) - $2.2 million -43%

via comingsoon.net

Edited by iTz ED

Yeah it will get over 70 million, Gatsby is overhyped and families have most of the general audience has nothing to see.

GG couldl be a strong draw for women and the couples crowd and based on the demos so far, I can see a decent chunk going to GG. But I still think IM3 will win the weekend. This weekend should be a good indication of good/bad WOM.

If Temptation can open to $20M, so can Peeples. And Kerry Washington and Craig Robinson are black draws, more than Jurnee Smollet, Lance Gross, and the other guy from Temp T, plus this is a comedy, I say over $20M.

I see over $40M with Gatsby too. Reviews are average, but hype is high, especially with high schoolers/college kids. And of course Leo. This has to open higher than SI. Those estimates are whack.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

I think a 20-25% drop for IM3 today is reasonable considering the hold it has for Tues.

Edited by Sam

The Gatsby's number should be higher, but I totally agree with the Iron Man number. I think it does 76-78M.

It needs a much better Thurs-Fri increase than The Avengers to get that high. Totally not ruling it out, I just see something in the 70-72m range right now.