#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

I don't get the hate for Alice. Sure, the 3D was pretty useless, but it was a fun movie. It was never meant to be an Oscar-contender.

It was total and utter garbage. 

• Like 8

I don't get the hate for Alice. Sure, the 3D was pretty useless, but it was a fun movie. It was never meant to be an Oscar-contender.

It fails on basically every single level. It doesn't even look nice, which is something I can usually get out of a Burton movie.

• Like 3

One more thing, the fact that IM3 is already at $949m WW shows how important the Asian markets are for ANY future summer movie. Such a massive source of revenue

The Chinese Polit Bureau begs to differ, darling.

Amazing weekend for GG and IM3. We know IM3's playing like a family movie but real question is why? It's less family friendly or seems less family friendly than TA but Friday/Saturday jumps prove otherwise. Only thing I can think of is last family movie was Croods in March so IM3's benefiting greatly from that void. Also Sunday drop seems harsh so it could possibly get to 74-75M for the weekend. OS numbers are just unreal, 664.1M. It passed TDKR as the biggest solo SH movie OS and should be able to get to 825M+.  :D  :D  :D

• Like 3

Amazing weekend for GG and IM3. We know IM3's playing like a family movie but real question is why? It's less family friendly or seems less family friendly than TA but Friday/Saturday jumps prove otherwise. Only thing I can think of is last family movie was Croods in March so IM3's benefiting greatly from that void. Also Sunday drop seems harsh so it could possibly get to 74-75M for the weekend. OS numbers are just unreal, 664.1M. It passed TDKR as the biggest solo SH movie OS and should be able to get to 825M+.  :D  :D

After this weekend, the roller coaster rides will begin again starting tomorrow with the Monday drops. I'm kinda looking forward to it  :lol:

The constant though is IM3 amazing performance OS  :wub: Never would have dreamed of it reaching 800M OS.

I think with the break out in NA, TGG will possibly break out OS too. I really hope it will  :D

• Like 1

Amazing weekend for GG and IM3. We know IM3's playing like a family movie but real question is why? It's less family friendly or seems less family friendly than TA but Friday/Saturday jumps prove otherwise. Only thing I can think of is last family movie was Croods in March so IM3's benefiting greatly from that void. Also Sunday drop seems harsh so it could possibly get to 74-75M for the weekend. OS numbers are just unreal, 664.1M. It passed TDKR as the biggest solo SH movie OS and should be able to get to 825M+.  :D  :D  :D

That little kid in the second act. I bet they are eating it up like candy. 

That little kid in the second act. I bet they are eating it up like candy. 

Possibly but I felt TA was more family friendly and somehow IM3's jumps are much bigger. Only other reason other than Harley is the void of family movie. Which makes sense actually and should definitely help it hold well next weekend. 

I think post-TA all of these Marvel movies are going to play out like family films. Kids adore TA, and want to see more of the characters.

That should be huge for Thor and help its legs vs Catching Fire since I think there's no animation between Cloudy 2 in late September and Frozen in late November

• Like 2

Possibly but I felt TA was more family friendly and somehow IM3's jumps are much bigger. Only other reason other than Harley is the void of family movie. Which makes sense actually and should definitely help it hold well next weekend. 

Exactly how I feel.  The film as a whole, I thought TA was just more kid-friendly compared to IM3, which only had bits and pieces of that same appeal IMO.

Because kids like Iron Man.

I think post-TA all of these Marvel movies are going to play out like family films. Kids adore TA, and want to see more of the characters.

That should be huge for Thor and help its legs vs Catching Fire since I think there's no animation between Cloudy 2 in late September and Frozen in late November

It's really cute seeing kids dress up as Avengers characters :wub: The popularity of the Big Four really skyrocketed after TA

I think two things need to happen

1) Studios need to release more kid-friendly movies in April.

2) First weekend of May is now officially one of the biggest weekends of the year. There is no reason for other studios to concede it to just one Super Hero movie. They need to contest this weekend.

• Like 3

I think two things need to happen

1) Studios need to release more kid-friendly movies in April.

2) First weekend of May is now officially one of the biggest weekends of the year. There is no reason for other studios to concede it to just one Super Hero movie. They need to contest this weekend.

Agree with your first point. Family movies, especially animations can really do big in April, let's see how Rio 2 perform next year, I think we might be in for a surprise.

Being a summer opener is really a big advantage. TASM2 is already locked to be the opener next May, and TA2 in 2015. I can see the May 2016 onward spots claimed by SW series.

Edited by Sam