#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

It only needs a 2.3 mulitplier to make $400m.  Here are the only movies to not hit that multiplier with a 50m+ opening weekend:

Movie Mult Watchmen  1.95 Valentine's Day  1.96 Paranormal Activity 3  1.98 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1  2.04 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2  2.07 The Twilight Saga: New Moon  2.08 X-Men Origins: Wolverine  2.11 Hulk  2.13 Fast and Furious  2.19 Green Lantern  2.19 Spider-Man 3  2.23 The Village  2.25 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2  2.25 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer  2.27 8 Mile  2.28 X-Men: The Last Stand  2.28

It's not impossible, but it's gonna be damn hard. It has heavy competition for 2 weeks, then maybe leveling out for 2 weeks and then MOS hits.

I don't get all the doom and gloom suddenly. It's looking to make around 70m this weekend which was what was mostly expected. It's still on track for 400m.

According to some it was on track last weekend for...

550M, 500M, 450M, etc....

It's not impossible, but it's gonna be damn hard. It has heavy competition for 2 weeks, then maybe leveling out for 2 weeks and then MOS hits.

I think it will be harder to not hit $400m, but we shall see

Impressive jump for IM3, but let's face it. The true story of the weekend is that of Jay Gatsby. Talk about an impressive opening weekend.

Peeples. :rofl: At least it bombed to point where everyone is screwed and not just me.

I don't get all the doom and gloom suddenly. It's looking to make around 70m this weekend which was what was mostly expected. It's still on track for 400m.

Not even.  After the Wednesday and Thursday numbers and Gatsby's midnight performance, some people were predicting this would barely hang on to low 60s.

That's the word: SOME PEOPLE

That's what I said  :huh:

Yes, it wasn't everyone in that there were always the two or three folks who steadfastly held to the possibility of it reaching 70M. But even then, those folks seem to be aware that they were facing some odds considering its unremarkable weekdays and Gatsby's breakout: "Well I still think/hope it reaches 70M".  I don't think it's farfetched to say a few people have deflated expectations for IM3's second weekend.

19 allows for 70 million no worries

Unless it's an animated film, I don't see that happening. If it only grossed 19M, then 60M might not be happening. And I'm not sure if you know this, but it is a PG-13 movie. Not exactly a “family” movie. Try to be logical at least.

That's what I said  :huh:

Yes, it wasn't everyone in that there were always the two or three folks who steadfastly held to the possibility of it reaching 70M. But even then, those folks seem to be aware that they were facing some odds considering its unremarkable weekdays and Gatsby's breakout: "Well I still think/hope it reaches 70M".  I don't think it's farfetched to say a few people have deflated expectations for IM3's second weekend.

I predicted 67 M. I based that on the not so great Wed and Thu numbers. Some wanted below 70 M i think because of Baumer's game. Just that.

Unless it's an animated film, I don't see that happening. If it only grossed 19M, then 60M might not be happening. And I'm not sure if you know this, but it is a PG-13 movie. Not exactly a “family” movie. Try to be logical at least.

60 M not happening?  :ph34r: